***Sigh*** Trying to count my blessings...

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
That cos men have a "tough it out" attitude and "real men dont cry son" HA! Thats until they have a little sniffle!
We all know how bad Man flue is don't we girls :LMAO:

@cadillactaste next time your hubbys feeling poorly I'd get him up and send him out playing with your son
C how he feels then :lol:

Lemony snickett great choice of book I hope your son feels better soon. :hug: for him and :hug: for you too its hard when our children are poorly xx

Well just a bit ago when I spoke to him he had the nerve to say..."Well maybe Cole learned his lesson and when he's sick he'll listen to you." :chapped:Are you KIDDING me! Seriously...Maybe if we put his name in the place of our son's...then I could agree with his comment.

Yeah...Maybe I'll have him running around next time he's sick...Oh wait when he's sick you can't pull him out of bed...not sure even if the house was on fire. :rolleyes: I hope he learned something from this...to listen to me...and not make me out to be a mean ol' grumpy mom who's over protective next time around.

We're HUGE fans of Lemony Snicket...we recently watched the movie again...after reading the first three books the movie was based on. My son said..."The movie was okay...but the books are MUCH better!"

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Awe poor thing. At least he wont have any regrets for not going. SO not looking forward to grown kids and these decisions. Hope he feels better soon. :hug:

Thanks...no he won't have any regrets for not going. And it was a blast...they had obstacles to crawl under...through...over...to shoot nerf bullets into a box. The team with the most bullets in the box won. That was just one of many games they played. So sometimes he was just waiting around until it was his turn. But still it was to much activity for a lil' boy just fighing off being ill for the past few days.

Yes...it's hard to be the tough parent when the opposite parent in the house doesn't agree...nor the parents throwing the party agree with the parent who feels he needs to go and enjoy himself. But I learned my lesson...this is the first time I've ever been put into this predicament...and trust me...NEVER AGAIN! Not when he comes home and immediately puts himself to bed...saying..."Mom I wish dad would have just listened to you...you were right. I'm miserable now"

DeeDee

Feb 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Busters
I doubt that he even had that much fun --- feeling terrible is not fun! MEN! They can be so frustrating! And who has to look after the sick little guy now??? I bet it's the mom!!!

DeeDee

Feb 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Busters
PS -- sorry to any men reading this! You aren't ALL frustrating!!

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
I know some men who make supper "Mr Moms"...But yeah mommy has been taking care of him. I wouldn't trust anyone else. I'm to much of a control freak. I keep a journal of when he takes what medication...so I know exactly when he can have his next dose.

My husband doesn't understand...that you CAN'T give cough medication to a child...if there hasn't been enough time pass for a second dose. "Well just give him another brand of cough medicine"...Um-mmm no...Mom would never let anyone give her babies medicine in this house.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Aw, sorry to hear he's feeling so crummy! At least he did admit you were right and his Dad should have listened to you. So hopefully in years to come, he'll remember all this, maybe when his little one is sick. I feel for you, believe me! My youngest son had Reactive Airway Disease when he was a little kid. He outgrew it around age 14. Everytime he got sick, it would make his throat close up. He always had that horrible croopy cough. It was horrible. We spent many nights at the ER getting a breathing treatment. Hope your little guy recovers soon! (He should still have the Nerf bday party).

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
@%1;

Thanks, we can only hope that something positive came from this experience. And...Nerf War Birthday party is SOOOO happening. :up: For their was an age limit for the youth group. And a few of Cole's friends had younger brothers who weren't able to come. So...I told them..."It's on in May for one at our home" But in reality I'll most likely rent the community building at the lake...and have it there. We can push the tables back and have a large room and get tons of cardboard boxes as they did for the past Nerf Wars...and have a grand ol' time.

DeeDee

Feb 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Busters
yes -- it would be so nice for him to get to have the nerf party and actually enjoy himself! The next time he is feeling sick you can remind him of this experience!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.