Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
That was a good read [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] but I can not afford to eat right. All the healthy stuff is expensive. I do have probiotic and healthy things for my dogs, though! After that, I have to just get what I can afford. It's a shame that "junk" is cheaper than Good things!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
thanks :) and it is such a cool shot ;) it almost looks like his vest (flight suit..ha) sais HUNK not Hank... lol
Btw, love that photo. He looks lime a little stud. Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
thank you for this :up:

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
That was a good read [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] but I can not afford to eat right. All the healthy stuff is expensive. I do have probiotic and healthy things for my dogs, though! After that, I have to just get what I can afford. It's a shame that "junk" is cheaper than Good things!

It's so true junk is cheaper than healthy food. That's how our planet is screwed up. Just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I have a friend she makes her own sauerkraut. Cabbage is a cheap veggie. She has this barrel, puts full round cabbages in the barrel, salt etc and lets it sit there. I always get a jug of that juice once its fermented. I drink 1/2 cup a day. Then you can cut up the cabbage you want n put the rest back in the barrel.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I hear its just that easy! I know I should just make it, but as of right now, Costco is still carrying that organic fermented one, so i'll still probably wait. wish i'd just do it though!!!!
It's so true junk is cheaper than healthy food. That's how our planet is screwed up. Just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I have a friend she makes her own sauerkraut. Cabbage is a cheap veggie. She has this barrel, puts full round cabbages in the barrel, salt etc and lets it sit there. I always get a jug of that juice once its fermented. I drink 1/2 cup a day. Then you can cut up the cabbage you want n put the rest back in the barrel.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
They forgot about water kefir in that article. It's like milk kefir but you use sugar and water and molasses instead of milk,. It's better for lactose intolerance, but not quite as healthy as milk kefir since it's a different mix of yeast and bacteria than milk kefir. You can't put milk ( or coconut milk ) in with water kefir grains or put water and sugar ( or coconut water ) in with milk kefir grains.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I consider myself a pretty good eater as far as staying healthy... but I decided to add a probiotic daily. Last night I woke up having some stomach pains, and I'm not sure if it was gas or what. I drank some baking soda w/water, and after awhile I felt much better... is it normal to have stomach pains from getting used to a probiotic? Ugh...

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I consider myself a pretty good eater as far as staying healthy... but I decided to add a probiotic daily. Last night I woke up having some stomach pains, and I'm not sure if it was gas or what. I drank some baking soda w/water, and after awhile I felt much better... is it normal to have stomach pains from getting used to a probiotic? Ugh...

Yes it is especially if you never had any. But when you say you added a probiotic everyday, is it food form or capsule form? If it's capsules start every 2nd day then gradually everyday. Also what did you eat?

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Yes it is especially if you never had any. But when you say you added a probiotic everyday, is it food form or capsule form? If it's capsules start every 2nd day then gradually everyday. Also what did you eat?

It's a capsule, and I've been taking it for about 2 weeks now.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It's a capsule, and I've been taking it for about 2 weeks now.

Hmmmm after 2 weeks that shouldn't happen. Try taking them every 2 days like mentioned. What did you eat the past couple days before the pain?

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hmmmm after 2 weeks that shouldn't happen. Try taking them every 2 days like mentioned. What did you eat the past couple days before the pain?

I had sushi and hibachi from a Japanese restaurant. Nothing else was out of the ordinary for me... wheat toast w/peanut butter for breakfast, I don't even think I ate lunch on the one day.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I had sushi and hibachi from a Japanese restaurant. Nothing else was out of the ordinary for me... wheat toast w/peanut butter for breakfast, I don't even think I ate lunch on the one day.

Did you get any more symptoms as of today? Is so take every 2 days so your system gets use to live strains. Being in the food industry I personally do not touch raw sushi anymore. But that's me. I use to eat it n loved it. Like whole wheat or whole grains...I recall when i was a tiny kiddie our wheat in the feilds was like 4ft high. Today they're 1-2 feet. It's all genetically modified for droughts, diseased, bugs etc. My grandmother when she made bread sure didn't look like what it does today. So I try to stY away from wheat, ant thing that has startch or fake sugar etc. Ok ok im getting off the subject. :unsure: A good book people should read is Wheat Belly by Dr William Davis. I have never thought of wheat like so..... Ok im stopping lollll

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.