EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Another local PitBull attack...

IMO this is an aggressive dog issue NOT a Pitbull issue, but the media LOVES to stir the pot when it comes to the breed. I know people who own Pitbulls and American Bulldogs and they honestly can NOT handle their dogs. If you decide to own these breeds you need to be able to control them and work w/them on a regular basis NOT just puppy kindergarten. I would honestly LOVE to have a German Shepard, but I don't have the time to dedicate to the breed at this time in my life. Bulldogs don't have a huge exercise need and that works for my family at the moment. Most people are selfish and don't take the time to research before they bring a dog home...

My dog trainer has told me that once a dog bites it's extremely hard to rehabilitate... REGARDLESS of the breed. She refuses to re-home any dog that can not be around children because her opinion is that you can NEVER say that your dog will never be around a child. My cousin had 2 great danes take down and kill one of his horses and the dogs were put down.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Montreal pit bull ban: registration deadline is Friday - Montreal | Globalnews.ca
    Read link first then you'll get it.

As most knows Nyala has 2 pits cousins. They are absolutely friendly n not one bad bone in them. Im from Montreal and we are having a issue and this idiot Mayor that just forced pit bull owners to register them all which is OK on that part but....if you dont city has the right to euthanizing your dog!?!?!? Vets all came together n the spca that not one of them will euthanize any pit bull. Like this story, lady got attack by a pitbull and die. Yes 200% it's sad but it's not the dog the problem its whos on the other end of the leash. It's not just pit bulls, you cant pin point one race. 2 labs here in Alberta attack a woman. Labs!!!! I myself had to make the biggest decision in my life when it came time to put down my GS because he was getting more n more dangerous. Like Christine said, the little ones are the worst. They are usually the ones that starts. Pit bulls do have a bad rap because of idiot owners using them to fight and next thing you know it becomes a chain reaction and copy cat issue.

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

As is often the case, humans have screwed things up. Breeding for aggression, prey-drive, size, strength and any other attribute that is fighting ring-worthy has really messed this dog up. Pits can be as gentle as any other breed but in the wrong environment and under the control/direction of unscrupulous owners and breeders they can be killers. The dog is so powerful, quick and agile that when provoked it becomes a meat and bone shredder. Too many times when that kill switch is flipped on it cannot be turned off. I simply HATE what the dog-fighting people have done to this breed.
    My firm was fortunate enough to supply the interior trim and finish work for a prominent NFL football star. I enjoyed telling people about that job and how nice the home was and a lot of particulars about the project. Now I rarely speak of it. It was Mike Vick's house. Embarassing...disappointing, infuriating, sad.
    Not just anyone can own one. These dogs need to be treated like a 1000HP sports car...taken for granted they can get away from one and cause catastrophic damage.

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

5. Likes ddnene, 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

On a more humorous note, crows in downtown Vancouver are dive bombing passersby every spring. They are highly intelligent and recognize faces, so will remember if you throw something at them or if your dog attacks their young ones.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ne...ncouver-/82891

7. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    On a more humorous note, crows in downtown Vancouver are dive bombing passersby every spring. They are highly intelligent and recognize faces, so will remember if you throw something at them or if your dog attacks their young ones.

Yeah I saw that earlier on tv. It was kinda funny. Mind you not as much if they claw you

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post

I love crows... this is kinda cool

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads