2016 NFL Season / Playoffs

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
We had a bit of excitement and discussions going on when the College season began and now that is getting down to conference championship games and CFP / Bowl games. Is anybody a diehard fan of a particular team? How is your team doing (shot at the playoffs, etc.)?

I think this year is wide open with Dallas being so young and a lot of pressure riding the winning streak in the #1 spot for the NFC and the Pats (who are in 1st place of the AFC) just lost Gronk for the season. They are still a definite threat as long as #12 is behind Center, but not the same team.

I'm a long suffering Chiefs fan and more than happy with what they have done thus far, especially considering their injury situation. They have some tough games left, but most are at Arrowhead. Not this week though vs Atlanta who has an explosive offense and a track to a playoff spot. This weekend has some great matchups and games with playoff implications.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
As a long time Dallas Fan, Hubby and I are pleased with how season is going, and what will be in the coming years!!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
We had a bit of excitement and discussions going on when the College season began and now that is getting down to conference championship games and CFP / Bowl games.

I started that thread and did not receive as much conversation about the college teams so I kindda stopped posting college games.

I will say this though...GO ARMY! BEAT NAVY!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I love college ball, but have no interest in the NFL. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Old School Dropout
May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I love college ball, but have no interest in the NFL. Sorry

It's Ok, I understand; feel the same way about Bball. Couldn't play or go to enough games (local team was NC State - Valvano was HC when I was a teenager) in my younger days, now I just watch rival games and the NCAA tourney pretty much. Gave up on the NBA long ago. I guess I just really love watching football the older I get, there are differences and traditions in the college game that I do like and hope stay that way.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Die hard Patriots fan here. It all began when my dad and brother were watching the snow bowl game against the Raiders. I turned to the tv and Brady caught my eye when I went to get my niece , she was a baby at the time. From that day it's been the Patriots ever since . My brother totally regrets watching that game . It never crossed his mind that his big sister would love football LOL

OP
Old School Dropout
May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
FWIW I think the Pats will be playing the Steelers for the AFC spot in this years Super Bowl. I'm just not confident enough in the Chiefs offense to put up enough points to win against either of those two if they get the chance, hope the winner of that game takes it all. My best friend from childhood moved to NC from Rhode Island when he was 12 and is a diehard NE fan (also Bruins & Red Sox), so I back him up vs haters and definitely respect what Belichick and Brady have accomplished there.

I actually think they have been good for the NFL, Deflategate was a bunch of BS and I don't get people :whut?: who don't like a particular person because he is just more intelligent than your guy / Head Coach and what he does works every year. Want to try and diss Tom Brady? Not to me, he was a 6th Rd Draft pick and is already the best QB to ever play the game and looking pretty good this year to keep going as long as he wants.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
FWIW I think the Pats will be playing the Steelers for the AFC spot in this years Super Bowl. I'm just not confident enough in the Chiefs offense to put up enough points to win against either of those two if they get the chance, hope the winner of that game takes it all. My best friend from childhood moved to NC from Rhode Island when he was 12 and is a diehard NE fan (also Bruins & Red Sox), so I back him up vs haters and definitely respect what Belichick and Brady have accomplished there.

I actually think they have been good for the NFL, Deflategate was a bunch of BS and I don't get people :whut?: who don't like a particular person because he is just more intelligent than your guy / Head Coach and what he does works every year. Want to try and diss Tom Brady? Not to me, he was a 6th Rd Draft pick and is already the best QB to ever play the game and looking pretty good this year to keep going as long as he wants.

:goodpost::wave5::judges::wave5:#12 :football::ninja2::ninja::ninjaspank::giggle: (had to throw in my Ninjas)

OP
Old School Dropout
May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Proud of my Chiefs, they laid the lumber to the Donkeys tonight. Hope Denver takes out their frustration on the ChOakland Raiders next Sunday so the division will be set right for the playoffs. Steelers sure looked impressive in the 4th quarter when they had to get rolling too, going to be some great playoff games.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Proud of my Chiefs, they laid the lumber to the Donkeys tonight. Hope Denver takes out their frustration on the ChOakland Raiders next Sunday so the division will be set right for the playoffs. Steelers sure looked impressive in the 4th quarter when they had to get rolling too, going to be some great playoff games.

That game gave my b/f a big win in his fantasy league-- very happy boy [emoji23][emoji23]

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi

You are amazing thank you for the kind words . I agree with about the deflate gate , it was nonsense. We did good for a month without Brady won 3 games out of 4 not too shabby.

I am kinda of nervous about playoffs the Steelers are a good team . They can make it tough for us overall it will be good game.

Your childhood friend rocks!

OP
Old School Dropout
May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I should also add that I have a local interest in keeping up and following the Pats too. I'm a longtime NC State supporter and football season ticket holder, Jacoby Brissett and Joe Thuney were excellent players and exemplary young men who represented the university very well and donated their time and energy to multiple good causes while here (most involved helping kids in some way or visiting those that were not well).

I'm glad that they both ended up together with such a solid and well run NFL organization.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Go Steelers!!

I don't really keep up with the NFL, I am a college football guy. But my dad is from Pittsburgh so I have always pulled for the Steelers. I also sometimes pull for teams local guys play for like Cowboys "Jason Witten and Gerald Sensabaugh when he was still in the league, Giants "Coty Sensabaugh" and would pull for the 49ers "Daniel Kilgore" if it wasn't for Kapernick.

All went to the same High School I graduated from except Witten who went to a non rival high school about 20 minutes away

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online