Sauce or Gravy

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
So, I had THREE crockpots when we moved into our houseā€¦now I have ZERO - don't think I can blame the tornado twins for this oneā€¦but I'm thinking Hubby had something to do w/it during our yearly garage clean-out ;)

Not having a crock-pot in New England - especially during the autumn months - should be against the first few amendments!!

but you just gave me a great excuse to go buy one (or ask Santa for one) :clap::christmas36::christmas18:

Yes it should!! - Hubby Teases me too, As i might have just a few too many:chef:, but he likes the goodness that comes out of them, he even does Wings in them for Sunday football:football:

OP
NewEnglandBully

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Yes it should!! - Hubby Teases me too, As i might have just a few too many:chef:, but he likes the goodness that comes out of them, he even does Wings in them for Sunday football:football:

I also have a kick A$$ Chili that I make every yearā€¦have yet to do that in a crock pot - wings in a crockpot eh?! Hmm!! Buffalo style?

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I have always called it sauce and gravy is for mashed potatoes, fried chicken, turkey, and most definitely biscuits.

I had a hard time finding biscuits and gravy while living in florida or working in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. I have never heard pasta sauce called gravy until I read this thread and I have ate a lot of Italian food

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
We should exchange recipes!! Although, I'm kind of convinced that my mom purposely leaves "something" out when I try to make itā€¦it just never comes out quite like hers :ponder::tapfoot:

We most certainly can, and the best part is, I make it in the crockpot!! :)

You should both join our sister site Taste Test Recipes if your not already members there great place for posting recipes and getting new ones

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
You're so right!!! Freedom of Eats!!!!!

So, I had THREE crockpots when we moved into our houseā€¦now I have ZERO - don't think I can blame the tornado twins for this oneā€¦but I'm thinking Hubby had something to do w/it during our yearly garage clean-out ;)

Not having a crock-pot in New England - especially during the autumn months - should be against the first few amendments!!

but you just gave me a great excuse to go buy one (or ask Santa for one) :clap::christmas36::christmas18:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Being Italian 100% on all sides of the family which they were all born in Italy except us kids in Montreal, I have NEVER heard of a pasta sauce called "gravy". Its a SAUCE...SAUCE....SAUCE.....SAUCE.... GRAVY is for meat n potatoes. Capiche????

Actually, tonight's supper was, homemade blue crab pasta, light thin pasta sauce with homemade Italian sausage. It was fantastico! :cooking:

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Being Italian 100% on all sides of the family which they were all born in Italy except us kids in Montreal, I have NEVER heard of a pasta sauce called "gravy". Its a SAUCE...SAUCE....SAUCE.....SAUCE.... GRAVY is for meat n potatoes. Capiche????

Actually, tonight's supper was, homemade blue crab pasta, light thin pasta sauce with homemade Italian sausage. It was fantastico! :cooking:

:whew: - glad to hear you call it sauce

:p - my sauce could most certainly be done stove top, but I just tend to be lazy :laugh:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
:whew: - glad to hear you call it sauce

:p - my sauce could most certainly be done stove top, but I just tend to be lazy :laugh:

Hey, if it works for you, by all means, go for it! You can even freeze it if you don't have time to make it during the week. Never thaw ant sauce. Simmer frozen so you dont get any water.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.