***Sigh*** Trying to count my blessings...

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
My son sits and barks...He was in at Stat Care today with a bad case of bronchitis. We have to go back to our own doctor at the end of the week to make sure it's clearing up verses turning into pneumonia.

Kids get sick...I know. He's not "SICK SICK" like the girl that's 14 we're praying for who has un-operable brain cancer. I'm blessed. I just have one sad lil' boy here. For tomorrow night at youth is NERF WARS! He's invited four of his "best buds" to join in the fun. And...the husband may just have to take them and leave my son home with me. Which makes for a sad lil' boy. He feels miserable...you can tell it. Even the nurse at Stat Care said she could just give him a big ol' hug just looking at him made you feel bad for him.

But again...He's not "SICK SICK". So I'm blessed and so is he...This too will pass, in time. Just maybe not soon enough to make him happy. I just hate hearing him coughing so hard it sounds like a bark. :(

Deciding to wait to call his buddies until tomorrow. He still can get in possibly three doses of antibiotics yet. Not sure how soon they typically kick in. The doctor actually said it was a "Bad idea" to allow him to go. :whistle: But if he's not feverish...then unless children drink after him. He's not contagious is what the nurse told me.

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=1871]Miss Molly[/MENTION] Thanks Shelly...I tried to tell him we can rent out the lake community building for his birthday and do a Nerf War party. He cried and said it won't be the same...possibly not...BUT...it's better than nothing.

He just sounds horrible...I cringe when I hear him cough. I am trying to think of something to pull him out of the dumps. Focusing on our blessings. But as a 10 yr. old with crud who's friends will still be going. Not so easily to be re focused on blessings at the moment.

DeeDee

Feb 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Busters
awww -- the poor guy. I hope he gets better, but at least you know that even if he is really disappointed, it won't last long -- especially when you throw him his own nerf party! It's hard to see kids go through disappointments! I have nephews and I am such a sucker!

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Thanks Dee...hubby said even if it sets him back. He's going. All his friends are expecting him...he just needs to EAT! Refusing to eat basically for three days isn't a way to build up his strength. SIGH...

DeeDee

Feb 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Busters
Well I guess you could look at it this way: he isn't contagious and going isn't probably going to make him any worse. Sounds like it might be an active kind of thing though ---- which just means that he might not be able to have much fun! If he is really sick and not eating he probably won't be able to really participate much. He won't feel good! Poor guy --- but he can see his friends and maybe you could make sure he has a cell phone or access to a phone and if he feels poorly he can call you to pick him up. Sometimes mom's do know best but if your hubby thinks he should go, then he could be the one to go pick him up when he phones:)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I think you're just going to have to play the waiting game and see how he is tomorrow. Maybe the antibiotics will have kicked in enough that he'll be up to going. I'd just go by my instincts ... Mum knows best!!!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Poor baby:( It is so hard to see them feeling sick and down. And I agree, hearing them cough like that is so hard because all you wanna do is to make it better. I hope he gets to go to his party, but if you feel he isnt doing better then it would be safer to keep him home. I love the idea for his birthday party!

L

Lucy-licious

running around with Bronchitis will not be easy for your little man.
I personally would opt not to let him go and instead pick his fave movie and treats and snuggle up together in your jammies
i know he feels the nerf-war party wont be the same but Connor had his friends over for his 12th bday last wk and he was stoked
and I quote "best day ever mum" and all he did was run around the fields and river hiding and shooting eachother with those silly darts
your son will have a fun party guaranteed :)

for now keep him warm hydrated and safe nomatter how bad a mum he thinks you are....you know best :)

Last edited:
OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
I was out voted on this matter...my husband called the people throwing the party. Both...him and his wife said to bring Cole. That this is just going around school...and he won't be the "only" child coughing..."He's on antibiotics so it's okay"...

So my husband TELLS my son this...and he's excited... I am still upset over being out manuvered...and we go. Come home with one miserable lil' boy who wished he had listened to his momma on this one. Fever is back...and cough that was getting better sounds like day one. :angry: So he's had a set back...since he was most likely going to head to school today. But with his fever back. Is tucked into bed...We'll read some Lemony Snicket later today... My husband...was like..."Well he went and had fun...so he's coughing he'll get better"...:angry:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I was out voted on this matter...my husband called the people throwing the party. Both...him and his wife said to bring Cole. That this is just going around school...and he won't be the "only" child coughing..."He's on antibiotics so it's okay"...

So my husband TELLS my son this...and he's excited... I am still upset over being out manuvered...and we go. Come home with one miserable lil' boy who wished he had listened to his momma on this one. Fever is back...and cough that was getting better sounds like day one. :angry: So he's had a set back...since he was most likely going to head to school today. But with his fever back. Is tucked into bed...We'll read some Lemony Snicket later today... My husband...was like..."Well he went and had fun...so he's coughing he'll get better"...:angry:

I'm convinced men just don't get it. Praying for him to get better fast after a good long day of rest! :hug:

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION]
I'm convinced men just don't get it. Praying for him to get better fast after a good long day of rest! :hug:

Those words should be cast in STONE somewhere... Thanks for your prayers...

L

Lucy-licious

That cos men have a "tough it out" attitude and "real men dont cry son" HA! Thats until they have a little sniffle!
We all know how bad Man flue is don't we girls :LMAO:

[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION] next time your hubbys feeling poorly I'd get him up and send him out playing with your son
C how he feels then :lol:

Lemony snickett great choice of book I hope your son feels better soon. :hug: for him and :hug: for you too its hard when our children are poorly xx

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Awe poor thing. At least he wont have any regrets for not going. SO not looking forward to grown kids and these decisions. Hope he feels better soon. :hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.