OP
Old School Dropout
May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I got no problem with the Steelers; love smash-mouth, physical football. Got a couple of close friends from that area so makes it easy to watch games together, they pull for KC too.

Lots of Wolfpack players have played for Pittsburgh; shoot Bill Cowher still holds the record for tackles in one season (195), yeah - he was always an intense badass :nonono:. I am a Chiefs fan 1st and foremost, but there are a few other teams I like and pull for as well - Cardinals, Skins, Steelers, Titans and as I mentioned before don't dislike the Pats and enjoy watching them play.

OP
Old School Dropout
May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
So the first day of NFL playoffs were not great to watch, the Raiders vs Texans game was right up there with watching paint dry. So Doze resorted to the best thing to do when the game is not a barnburner -

8.5 months old - Taking a nap while I watch NFL playoffs.jpg

Today's matchups should be better, at least the teams are more interesting and have way more SB potential.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I am pulling for the Steelers but if the Fins win I wont be mad since i lived in Miami for 3.5 years and I am a Floridian stuck in Tennessee

I hope the Giants win also since one of their cb's Coty Sensabaugh is a local guy

OP
Old School Dropout
May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Steelers looked really sharp and fired up, they will be tough to knock out for KC. Glad they are at Arrowhead at least, going to need the 12th man I think. Giants just ran into a Buzzsaw; I love to see a guy on top of his game doing his thing... man, Rodgers was making WR's and TE's who I barely know the name of look like Pro-Bowlers.

LOL @ the Manning brothers.jpg

I'm not a gambling man, but I'd still put my $ on the Pats this year.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Houston TX here - not looking forward to superbowl being held here cause the traffic is bad enough already so I will have to avoid it as best I can lol

OP
Old School Dropout
May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Lord knows what I'd give for a good seat in NRG stadium if the Chiefs were to make it. They have not played in a Super Bowl in my lifetime :wallbang:

OP
Old School Dropout
May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
And my wait continues... but I think the two best all around teams in the AFC ended up in the championship game just as it should be. The Chiefs were getting by on offense with smoke and mirrors to some degree which I guess is a credit to Andy Reid. They just had too many injuries overall and at key positions inc. - Pro Bowl RB Jamal Charles, Pro Bowl ILB Derrick Johnson (who ate up a LOT of runs, could still defend the pass and was in charge of making sure everyone in the front 7 is where they were supposed to be.

The NFC game should be a shootout, Rodgers is playing as good as ever and Atlanta is scoring points like an Arena League team. All games should be worth watching if you like football at all the rest of the way.

OP
Old School Dropout
May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
The teams I like and follow are regularly in record breaking games, just not the kind that involve them winning usually :( -

"Steelers are first team to win a playoff game without scoring a TD since Colts beat the Ravens a decade ago"

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Steelers looked really sharp and fired up, they will be tough to knock out for KC. Glad they are at Arrowhead at least, going to need the 12th man I think. Giants just ran into a Buzzsaw; I love to see a guy on top of his game doing his thing... man, Rodgers was making WR's and TE's who I barely know the name of look like Pro-Bowlers.

View attachment 103233

I'm not a gambling man, but I'd still put my $ on the Pats this year.

:D:beer::2thumbs:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ugh... well I'm NOT a fan of Tom Brady, so it's guess it's the Falcon's for the Super Bowl. This has been the weirdest season ever... :unsure:

OP
Old School Dropout
May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
It has been somewhat of an unusual season, lots of big injuries helped contribute to that to some degree. Some teams didn't perform up to expectations - looking at you :blink: Arizona Cardinals (please get Mike Glennon behind Center there Steve Keim!), NasCarolina Panthers (who have the league's biggest man child at QB :moping:), Denver Donkeys, Indianapolis Colts and the NY Giants. The Dallas Cowboys rode two young guns behind a very solid O-Line to a great regular season that ended in a disappointing fashion for them, Miami and Tennessee showed improvement and should be good again next year and back in the playoff hunt.

KC just had to many injuries to have a special end to this season, it was exciting for me to see them relevant again but they were not dominant enough at what they do best - shut teams down. And they were pretty dang good at it, they lost to the Steelers in a game where they held them to Zero touchdowns. They had an awesome Red Zone defense all season pretty much, but they finished the season with 3 of their original front 7 (and that is counting Justin Houston, who wasn't close to 100% or practicing much the weeks he played). Oh well, I'm used to it.

Just want to see an exciting SB and get ready for the draft. I'd still go with the Pats; Atlanta has been an offensive machine (they have only been held to less than 30 points 5 times all year and only had 2 losses at home in a dome - week 1 to the Bucs and week 13 to the Chiefs). NRG stadium has a retractable roof. The NFL said the plan is to open the roof, but a decision won't be made until minutes before the game starts at 5:30 p.m. I think experience all round, from HC to the waterboy and a much better defense are the edge for New England.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.