We are getting hammered up here and they say snow flurries on top of all this , never seen this before

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Called my sister back home to check up on here and they were all evacuated by the army yesterday. She's staying with a friend around her area which is higher and safer. She's not too thrill.

Great to hear she is safe it is devastating there in parts of PQ

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Seems our flooding is getting worse the bonus is it has slowed with the rain as a matter of fact were getting snow ( shakes Head ) today . We just came back from a walk about of the 8 acres , a lot of tree,s down but no damage , the waterfront is app 20 ft under water not good , but as we have not built much down there no $$ so far , if we had put a dock in last year when we were clearing the lower lot it would be 2 too 3 ft under water right now .
We took the dogs with us and had a very slow wonderful walk with them all , we ended up carrying the pups after a short while as it was a first for them one of many , they fit right into our jacket and were very happy to be there lol . A wonderful adventure for them all sleeping now .

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Called my sister back home to check up on here and they were all evacuated by the army yesterday. She's staying with a friend around her area which is higher and safer. She's not too thrill.

Happy she is safe... hoping it recedes soon without damage

Seems our flooding is getting worse the bonus is it has slowed with the rain as a matter of fact were getting snow ( shakes Head ) today . We just came back from a walk about of the 8 acres , a lot of tree,s down but no damage , the waterfront is app 20 ft under water not good , but as we have not built much down there no $$ so far , if we had put a dock in last year when we were clearing the lower lot it would be 2 too 3 ft under water right now .
We took the dogs with us and had a very slow wonderful walk with them all , we ended up carrying the pups after a short while as it was a first for them one of many , they fit right into our jacket and were very happy to be there lol . A wonderful adventure for them all sleeping now .

Happy all is good and no damage... hoping it stays that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Some nice stories, and some scary ones.... Everyone stay safe,,,, and my story is it's pouring even here in California. Was in shorts and flipflops last week, and have the heater on with pouring rain today... odd.

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
We have been notified that over nite the water will rise 1 foot more by the fire dept and Mayor,s office as they have too open up some damn,s due too the amount of water there holding back ( damn,s are in good shape )
This morning I awoke too a inch of snow now on the ground just to add more misery up here , most people would be very low or out of firewood by this time of year so we do not need this cold now !
We have lost one house reported locally due to the water shorting out there fuse box and starting a fire , the hole house was lost as it was tough to respond to the fire due to road flooding I guess .
We have a wonderful volunteer fire dept here which I am sure they are stretched beyond belief God bless these men and women .
Seems also the wildlife is being affected , Nelli spent here morning chasing away bad animals from around the house , so I am now on guard for those issues big time Odin is also very much involved in making sure I guess wolves and or coyotes keep there distance , I am not a hunter so limited on guns here . At one time I taught archery and rifle to boy scouts so I own target guns but not high caliber. I am more nervous about wildlife and my dogs then I am about getting flooded out to be honest .

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We have been notified that over nite the water will rise 1 foot more by the fire dept and Mayor,s office as they have too open up some damn,s due too the amount of water there holding back ( damn,s are in good shape )
This morning I awoke too a inch of snow now on the ground just to add more misery up here , most people would be very low or out of firewood by this time of year so we do not need this cold now !
We have lost one house reported locally due to the water shorting out there fuse box and starting a fire , the hole house was lost as it was tough to respond to the fire due to road flooding I guess .
We have a wonderful volunteer fire dept here which I am sure they are stretched beyond belief God bless these men and women .
Seems also the wildlife is being affected , Nelli spent here morning chasing away bad animals from around the house , so I am now on guard for those issues big time Odin is also very much involved in making sure I guess wolves and or coyotes keep there distance , I am not a hunter so limited on guns here . At one time I taught archery and rifle to boy scouts so I own target guns but not high caliber. I am more nervous about wildlife and my dogs then I am about getting flooded out to be honest .

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear all of this... is it going to stop anytime soon? The coyotes HERE were very active when it got super cold, we could hear them howling during the day which is extremely unusual...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=8958]natski282[/MENTION] sending prayers you all stay dry warm and safe

Keep us posted so we know you are OK

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
As you well know, coyotes are very fast and sneaky . Had some bad stories with them . Any chance to pack up and head to town for a pinch while this rolls over?

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear all of this... is it going to stop anytime soon? The coyotes HERE were very active when it got super cold, we could hear them howling during the day which is extremely unusual...

Rain wise it has gone to stop and start and more a misty rain / snow , cold out there , very little wind . it will take days to drain the lakes and behind the damns that is the scary part , Beavers are not able to keep up with the flow and there damn,s are breaking so all of a sudden there is this large rush of water we are starting to see that now . Worst I have ever seen , were good tho hanging in have lottsa food in freezers and heat works , lottsa firewood ( I never run out fussy about that ) and i have a bottle of scotch all I need is a Prettyone and itsa party lol

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
As you well know, coyotes are very fast and sneaky . Had some bad stories with them . Any chance to pack up and head to town for a pinch while this rolls over?

Naw bud were better off here they have enough issues in there , I can hear Nelli and Odin barking again as I write so they are doing there job , I can see Me now showing up with 6 dogs and a couple cats lol would be funny as Hell

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
@natski282 sending prayers you all stay dry warm and safe

Keep us posted so we know you are OK

Thanks Bud hanging in , Prettyone got off this morning back to the big city , I have checked our basement and still all dry , heat is on , lottsa firewood left , Odin and Nelli doing there job well with My back up and found a bottle of scotch so all good .
Rain has stopped but there is a lot of water still flowing around so just see what happens

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Okay, well take care. Today's a new day and hopefully will settle some down . Probably a bad time to say this but … I miss the Roughing It of life that I've lived most of my life . I'm glad my roof doesn't leak and all , but I still think of moving back to the hills . Anyway, take care keep in touch

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Rain wise it has gone to stop and start and more a misty rain / snow , cold out there , very little wind . it will take days to drain the lakes and behind the damns that is the scary part , Beavers are not able to keep up with the flow and there damn,s are breaking so all of a sudden there is this large rush of water we are starting to see that now . Worst I have ever seen , were good tho hanging in have lottsa food in freezers and heat works , lottsa firewood ( I never run out fussy about that ) and i have a bottle of scotch all I need is a Prettyone and itsa party lol

I always make sure to have plenty of wine... Lol

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Women after My own heart lol

We went to a wine festival a couple of weekends ago, and got 26 bottles of wine... I have to find a new wine display... Lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.