Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mid-life crisis is approaching!

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member kiss1069's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coda
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Mid-life crisis is approaching!

ahhhh aging...about the only thing i dont like about aging is the fact that your mind tells you you can but your body says you cant...doesnt mean i stop trying but fatigue is fatigue and can only go so far and do so much. As for looks well, being a man i guess im not as concerned about looks but i feel i look alot better now then when i was younger so go figure hehe

"So Let It Be Written"

Lucy-licious

Why is it men do that? We turn into an "old bag" while they get distinguished...another thing men do better AGE! Grrrr

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Well I am also 36 and in my mind I am still 21 but I am noticing signs of aging too. My hands, I did notice those the other day in a pic, looking older. I am outta shape and have been for years but in my head I swear I can still do gymnastics. haha Wouldn't it be great if my body knew that too?!?! I stopped coloring my hair after having Sierra cuz well I didn't have the time. Now I do see quite a few grays in there speckled throughout but oh well. Once it gets worse I may have to go back to color but for now it isn't unbearable. Oh dry feet too, I agree there and if I could stand to sleep with anything on my feet the aquaphor would be a great idea. I NEED a pedi but cant see throwing money away on that. One good thing tho and I know you must feel the same @desertskybulldogs having the kiddos makes and keeps you strong. It is funny to see my husband holding Sierra and say his back hurts (cuz he is using muscles he is not used to using) yet I can hold her all day long.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

That is so true. The nice thing IS that I don't have much time to think about it.... with the kids and dogs at least I am so busy I forget I am getting older MOST of the time. But I have my moments, that is for sure! Yes I still imagine myself looking 20 until I happen to spot myself in the mirror! Dang I should pass the mirror cleaning job off to my kids!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Remove ALL mirrors........

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Good comment @LariP, remove those mirrors or get antique ones that are cloudy.
    I don't remember who mentioned belly fat but sometime in my 50s it seemed like my butt moved into my belly. I didn't used to have that belly roll!

Lucy-licious

Lucky you @Alice Kable my butt moved down the back of my legs

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

This whole thread is too funny ......

Isn't it strange @desertskybulldogs cos I LOVED with a big L- -V-E being 36. I think it's been my favorite age so far. The kids were growing up so I had a little more "me" time and I just felt great!!

Now I'm 46, and my body is starting to rebel a bit. I dyed my hair any kind of bright red shade I could find from the age of 18 and still do!!! So yes there are grey hairs, but that just means I dye it a couple of weeks earlier than I would have. Does anybody remember the craze for using henna??? I used to henna my hair ALL the time in my teens and early-20s!! Hours at home with the smelliest green gunge on your hair that was ever created ... aahhh those were the days!

Yes the wrinkles are appearing and maybe the face is looking a bit more "used" .... but that's why moisturiser was created! AND now it's even made with a hint of self-tanning in there so you can get to keep that slightly healthy glow even in the midst of the dismal Ohio winters!

I too @KMARINO breast fed both kids, so things started to take a turn southwards in my 20s ... now in my 40s they still point that way and so I've got used to the direction they were heading a long time ago.

Keeping the weight off gets harder each year, and I will admit that does SUCK!!

On the PLUS side - I have Sirius Satellite radio in my car, and so get to tune into my favorite national British radio station - Radio One - every time I'm in the car - which is a lot. So I hear all the latest and newest hits - from electro, pop, rock, to dub-step. And in the summer I will open all my car windows and share Radio 1 with the rest of Ohio! I shall also continue to download that music and use it in all my studio and spinning classes - first making sure the bass is turned up high on the studio music system. Therefore, maintaining cool-ness with the 20-somethings in my class, and scaring the out of the country music - loving participants - who still come back so it can't be ALL that bad!

I also make it a personal goal to choose the heaviest weights to use in my class, and ensure that no matter who is in my classes that I also lift heavier than them. Even some of the men!! Then as a personal trainer, I have spent the last 4 years since moving here to earn a reputation as being one of the toughest personal trainers they have at the rec.

So yes I'm a red-headed, electro dub-step lovin', hard-*** 46 year old personal trainer ..... and proud of it!!!

Gotta go now ........ seem to have mis-placed one of my comfy slippers.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Hmmm..signs you want..ha? I have billboards!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads