Mid-life crisis is approaching!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Sounds good [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] but it has to be made with rice milk for me or I'll have to get a new yoga class! Another thing you youngins have to look forward to is farting all of the time. It happens sometime in the early 50's, kinda goes along with menopause. And of course we're supposed to eat a lot of fiber...maybe BEANO would help, I haven't tried it. Actually I've rather enjoyed being almost able to keep up with my husband.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Mid Life Crisis? Nah!!!!!!!!!!! NO PROBLEMO HERE!!! You HAVE to grow old; You don't have to grow up! :p

I'm 65 My kids are 31 & 37. I remarried 9 years ago and robbed the cradle. I am retired and spend most of my days with Princess Gracie. LIFE IS GOOD!! :p

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I'm 38 now..it all went down hill from 30...when I saw the first gray hair. I was a skinny minnie all my life and could eat whatever I wanted and not gain a pound... Now I can't even look in the mirror cause my little waist went from a muffin top to a 6 tiered wedding cake :*( My parents are both gone,no kids, all I do is work and clean...I need a strong alcoholic beverage...

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I have had gray hair since 18 so thats no big deal. The hardest is not being able to do things I used to, but that might be more due to the injury. I cant exercise because of it either, so here come the pounds. ick.

I did get remarried almost a year ago to a younger man (4 years :) He calls me beautiful everyday. Says Im his best friend. So it took me 40 years to find a good one. So I guess I dont worry about getting old that much, just worry about getting better :)

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
But I will agree with the alcohol rofl

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
i'm right there with you [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]! i turn 38 this August and a few weeks ago i had seriously forgot how old i was. my memory is shot among most everything else you mentioned. lol aches and pains in my knees and feet shockingly remind me that i am getting old. :down: it's harder to get in shape as my skin isn't as firm as it use to be. wish i had taken better care of my facial skin and used those tightening products. lol i will survive though...sometimes i have a moment or two by myself that i wish things were different but in all...i've enjoyed my life thus far. ;)

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
ahhhh aging...about the only thing i dont like about aging is the fact that your mind tells you you can but your body says you cant...doesnt mean i stop trying but fatigue is fatigue and can only go so far and do so much. As for looks well, being a man i guess im not as concerned about looks but i feel i look alot better now then when i was younger so go figure hehe

L

Lucy-licious

Why is it men do that? We turn into an "old bag" while they get distinguished...another thing men do better AGE! Grrrr

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well I am also 36 and in my mind I am still 21 but I am noticing signs of aging too. My hands, I did notice those the other day in a pic, looking older. :( I am outta shape and have been for years but in my head I swear I can still do gymnastics. haha Wouldn't it be great if my body knew that too?!?! I stopped coloring my hair after having Sierra cuz well I didn't have the time. Now I do see quite a few grays in there speckled throughout but oh well. Once it gets worse I may have to go back to color but for now it isn't unbearable. Oh dry feet too, I agree there and if I could stand to sleep with anything on my feet the aquaphor would be a great idea. I NEED a pedi but cant see throwing money away on that. One good thing tho and I know you must feel the same [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] having the kiddos makes and keeps you strong. It is funny to see my husband holding Sierra and say his back hurts (cuz he is using muscles he is not used to using) yet I can hold her all day long.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is so true. The nice thing IS that I don't have much time to think about it.... with the kids and dogs at least I am so busy I forget I am getting older MOST of the time. But I have my moments, that is for sure! Yes I still imagine myself looking 20 until I happen to spot myself in the mirror! Dang I should pass the mirror cleaning job off to my kids! :lol:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online