Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Canadian women's march in US

Without getting into any of the political aspects of the march, what upset me was the language or gross signs that some of the women were carrying or being dressed up as a vagina, REALLY? It just made them look silly. They went for the shock value which, in my mind anyway, does absolutely nothing for their cause. I also saw pictures of women with their young children and those kids were carrying signs with the foulest language or images. What a dreadful example to set. It doesn't matter if the kids were too young to understand, the point is they did it. What wonderful parenting.
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Uh well I'm one woman that doesn't agree... #notmymarch

Personally I think that march was about Trump becoming the president, and Hillary not... and I honestly don't understand it. We had an election, and yeah some people don't like him, and again some people can't stand Hilary. Bottom line is... get out and VOTE!!

Also what women's rights have been taken away since he's become president?!! The way that I personally see it women & the LGBT community here in the US have it a HELL of a lot better than other countries in the world. How about going to Afghanistan/Iraq or over in India?!! Why wasn't the march about them and the countries where atrocities occur daily against women/young girls/LGBT?!!
    you are right, @ddnene They also had the freedom to clean up their own MESS,but I guess that would be "degrading".
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

3. Likes 2BullyMama, ddnene, sisters3, Texas Carol liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by asherose View Post
    I'm not looking to debate politics with anyone (I have enough of that at work and home!) but for any naysayers about Saturdays march...I'm just going to leave this here.

https://medium.com/esme-com-resource...e4b#.hi5zszf4r

I marched on Saturday, I met Margaret Atwood, it was a pretty incredible experience. I also took my sign home with me
    I don't have an issue w/women marching... march away BUT don't assume that ALL women agree, and at least clean up the carnage.

I read your attached article... and all I can say is WOW! Lots of assumptions made by the author, who seems to know everyone's "story". This woman has NO clue how I was raised or what my journey has been about... once again NOT speaking for me.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Chumly View Post
    Without getting into any of the political aspects of the march, what upset me was the language or gross signs that some of the women were carrying or being dressed up as a vagina, REALLY? It just made them look silly. They went for the shock value which, in my mind anyway, does absolutely nothing for their cause. I also saw pictures of women with their young children and those kids were carrying signs with the foulest language or images. What a dreadful example to set. It doesn't matter if the kids were too young to understand, the point is they did it. What wonderful parenting.
    And I would also like to add that some of the celebrities and their "speeches"... especially Madonna. Nobody gives two HOOTS what you think, so keep your opinions to yourself.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Just a friendly reminder... share your thoughts and opinions, but if this turn dark/ugly -- i will remove the thread.

There is enough trash talk on Facebook... not going to allow it to intrude on helping and enjoying our bully babies.

Peace, love and Bulldogs!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Just a friendly reminder... share your thoughts and opinions, but if this turn dark/ugly -- i will remove the thread.

There is enough trash talk on Facebook... not going to allow it to intrude on helping and enjoying our bully babies.

Peace, love and Bulldogs!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My bad! I just posted for Canadian women stands with our women friends below. Feel free to remove...no worries

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads