May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I hate heat. Give me all the snow. Go figure since I live in TX, [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I either like it really cold or really hot. Not a big fan of the in between due to the freaking humidity.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
OMG Helene [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] - my eyes frozen just reading that:coldout::freeze: - is it like that all winter??

Im with you at TOTAL 70-72 ALL year, hubby keeps telling the only place Ill get that San Diego in California

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
OMG Helene [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] - my eyes frozen just reading that:coldout::freeze: - is it like that all winter??

Im with you at TOTAL 70-72 ALL year, hubby keeps telling the only place Ill get that San Diego in California

No it's not all winter. But since November sure feels like it's going to last till June. It's coming from the North and won't let go.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
-15 here today no wind but past 4 days have been hell with rain, freezin rain now snowed past two days , last nite before bed Quebec still had 58000 customers without power north of Montreal , our snow now is app 2 1/2 feet deep winter just started

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
-15 here today no wind but past 4 days have been hell with rain, freezin rain now snowed past two days , last nite before bed Quebec still had 58000 customers without power north of Montreal , our snow now is app 2 1/2 feet deep winter just started

Yes called my mom she's ok but was telling me about that outage. So long its not like in 1998 ice storm. Very heavey on any wires.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

OH MY!!! Please stay safe and warm

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Like last year, "People of the North, Keep the cold up there!" Thank you.

-21 today bud , took 3 1/2 hrs to plow My drive yesterday, still has a bit more to do but need to get firewood in more important that .
Now so ya know for cold days it is Crown Royal, and I have to stop production of hats the aluminium gets too brittle ..........

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
I'm just outside Toronto, it's pretty cold but the dang windchill is what's killing it! When I drove to work this morning they said it was -11 but with the windchill was -23. What the hell!?!? I feel so bad waking the boys up at 5am and making them go outside to do their business...that can't be comfortable! :freeze:

Adding photo my friend just sent me...I get all the bulldog memes now, this one seems fitting!!
20170106_095447.png

Last edited:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
-21 today bud , took 3 1/2 hrs to plow My drive yesterday, still has a bit more to do but need to get firewood in more important that .
Now so ya know for cold days it is Crown Royal, and I have to stop production of hats the aluminium gets too brittle ..........

Hi Nat. Just got home from the doctor. I received a couple shots in my back to quiet it down as the pain meds were not working. Yep the pain is radiating down my leg as I have a bulging disc at L-4 and L-5 plus spinal stenosis. After the shots, the pain has subsided pretty good.

As far as the weather is concerned, we are sitting at -1 C. We were suppose to receive an inch of snow last and only got a dusting here. I think [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] who is about 100 miles as the crow flies received more snow. But we were lucky just the same.

I do have a question for you though. What is a good Canadian Beer? Now when my wife and I traveled to Nova Scotia, I found Alexander Keith's beer was pretty good. So much I brought 3 cases back with us. They have Alexanders here but it is not the same. It must be the water because what we buy here is definitely not the same. (I have Animal Planet on with Pit Bulls and Parolees and Jewel is watching intently). At any rate, Labatt's, Molson, and something else is what I have access to...so I thought I would ask you....and I better ask [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] what is the best tasting Canadian beer.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi Nat. Just got home from the doctor. I received a couple shots in my back to quiet it down as the pain meds were not working. Yep the pain is radiating down my leg as I have a bulging disc at L-4 and L-5 plus spinal stenosis. After the shots, the pain has subsided pretty good.

As far as the weather is concerned, we are sitting at -1 C. We were suppose to receive an inch of snow last and only got a dusting here. I think [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] who is about 100 miles as the crow flies received more snow. But we were lucky just the same.

I do have a question for you though. What is a good Canadian Beer? Now when my wife and I traveled to Nova Scotia, I found Alexander Keith's beer was pretty good. So much I brought 3 cases back with us. They have Alexanders here but it is not the same. It must be the water because what we buy here is definitely not the same. (I have Animal Planet on with Pit Bulls and Parolees and Jewel is watching intently). At any rate, Labatt's, Molson, and something else is what I have access to...so I thought I would ask you....and I better ask [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] what is the best tasting Canadian beer.

Im more a a red wine person but.... being raised in Montreal and eeeeeevery one in Canada knows who has the BEST BEER as it's Quebec. People in Ontario will cross just to pick up our beer cause our "point" is AFTER the 5 !!! HA! Labatt, Molson, Okefee (not sure of spelling) were all founded in Montreal. Alberta's beer is crap and soooooooo expensive. Ex 24 bottles: molson dry in Alberta is from 50-60 dollars. In Montreal its 29 $ that is why Ontario will cross over. They even come by bus for a HABS game and rents hotels and get drunk and leave next day. Lol... Alexander Keith's is great beer!!!! But the Canadian one. Sleeman is good stuff and Molson Cool Shots 6.0 ! But try the one's from Quebec if you can. And they are strong! !!

Top Ten Canadian Beers | Top 10 | Business Review Canada

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Im more a a red wine person but.... being raised in Montreal and eeeeeevery one in Canada knows who has the BEST BEER as it's Quebec. People in Ontario will cross just to pick up our beer cause our "point" is AFTER the 5 !!! HA! Labatt, Molson, Okefee (not sure of spelling) were all founded in Montreal. Alberta's beer is crap and soooooooo expensive. Ex: molson dry in Alberta is from 50-60 dollars. In Montreal its 29 $ that is why Ontario will cross over. They even come by bus for a HABS game and rents hotels and get drunk and leave next day. Lol... Alexander Keith's is great beer!!!! But the Canadian one. Sleeman is good stuff and Molson Cool Shots 6.0 ! But try the one's from Quebec if you can. And they are strong! !!

Top Ten Canadian Beers | Top 10 | Business Review Canada

Thanks Nyala for ensuring mommy provided the information I requested. OK thanx too to Helene.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh them prices was for 24 bottles :w00t:

Karen100

Apr 14, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie,Taylor,Gatsby
Very cold here too had to put boots and coats on my bullies. It's like having 3 kids bundling them up to play in the snow.:mommy::mommy:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.