Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone given up Cable or Satellite TV?

"Hit me baby one more time!" 4WHLN's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Has anyone given up Cable or Satellite TV?

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    WOW I'm really behind the times... we do have AT&T fiber now, I'm curious how much I would save. How long has this been available?
    Its not hard to fall behind, trust me. New devices are coming out every month it seams that are making it more and more easy to ditch cable. DirectTV Now came out first week of December last year and still in its infancy stage. Like I said above, I'm locked in at $35 a month for 100 channels. That promo is no longer offered tho. You can sign up for free trials of all these different streaming services if you want to see what they have to offer. From there you can calculat how much of a savings you will have based on the "packages" they offer. To some its a huge adjustment and to others its none at all. Just depends on your individual viewing habits and what shows you watch and when.

2. Likes ddnene, Chunky White liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 4WHLN View Post
    Its not hard to fall behind, trust me. New devices are coming out every month it seams that are making it more and more easy to ditch cable. DirectTV Now came out first week of December last year and still in its infancy stage. Like I said above, I'm locked in at $35 a month for 100 channels. That promo is no longer offered tho. You can sign up for free trials of all these different streaming services if you want to see what they have to offer. From there you can calculat how much of a savings you will have based on the "packages" they offer. To some its a huge adjustment and to others its none at all. Just depends on your individual viewing habits and what shows you watch and when.
    Thank you SO much for the info... I'm going to look into it and see if we can save some cash!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

4. Likes Chunky White liked this post
    Bully Bootie Duty betterxthanxnew's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tasha Penwell
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Effie & Josie
    Likes (Received)

I've been thinking about doing this...I mostly use my Netflix & Hulu subscriptions. The only thing I use actual cable for is The Walking Dead on Sunday nights. UGH I don't think there is any way around that....unless I wait for the whole season to end & then watch it once it moves over to Netflix. I couldn't POSSIBLY wait that long though!!!
    "Be the person your dog thinks you are"

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Wes...Let me know how it goes please. I have really been considering getting rid of cable and all the gouging by the carriers. Almost souns like an Earl Scheib commercial..."We'll hook you up for $79.95."

Roku say 'Don't fight girl in strawberry patch or you will have a$$ in one big jam. Ro....Nagasaki.

Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Wes...Let me know how it goes please. I have really been considering getting rid of cable and all the gouging by the carriers. Almost souns like an Earl Scheib commercial..."We'll hook you up for $79.95."

Roku say 'Don't fight girl in strawberry patch or you will have a$$ in one big jam. Ro....Nagasaki.

So far its been good and I am paying $44 for tv service and should be around $60 for internet service. My cable bill came from last month but was pro-rated charging me for cable and equipment for part of the month. I will know what it will really be next month. I just received an email last week from the cable provider offering me tv, internet, and phone for 29 each but I know I would have to pay for cable boxes at $9.99 a piece plus taxes and would be back to $120+ per month.

I am sure people are getting the same or better than I am for cheaper but I really haven't put the time to research for cheaper services. Most the guys I have talked to at work have Amazon Firesticks which have been jailbroken and are supposedly watching any tv they want for free. I don't feel like getting caught doing that so I will just keep paying.

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

8. Likes rjisaterp liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads