My New Garden Project

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Monica... it is a beautiful garden--- great work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks everyone. It's fun and relaxing to do, and I love sitting out in the backyard, especially first thing in the morning, when it's not too hot yet.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks everyone, we've had so much rain here so we got a late start in planting. We started the garden a couple of years ago, and now we just add one or more each year, and just have to maintain. I've put mostly Perrenials in, but I have a few annuals and my hanging baskets are annuals, so I replace those each year.

My neighbour is in her 80s and she lost her husband last year, last Friday was the one year anniversary of when he passed away, Nan ( I call her Nana, she's so sweet, and I don't have any grandparents left, so I've adopted her). She asked me to pick her a Japanese Maple tree, ( she loves mine in my backyard) as a memorial to her husband. Hubby and I went to the garden centre on Sunday and we picked one up for her, my husband is going to plant it in her backyard for her this week. I'll post a picture of it once it's planted. I've been looking after her backyard plants since last year when Jimmy passed away, and we water for her when we water our gardens.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks everyone, we've had so much rain here so we got a late start in planting. We started the garden a couple of years ago, and now we just add one or more each year, and just have to maintain. I've put mostly Perrenials in, but I have a few annuals and my hanging baskets are annuals, so I replace those each year.

My my neighbour is in her 80s and she lost her husband last year, last Friday was the one year anniversary of when he passed away, Nan ( I call her Nana, she's so sweet, and I don't have any grandparents left, so I've adopted her). She asked me to pick her a Japanese Maple tree, ( she loves mine in my backyard) as a memorial to her husband. Hubby and I went to the garden centre on Sunday and we picked one up for her, my husband is going to plant it in her backyard for her this week. I'll post a picture of it once it's planted. I've been looking after her backyard plants since last year when Jimmy passed away, and we water for her when we water our gardens.

You are a fantastic neighbor... so wonderful for you to have 'adopted'her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank

My my neighbour is in her 80s and she lost her husband last year, last Friday was the one year anniversary of when he passed away, Nan ( I call her Nana, she's so sweet, and I don't have any grandparents left, so I've adopted her). She asked me to pick her a Japanese Maple tree, ( she loves mine in my backyard) as a memorial to her husband. Hubby and I went to the garden centre on Sunday and we picked one up for her, my husband is going to plant it in her backyard for her this week. I'll post a picture of it once it's planted. I've been looking after her backyard plants since last year when Jimmy passed away, and we water for her when we water our gardens.

Making a difference in someone's life :) It's a wonderful thing :) You probably find that in doing so, you too are so blessed :) Looking forward to seeing the 'tree' once planted ;)

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Making a difference in someone's life :) It's a wonderful thing :) You probably find that in doing so, you too are so blessed :) Looking forward to seeing the 'tree' once planted ;)

Here is is the picture of the Japanese Maple. Hubby planted in the neighbours garden. It looks really nice. We named the tree Jimmy after her husband who passed away last July. She wanted this tree as a memorial for her hubby.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,023.9 KB · Views: 53

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Nere is is the picture of the Japanese Maple. Hubby planted in the neighbours garden. It looks really nice. We named the tree Jimmy after her husband who passed away last July. She wanted this tree as a memorial for her hubby.

How very beautiful... and beautiful for you to have done this for her. Any lifting of that sorrow is a treasured gift in itself... Thanks :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.