Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am 36 years young.... but lately I am starting to realize that I am getting older.

Examples!

My hands look wrinkley!
My grandfather just passed away who was very dear to me.
My son is a half a foot taller than me and I am 5'8"
My FEET!!! They are always dry and calloused.... what is up with that?
I now have very distinguished crows feet.
My body shows the typical signs of baring 4 children
My favorite songs from growing up are becoming 'classics'
Dick Clark finally aged.
Favorite movies from when I grew up have terrible graphics

I feel like I am approaching a mid life crisis.... never felt this way before. Hitting me like a ton of bricks. Anyone else have 'signs' that are being shoved in your face that scream to you, "HEY DARLING! YOU ARE GETTING OLDER NOW!!!" :eek::yes::down::*(:crazy:

L

Lucy-licious

Wrinkly saggy elbows!! I mean what is that all about?

My son saying who's that old lady mum....it was an old friend from school who was actually a year younger than me :eek:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Me too! Although I've not had any children, I took up kickboxing in October and I was hurt in November. I'm still sitting on the sidelines with a braced up elbow and wrist and a pulled groin muscle. How long does it take to recover anyways? I've been doing PT for weeks and now they are going to do steroid shots! :eek:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Oh, yes! But at 68, almost 69 my "signs" are broadcast with a bullhorn! I hate mirrors and pictures are the worst--they don't lie.

Except for the 5 & 6 year old grandkids, ALL 9 other grandkids are taller than I (ages 10 to 17).

Menopause was a real trip, at least I had the help of my drug of choice, estrogen in prem-pro until a skull and crossbones appeared on the package.

Getting older is the pits but it beats the alternative!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
:(:*( Oh yes... The joys of getting older are:poo:. I have made Macy's more money that I can admit. My bathroom is full of Clarins, Murad, Clinique you name it ,I have it. I used to do joga and pilates and looked so good,but with working all day and living up north where is so cold for so long ,the last thing I wanna do is exercise. Everyday I say-"I am gonna do exercise today and no more donuts for me"- Then I go to the office ,have a couple of donuts,get home ,put on pajamas and thats about what i do everyday,with the exeption of playing with Mocha and cleaning- Wow, I sound very depressing!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
And, everytime I see the movie Knock up and the married lady says-I used to dance,all I want to do is dance..-it reminds me of me:*(

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
At 47
My body shows I had two children and a hysterectomy and now have the pleasure of going through menopause because they left one overy when I was 37.
my boobs shows that I breast fed both my boys, my youngest for 18 months :eek: My kids are now 26 and 23 so you can imagine what they look like now!! :ohmy:
crows feet around my eyes
Always wore a size 2-4, now wearing a 6 because I have a gut
Love what you said about movies and music, both are classics to me, and my youngest son ask me who Fleetwood Mac was :eek:
I have extra skin that hangs from my upper arms, another 5 years and I think I will be able to cliff dive without a shoot!!
I have psoriasis, and I have white patches on my head, hands, knees, elbow...I thought only REALLY old people got this!!
I have more gray than brown hair (although that is why god invented hair color, so know one would know!!)

And with all this..... I got married a year ago to a man 7 years younger than me and thinks and tells me I am the hottest women he ever seen and loves me more than life :luv:

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], socks and Aquaphor for the feet!! I love that stuff, you know I wear gloves with aquaphor to bed and it is amazing how soft it makes my hands and helps with my psoriasis.

Last edited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
You gals are too funny. I'm approaching the big 3-0 this May. :down: to that! I'd like to celebrate, but don't really want to at the same time. :rolleyes:

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
I am 36 years young.... but lately I am starting to realize that I am getting older.

Examples!

