HAPPY CANADA DAY!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ENJOY your holiday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I loved that!!! so, Happy Canada day :) (i can say that cause now i know what you celebrate ;) )

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
This weekend is Canada Day. Came across this and it was just toooooo funny!

WATCH: Neighbours Explaining Canada Day to America - 92.7 Rock

Happy Canada Day! My favorite Canada Day and 4th of July was in Toronto 7 years ago. My friends lived in a condo building close to downtown, not far from the water and from the roof top of their building watched a light and fire work show for both Canada Day and the 4th of July. It was amazing.

Thanks for reminding me too. I have a coworker in BC that has been helping me with some items and I need to make sure to wish him a great day, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Fun! Happy Canada Day!

I think it is odd that people in Canada let the US monopolise the word 'America'? I know it's a word used both for a country (the US) and for two continents and I know there isn't really a good word for citizens of the US (like Canadian, Mexican, Brazilian, Peruvian, and for all the other American peoples) but still it is odd. Is there any discussion about the word 'American' is Canada?

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
ENJOY your holiday!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We already got ISIS threats to attack in Ottawa's celebration. What's wrong with people! Easier to get along than not.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
We already got ISIS threats to attack in Ottawa's celebration. What's wrong with people! Easier to get along than not.

this just made me tear up for a second!! so much desire in me to ' just get along' .. I wish you well

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Fun! Happy Canada Day!

I think it is odd that people in Canada let the US monopolise the word 'America'? I know it's a word used both for a country (the US) and for two continents and I know there isn't really a good word for citizens of the US (like Canadian, Mexican, Brazilian, Peruvian, and for all the other American peoples) but still it is odd. Is there any discussion about the word 'American' is Canada?

I have never heard anyone in Canada in my lifetime say something bad about Americans. Im in my 50s and worked in the education field for years and went to major universities and not once heard one bad thing. Governments is different as no matter where you live on the planet, we all have an issue with ours/others governments. The people (not the governments) on each side really get along and we like each other. Yes we have our little jokes/comments but its all for good fun. I know and have American friends and their great and use to go there often. When i was in elementary school, I recall Canada and America in our books you had North America (Canada), America (USA) and of course South America. The only issue I would have to say about the US is when you cross the border to enter US by car. You're not even at the line yet and you already feel like you done something wrong lollll....and NO one smiles. So each time I enter, i start talking to whoever sits there. Example Hi how are you? Oh you're italian? Then I get a smile. Border security has to be on their toes 200% but smile! All this to say....we like our neighbours!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Funny

He forgot to mention,
8 months of WINTER, yes, 8 MONTHS!
And the only Canadian Beer worth a crap is made by Unibroue...La Fin Du Monde...and it's awesome!

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Wishing you a very happy Canada day and weekend :) cheers [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] :beer::cheers::buddies2::flag10:

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Funny

He forgot to mention,
8 months of WINTER, yes, 8 MONTHS!
And the only Canadian Beer worth a crap is made by Unibroue...La Fin Du Monde...and it's awesome!

Guess you like the strong beers! Im from Quebec and your La Fin Du Monde is extremely strong! :w00t: I would have to say Quebec has the best beer anywhere in Canada. And.....noooooo not all provinces have 8 months of winter. I would say thats in the far east side of Canada the Maritimes especially Newfoundland. Burrrrrrrrr.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I have never heard anyone in Canada in my lifetime say something bad about Americans. Im in my 50s and worked in the education field for years and went to major universities and not once heard one bad thing. Governments is different as no matter where you live on the planet, we all have an issue with ours/others governments. The people (not the governments) on each side really get along and we like each other. Yes we have our little jokes/comments but its all for good fun. I know and have American friends and their great and use to go there often. When i was in elementary school, I recall Canada and America in our books you had North America (Canada), America (USA) and of course South America. The only issue I would have to say about the US is when you cross the border to enter US by car. You're not even at the line yet and you already feel like you done something wrong lollll....and NO one smiles. So each time I enter, i start talking to whoever sits there. Example Hi how are you? Oh you're italian? Then I get a smile. Border security has to be on their toes 200% but smile! All this to say....we like our neighbours!

Oh, sorry, I didn't phrase that very well - I didn't mean at all that Canadians had problem with US people but rather that it is surprising that one country uses the continent's (or continents', rather) name for their own nation. I mean, per definition, Mexicans are Americans, as are Peruvians and Canadians and 'Copa América' is the South American fotball championship (with invited North-American teams) in Spanish, for instance.

I know 'American' in English is generally used in the sense of 'from / of the USA' but the Canada vs America film highlighted the use of that word. My husband was born in South America so I have learned that in som parts of the Americas, 'American' or 'americano' is not at all limited to one country but used to denote people and things from two whole continents :)

Happy Canada day!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Guess you like the strong beers! Im from Quebec and your La Fin Du Monde is extremely strong! :w00t:
Well, as a matter of fact, I do!

Happy Canada Day, BTW!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Fun! Happy Canada Day!

No not that i am aware of .

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.