Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone given up Cable or Satellite TV?

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Has anyone given up Cable or Satellite TV?

I did years ago got too expensive and the same movies over and over just watch free to air but I suppose this is irrelevant as I'm not in the USA

2. Likes Chunky White, Texas Carol liked this post
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Free tv and most of the big channels using Roku, smart tv or mobile devices

https://watch.ustvnow.com/subscripti.../free-channels

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

4. Likes ddnene, Texas Carol liked this post
    "Hit me baby one more time!" 4WHLN's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
    Likes (Received)

I cut the cord a while back and I am saving myself a little over $100 a month. The best part is I have given up almost NOTHING when it comes to shows I watch....

Im using an Apple TV Gen 4 (new one) with Tablo and Direct TV Now. I also have a Firestick for Prime and Kodi. The Tablo is an OTA HD receiver/dvr for locals and everything else comes from the DTV Now. Like I stated above, I haven't really given up anything from my "normal viewing" since cutting my $250 cable/internet several months ago. My bill now is $75 for internet and $35 for DTV Now.

6. Likes 2BullyMama, Chunky White, Texas Carol liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

We haven't had cable in years. We own or have owned every tech-tv-internet gadget. Right now we have a Chrome Box hooked up to our main tv and use it to stream tv, movies, sports (you can get most things for free if they aren't televised in your area) and browse the web. We also really love the Amazon FireStick and we have that hooked up to the bedroom tv. It will play Netflix, Amazon Video, cast video from your phones, etc. We also have an HD antenna for our main tv that allows us to watch cable channels, sports, and whatever is local. It was pretty cheap on Amazon. Cable is a rip off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes 2BullyMama, Chunky White, ddnene liked this post
    Dog Hoarder Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

We have very few choices here , everything is on Satellite and costly. I have recently got rid of My land phone line and now only use a cell phone for everything phone wise No Data and Canada wide coverage no long distance which also cuts off the out of Canada scam callers from the US and others love it .
    As I am on satellite everything else ( which barley runs Netflix ) like My dog food bill it is a scary cost to be online , Canada needs more competition in the field BAD .
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

10. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

giving Apple TV a go before we completely give up on cable…it's a possibility! What a rip off!!

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

12. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglandBully View Post
    giving Apple TV a go before we completely give up on cable…it's a possibility! What a rip off!!
    I am still using Roku and one smart tv without Roku to watch tv and other than not having local stations which I only watched when I bad storm was coming in I dont regret it. I am using Netflix, Playstation Vue and ustvnow to get channels. I am an amazon prime member so I have Amazon Video also but have yet to watch one show on it. I can watch regular scheduled shows on time with the ustvnow app

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

14. Likes Texas Carol, NewEnglandBully liked this post
    Doggie Boutique Owner MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

I love my tv for football . Sometimes , I will watch Dancing With The Stars depends who is on it. I followed Nyle and Peta last year . Incredible!

Other than that , not much of a tv person. I mostly listen to my radio or YouTube . I love music not picky in taste.

I recently, bought a new tv and scratch my head how to operate it lol maybe, I can listen to music from the tv lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
    Likes (Received)

Okay...I'm with y'all.

Got a notice that my cable company is taking off another TWO channels from preferred lineup,
    Chiller & Esquire, I watch both for an occasional movie. We had Time Warner cable but is now
    Spectrum, losing channels & price increases for 4 months of transition. I had already dropped
    off my premium channels last year to bring my bill down to $125 (Internet & Preferred Tier) to
    watch the maybe 10-12 consistent channels I watch. It's beyond ridiculous, it's thievery!

I'm done, so this is a timely thread and I will read what is working best for y'all & decide on my
    options. Thanks for y'all's advice, XOXOXO

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

17. Likes 2BullyMama, ddnene liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 4WHLN View Post
    I cut the cord a while back and I am saving myself a little over $100 a month. The best part is I have given up almost NOTHING when it comes to shows I watch....

Im using an Apple TV Gen 4 (new one) with Tablo and Direct TV Now. I also have a Firestick for Prime and Kodi. The Tablo is an OTA HD receiver/dvr for locals and everything else comes from the DTV Now. Like I stated above, I haven't really given up anything from my "normal viewing" since cutting my $250 cable/internet several months ago. My bill now is $75 for internet and $35 for DTV Now.
    What is Direc TV now... is that a part of Direc TV? I seriously need cliff notes on all of this stuff... Lol

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

"Hit me baby one more time!" 4WHLN's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    What is Direc TV now... is that a part of Direc TV?
    Direct TV Now is Direct TV's (now owned by AT&T) answer to streaming service. Its very similar to PlayStation Vue without some of the advances like DVR and 72 hour rewind, tho this is coming sometime later this year. To me they have the best channel lineup for the money so its a no brainer. I am however grandfathered in to the introductory price since I signed up the first week of service.

If you are interested in cutting the cord or already have, DTVN is a solid option due to them being owned by AT&T. IF you have AT&T internet in your area, your streaming will not count towards your data limits as of now. BUT, there is no way of knowing how long this will continue.

20. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 4WHLN View Post
    Direct TV Now is Direct TV's (now owned by AT&T) answer to streaming service. Its very similar to PlayStation Vue without some of the advances like DVR and 72 hour rewind, tho this is coming sometime later this year. To me they have the best channel lineup for the money so its a no brainer. I am however grandfathered in to the introductory price since I signed up the first week of service.

If you are interested in cutting the cord or already have, DTVN is a solid option due to them being owned by AT&T. IF you have AT&T internet in your area, your streaming will not count towards your data limits as of now. BUT, there is no way of knowing how long this will continue.
    WOW I'm really behind the times... we do have AT&T fiber now, I'm curious how much I would save. How long has this been available?

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads