natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Hi Nat. Just got home from the doctor. I received a couple shots in my back to quiet it down as the pain meds were not working. Yep the pain is radiating down my leg as I have a bulging disc at L-4 and L-5 plus spinal stenosis. After the shots, the pain has subsided pretty good.

As far as the weather is concerned, we are sitting at -1 C. We were suppose to receive an inch of snow last and only got a dusting here. I think @2BullyMama who is about 100 miles as the crow flies received more snow. But we were lucky just the same.

I do have a question for you though. What is a good Canadian Beer? Now when my wife and I traveled to Nova Scotia, I found Alexander Keith's beer was pretty good. So much I brought 3 cases back with us. They have Alexanders here but it is not the same. It must be the water because what we buy here is definitely not the same. (I have Animal Planet on with Pit Bulls and Parolees and Jewel is watching intently). At any rate, Labatt's, Molson, and something else is what I have access to...so I thought I would ask you....and I better ask @helsonwheels what is the best tasting Canadian beer.

Wow your back sounds ouchie go slow My Friend
As far as beer hmmm not much of a beer drinker but in the day guess Molsons was My brand , Molson dry , Canadian , for Me stay away from export , one i will drink even today is Steam Whistle, made in Toronto not sure you will get it in the US tho , it is actually made right beside our Sky Dome . Agreed our countries beer are very different most US friends take as many cases home with them as they can after vacation, and God knows why a rye whiskey called Canadian Club or CC terrible stuff to Me . I also find in beer that our alcohol content is higher then yours , yours seems watered down or something , were for regular beer 5% alcohol, say Molson Dry is I think 6.5% or 6%. I know Alexander Kieth's have had it but not one I would drink a lot of a good beer just not for Me , My daughter drinks it.

-27 when I awoke this morning even our Siberian was not happy to be out long in that !

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Wow your back sounds ouchie go slow My Friend
As far as beer hmmm not much of a beer drinker but in the day guess Molsons was My brand , Molson dry , Canadian , for Me stay away from export , one i will drink even today is Steam Whistle, made in Toronto not sure you will get it in the US tho , it is actually made right beside our Sky Dome . Agreed our countries beer are very different most US friends take as many cases home with them as they can after vacation, and God knows why a rye whiskey called Canadian Club or CC terrible stuff to Me . I also find in beer that our alcohol content is higher then yours , yours seems watered down or something , were for regular beer 5% alcohol, say Molson Dry is I think 6.5% or 6%. I know Alexander Kieth's have had it but not one I would drink a lot of a good beer just not for Me , My daughter drinks it.

-27 when I awoke this morning even our Siberian was not happy to be out long in that !

Shots in back went ok. They will only do one side at a time. Right side feels great when walking. Left side has pain.

Helene mentioned the same about beer. You're right about beer being water-downed. Scotch is still good though.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Shots in back went ok. They will only do one side at a time. Right side feels great when walking. Left side has pain.

Helene mentioned the same about beer. You're right about beer being water-downed. Scotch is still good though.

How you doing, Roger.... back any better?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
How you doing, Roger.... back any better?

The right side that was injected is doing its job and I can walk without pain on the right side. But the left side needs work as I still have pain shooting down the back of my left leg. I still need to eat 5 pills/tabs in order to walk in the morning.

I am just falling apart thanks to "age." Also, I was up half the night with a bout of diverticulitis. I am about 20 pounds lighter after "evacuating." Still have a little discomfort and running to the bathroom every few minutes. I am suppose to stay away from foods that have seeds and over this weekend I had many of which had seeds. It only takes one to get into a fold of intestine to impose havoc and it has.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The right side that was injected is doing its job and I can walk without pain on the right side. But the left side needs work as I still have pain shooting down the back of my left leg. I still need to eat 5 pills/tabs in order to walk in the morning.

I am just falling apart thanks to "age." Also, I was up half the night with a bout of diverticulitis. I am about 20 pounds lighter after "evacuating." Still have a little discomfort and running to the bathroom every few minutes. I am suppose to stay away from foods that have seeds and over this weekend I had many of which had seeds. It only takes one to get into a fold of intestine to impose havoc and it has.

Good lord that is not fun.... hope you feel better soon and stay away from the seeds!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.