Mid-life crisis is approaching!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Good comment [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], remove those mirrors or get antique ones that are cloudy.
I don't remember who mentioned belly fat but sometime in my 50s it seemed like my butt moved into my belly. I didn't used to have that belly roll!

L

Lucy-licious

Lucky you [MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION] my butt moved down the back of my legs :(

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
This whole thread is too funny ...... :lol:

Isn't it strange [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] cos I LOVED with a big L- :heart: -V-E being 36. I think it's been my favorite age so far. The kids were growing up so I had a little more "me" time and I just felt great!!

Now I'm 46, and my body is starting to rebel a bit. I dyed my hair any kind of bright red shade I could find from the age of 18 and still do!!! So yes there are grey hairs, but that just means I dye it a couple of weeks earlier than I would have. Does anybody remember the craze for using henna??? I used to henna my hair ALL the time in my teens and early-20s!! Hours at home with the smelliest green gunge on your hair that was ever created ... aahhh those were the days!

Yes the wrinkles are appearing and maybe the face is looking a bit more "used" .... but that's why moisturiser was created! AND now it's even made with a hint of self-tanning in there so you can get to keep that slightly healthy glow even in the midst of the dismal Ohio winters!

I too [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] breast fed both kids, so things started to take a turn southwards in my 20s ... now in my 40s they still point that way and so I've got used to the direction they were heading a long time ago.

Keeping the weight off gets harder each year, and I will admit that does SUCK!! :eek:

On the PLUS side - I have Sirius Satellite radio in my car, and so get to tune into my favorite national British radio station - Radio One - every time I'm in the car - which is a lot. So I hear all the latest and newest hits - from electro, pop, rock, to dub-step. And in the summer I will open all my car windows and share Radio 1 with the rest of Ohio! :yes: :lol: I shall also continue to download that music and use it in all my studio and spinning classes - first making sure the bass is turned up high on the studio music system. Therefore, maintaining cool-ness with the 20-somethings in my class, and scaring the :poo: out of the country music - loving participants - who still come back so it can't be ALL that bad! :angel:

I also make it a personal goal to choose the heaviest weights to use in my class, and ensure that no matter who is in my classes that I also lift heavier than them. Even some of the men!! Then as a personal trainer, I have spent the last 4 years since moving here to earn a reputation as being one of the toughest personal trainers they have at the rec.

So yes I'm a red-headed, electro dub-step lovin', hard-*** 46 year old personal trainer ..... and proud of it!!! :up:

Gotta go now ........ seem to have mis-placed one of my comfy slippers.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.