Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We are getting hammered up here and they say snow flurries on top of all this , never seen this before

Dog Hoarder Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: We are getting hammered up here and they say snow flurries on top of all this , never seen this before

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Checking in.... how you doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Still floating , Prettyone is up now , were ok so far and seeing the rain slow a bit Thank God
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: We are getting hammered up here and they say snow flurries on top of all this , never seen this before

Our weather has been all upside down this year too, but hope you stay safe

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by natski282 View Post
    Still floating , Prettyone is up now , were ok so far and seeing the rain slow a bit Thank God
    Called my sister back home to check up on here and they were all evacuated by the army yesterday. She's staying with a friend around her area which is higher and safer. She's not too thrill.

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Called my sister back home to check up on here and they were all evacuated by the army yesterday. She's staying with a friend around her area which is higher and safer. She's not too thrill.

Great to hear she is safe it is devastating there in parts of PQ

7. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Seems our flooding is getting worse the bonus is it has slowed with the rain as a matter of fact were getting snow ( shakes Head ) today . We just came back from a walk about of the 8 acres , a lot of tree,s down but no damage , the waterfront is app 20 ft under water not good , but as we have not built much down there no $$ so far , if we had put a dock in last year when we were clearing the lower lot it would be 2 too 3 ft under water right now .
    We took the dogs with us and had a very slow wonderful walk with them all , we ended up carrying the pups after a short while as it was a first for them one of many , they fit right into our jacket and were very happy to be there lol . A wonderful adventure for them all sleeping now .

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Happy she is safe... hoping it recedes soon without damage

Seems our flooding is getting worse the bonus is it has slowed with the rain as a matter of fact were getting snow ( shakes Head ) today . We just came back from a walk about of the 8 acres , a lot of tree,s down but no damage , the waterfront is app 20 ft under water not good , but as we have not built much down there no $$ so far , if we had put a dock in last year when we were clearing the lower lot it would be 2 too 3 ft under water right now .
    We took the dogs with us and had a very slow wonderful walk with them all , we ended up carrying the pups after a short while as it was a first for them one of many , they fit right into our jacket and were very happy to be there lol . A wonderful adventure for them all sleeping now .
    Happy all is good and no damage... hoping it stays that way

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

10. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Some nice stories, and some scary ones.... Everyone stay safe,,,, and my story is it's pouring even here in California. Was in shorts and flipflops last week, and have the heater on with pouring rain today... odd.

12. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

We have been notified that over nite the water will rise 1 foot more by the fire dept and Mayor,s office as they have too open up some damn,s due too the amount of water there holding back ( damn,s are in good shape )
    This morning I awoke too a inch of snow now on the ground just to add more misery up here , most people would be very low or out of firewood by this time of year so we do not need this cold now !
    We have lost one house reported locally due to the water shorting out there fuse box and starting a fire , the hole house was lost as it was tough to respond to the fire due to road flooding I guess .
    We have a wonderful volunteer fire dept here which I am sure they are stretched beyond belief God bless these men and women .
    Seems also the wildlife is being affected , Nelli spent here morning chasing away bad animals from around the house , so I am now on guard for those issues big time Odin is also very much involved in making sure I guess wolves and or coyotes keep there distance , I am not a hunter so limited on guns here . At one time I taught archery and rifle to boy scouts so I own target guns but not high caliber. I am more nervous about wildlife and my dogs then I am about getting flooded out to be honest .

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

We have been notified that over nite the water will rise 1 foot more by the fire dept and Mayor,s office as they have too open up some damn,s due too the amount of water there holding back ( damn,s are in good shape )
    This morning I awoke too a inch of snow now on the ground just to add more misery up here , most people would be very low or out of firewood by this time of year so we do not need this cold now !
    We have lost one house reported locally due to the water shorting out there fuse box and starting a fire , the hole house was lost as it was tough to respond to the fire due to road flooding I guess .
    We have a wonderful volunteer fire dept here which I am sure they are stretched beyond belief God bless these men and women .
    Seems also the wildlife is being affected , Nelli spent here morning chasing away bad animals from around the house , so I am now on guard for those issues big time Odin is also very much involved in making sure I guess wolves and or coyotes keep there distance , I am not a hunter so limited on guns here . At one time I taught archery and rifle to boy scouts so I own target guns but not high caliber. I am more nervous about wildlife and my dogs then I am about getting flooded out to be honest .
    Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear all of this... is it going to stop anytime soon? The coyotes HERE were very active when it got super cold, we could hear them howling during the day which is extremely unusual...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@natski282 sending prayers you all stay dry warm and safe

Keep us posted so we know you are OK

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

As you well know, coyotes are very fast and sneaky . Had some bad stories with them . Any chance to pack up and head to town for a pinch while this rolls over?

Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear all of this... is it going to stop anytime soon? The coyotes HERE were very active when it got super cold, we could hear them howling during the day which is extremely unusual...
    Rain wise it has gone to stop and start and more a misty rain / snow , cold out there , very little wind . it will take days to drain the lakes and behind the damns that is the scary part , Beavers are not able to keep up with the flow and there damn,s are breaking so all of a sudden there is this large rush of water we are starting to see that now . Worst I have ever seen , were good tho hanging in have lottsa food in freezers and heat works , lottsa firewood ( I never run out fussy about that ) and i have a bottle of scotch all I need is a Prettyone and itsa party lol

18. Likes ddnene liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads