Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I'm sorry but I just see this as sad what this world has come to.

So much for the free world.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Uh well I'm one woman that doesn't agree... #notmymarch

Personally I think that march was about Trump becoming the president, and Hillary not... and I honestly don't understand it. We had an election, and yeah some people don't like him, and again some people can't stand Hilary. Bottom line is... get out and VOTE!!

Also what women's rights have been taken away since he's become president?!! The way that I personally see it women & the LGBT community here in the US have it a HELL of a lot better than other countries in the world. How about going to Afghanistan/Iraq or over in India?!! Why wasn't the march about them and the countries where atrocities occur daily against women/young girls/LGBT?!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Personally I think that march was about Trump becoming the president, and Hillary not... and I honestly don't understand it. We had an election, and yeah some people don't like him, and again some people can't stand Hilary. Bottom line is... get out and VOTE!!

Also what women's rights have been taken away since he's become president?!! The way that I personally see it women & the LGBT community here in the US have it a HELL of a lot better than other countries in the world. How about going to Afghanistan/Iraq or over in India?!! Why wasn't the march about them and the countries where atrocities occur daily against women/young girls/LGBT?!!

BINGO!!

- - - Updated - - -

BINGO!!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse

Totally agree, so many saying they don't like Trump but so many too lazy to go and vote he is in live with it and make the most of it.
We have idiots that run our country as I'm sure you all see in the news we vote someone in then they the political party just chuck them out and put who they want in WTF and voting is compulsory here. But we don't have all these protests that you have over there my god it was going on when we were there in March and still nearly a year later.
People need to grow up and act like Adults not children. I for one don't believe protests for any reason but that's just me.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I have no problem with groups of any people marching for whatever they think is important to them. I may not agree with what they are protesting/marching but it's their right and more power to them. I do have a problem with this sort of stuff...

simply shameful...

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
There is a big difference in a protest or march and rioting.

I don't really want to share my opinion but I am happy with who won versus the runner up. We need better candidates than what we had this election and the past few. I just hope something positive comes out of this election and the ones that will follow it

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I didn't see this as a Hillary Clinton march. I believe in people's right to march but yes so true the rioting any city can do without. March's is just another way of raising your voice for others "sees, listens n reflects" if no one stands up for what "they" believe in, then you will never have a say or be heard and you become like little puppets that someone's holding your strings and controls you. A lot of little puppets on this planet. Boils down, the head of the countries were voted in by the people. Like ours, young, good looking, nice hair but does jack crap. Took our money, raised taxes even higher to "give" to other countries so he looks good outside of Canada while tons of Canadians are scrambling for jobs. Wonder if there's a thing as a perfect government. Wishful thinking!

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Without getting into any of the political aspects of the march, what upset me was the language or gross signs that some of the women were carrying or being dressed up as a vagina, REALLY? It just made them look silly. They went for the shock value which, in my mind anyway, does absolutely nothing for their cause. I also saw pictures of women with their young children and those kids were carrying signs with the foulest language or images. What a dreadful example to set. It doesn't matter if the kids were too young to understand, the point is they did it. What wonderful parenting.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini

you are right, [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] They also had the freedom to clean up their own MESS,but I guess that would be "degrading".

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm not looking to debate politics with anyone (I have enough of that at work and home!) but for any naysayers about Saturdays march...I'm just going to leave this here.

https://medium.com/esme-com-resourc...eed-the-women-s-march-beb4948e1e4b#.hi5zszf4r

I marched on Saturday, I met Margaret Atwood, it was a pretty incredible experience. I also took my sign home with me :yes:

I don't have an issue w/women marching... march away BUT don't assume that ALL women agree, and at least clean up the carnage.

I read your attached article... and all I can say is WOW! Lots of assumptions made by the author, who seems to know everyone's "story". This woman has NO clue how I was raised or what my journey has been about... once again NOT speaking for me.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.