My hands look wrinkley!
My grandfather just passed away who was very dear to me.
My son is a half a foot taller than me and I am 5'8"
My FEET!!! They are always dry and calloused.... what is up with that?
I now have very distinguished crows feet.
My body shows the typical signs of baring 4 children
My favorite songs from growing up are becoming 'classics'
Dick Clark finally aged.
Favorite movies from when I grew up have terrible graphics

I feel like I am approaching a mid life crisis.... never felt this way before. Hitting me like a ton of bricks. Anyone else have 'signs' that are being shoved in your face that scream to you, "HEY DARLING! YOU ARE GETTING OLDER NOW!!!" :eek::yes::down::*(:crazy:

I'll be the big 4-0 this year...and though I'm not the young 20 something with tight skin...I look at my crows feet that is beginning to show...and think of the wonderful years of memories that brought on the smiles that put them there...My 13 yr. old is taller than I am...and I'm 5'8" too. I do have a photo taken last summer where he's two steps below me when the picture was taken and a stone wall in front of us. So he makes me feel tall in the picture and I tease him that his younger brother is taller than he looks in that photo! :LMAO:

As for feet...go treat yourself to a pedicure...;) And as you sit and have them work on your feet. Remember the good places they've taken you...

Yeah...so much for me wanting to be "fit at forty" I'm struggling to just stay where I am with weight let alone FORGET about losing. :rolleyes: I'm trying to get myself focused there again. I may not be able to run without stopping fast and looking for a place to go potty. BUT...This body gave me two wonderful children. So it's allowed to not be perfect.

The only thing I really notice is...that the people I once thought old...are older than they once used to be. And the high school children...look like babies!

I would never want to turn back the clock and change anything...For the hard times is what has made me who and what I am today. And I'm happy with my life...and who I am. Crows feet and all. Just remember...when you look in the mirror just squint! Everything looks better when one squints it distorts everything so you don't look as old...so what if everything is less in focus. Just make sure not to do this often...for squinting might bring along those crows feet a bit more noticeable...and honestly those need to be placed on the face from laughing to much. Not squinting... ;)

L

Lucy-licious

[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] celebrate like there is no tomorrow, my 30's were my favourite years :)
So far my 40's are not prooving so but hopefully this year will be better.

And ladies despite what our bodies like to remind us of with the sags, bags, wrinkles, aches pains and dry patchy skin, and lets not forget the cellulite extra skin and grey hair.....And the face like a :bully:

Inside I am still only 18 years old and try to remember that daily by putting on my old classic 70/80's music and bouncing around the house like a loon while no-one is looking :LMAO:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Ok I am only 24 so I don't really feel like I have aged much obviously EXCEPT one thing, gray hairs! I mean seriously it is truly amazing how many gray hairs I have for a 24 year old! If you comb around thru my hair you will see alot, both of my parents went gray fairly early but my mom said she didn't start nearly this young. Anyone else experience grays this young? It makes me so sad! I don't (and have never) dyed my hair before so the grays shine right through!

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. I know how you feel, the only grandpa I was ever close to past away a couple years ago and it was so hard. I found comfort knowing he lived a wonderful, full life (he was 84 yrs old) and that he was deeply loved by all his friends and family but it's still tough. My heart goes out to you and your family!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Well I started feeling real old on 12/20/2006....from that point (hysterectomy) everything went down hill.
1Went from no meds to 5 daily meds,
2hair 100% gray and 100% dyed.
3I go to bed sometimes at 9pm,
4 I carry a tissue in my pocket,
5 I call it a tissue
6 I am beginning to look like my mother.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION], YOU SAID TISSUE'S-------TISSUE'S-----:LMAO:---------other than that I can relate!! Except worse, I have always looked like my dad, but now I am ACTING like the very person I hated growing up, (Loved him when I moved out at 18) :p

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=1648]Lucylambchop[/MENTION], Thanks for bringing up cellulite... I think Im gonna go have a few drinks now, with some crackers and pepperoni, and listen to some Bryan Adams-Summer of 69 all by myself as my 14 year old daughter asks me -who is that??:(

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack