Doggie Boutique Owner MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 2016 NFL Season / Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Dropout View Post
    FWIW I think the Pats will be playing the Steelers for the AFC spot in this years Super Bowl. I'm just not confident enough in the Chiefs offense to put up enough points to win against either of those two if they get the chance, hope the winner of that game takes it all. My best friend from childhood moved to NC from Rhode Island when he was 12 and is a diehard NE fan (also Bruins & Red Sox), so I back him up vs haters and definitely respect what Belichick and Brady have accomplished there.

I actually think they have been good for the NFL, Deflategate was a bunch of BS and I don't get people who don't like a particular person because he is just more intelligent than your guy / Head Coach and what he does works every year. Want to try and diss Tom Brady? Not to me, he was a 6th Rd Draft pick and is already the best QB to ever play the game and looking pretty good this year to keep going as long as he wants.
    You are amazing thank you for the kind words . I agree with about the deflate gate , it was nonsense. We did good for a month without Brady won 3 games out of 4 not too shabby.

I am kinda of nervous about playoffs the Steelers are a good team . They can make it tough for us overall it will be good game.

Your childhood friend rocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Old School Dropout liked this post
    Bully Bootie Duty Old School Dropout's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

I should also add that I have a local interest in keeping up and following the Pats too. I'm a longtime NC State supporter and football season ticket holder, Jacoby Brissett and Joe Thuney were excellent players and exemplary young men who represented the university very well and donated their time and energy to multiple good causes while here (most involved helping kids in some way or visiting those that were not well).

I'm glad that they both ended up together with such a solid and well run NFL organization.

Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Go Steelers!!

I don't really keep up with the NFL, I am a college football guy. But my dad is from Pittsburgh so I have always pulled for the Steelers. I also sometimes pull for teams local guys play for like Cowboys "Jason Witten and Gerald Sensabaugh when he was still in the league, Giants "Coty Sensabaugh" and would pull for the 49ers "Daniel Kilgore" if it wasn't for Kapernick.

All went to the same High School I graduated from except Witten who went to a non rival high school about 20 minutes away

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

5. Likes 2BullyMama, Jersey liked this post
    Real Name
    Rod
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

I got no problem with the Steelers; love smash-mouth, physical football. Got a couple of close friends from that area so makes it easy to watch games together, they pull for KC too.

Lots of Wolfpack players have played for Pittsburgh; shoot Bill Cowher still holds the record for tackles in one season (195), yeah - he was always an intense badass . I am a Chiefs fan 1st and foremost, but there are a few other teams I like and pull for as well - Cardinals, Skins, Steelers, Titans and as I mentioned before don't dislike the Pats and enjoy watching them play.

Real Name
    Rod
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

So the first day of NFL playoffs were not great to watch, the Raiders vs Texans game was right up there with watching paint dry. So Doze resorted to the best thing to do when the game is not a barnburner -

-8-5-months-taking-nap-watch-nfl-playoffs-jpg

Today's matchups should be better, at least the teams are more interesting and have way more SB potential.

8. Likes Chunky White, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

I am pulling for the Steelers but if the Fins win I wont be mad since i lived in Miami for 3.5 years and I am a Floridian stuck in Tennessee

I hope the Giants win also since one of their cb's Coty Sensabaugh is a local guy

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

10. Likes Old School Dropout liked this post
    Real Name
    Rod
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Steelers looked really sharp and fired up, they will be tough to knock out for KC. Glad they are at Arrowhead at least, going to need the 12th man I think. Giants just ran into a Buzzsaw; I love to see a guy on top of his game doing his thing... man, Rodgers was making WR's and TE's who I barely know the name of look like Pro-Bowlers.

-lol-manning-brothers-jpg

I'm not a gambling man, but I'd still put my $ on the Pats this year.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Houston TX here - not looking forward to superbowl being held here cause the traffic is bad enough already so I will have to avoid it as best I can lol

Cheerio mates!

Real Name
    Rod
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Lord knows what I'd give for a good seat in NRG stadium if the Chiefs were to make it. They have not played in a Super Bowl in my lifetime

14. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Rod
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

And my wait continues... but I think the two best all around teams in the AFC ended up in the championship game just as it should be. The Chiefs were getting by on offense with smoke and mirrors to some degree which I guess is a credit to Andy Reid. They just had too many injuries overall and at key positions inc. - Pro Bowl RB Jamal Charles, Pro Bowl ILB Derrick Johnson (who ate up a LOT of runs, could still defend the pass and was in charge of making sure everyone in the front 7 is where they were supposed to be.

The NFC game should be a shootout, Rodgers is playing as good as ever and Atlanta is scoring points like an Arena League team. All games should be worth watching if you like football at all the rest of the way.

16. Likes 2BullyMama, Chunky White liked this post
    Real Name
    Rod
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

The teams I like and follow are regularly in record breaking games, just not the kind that involve them winning usually -

"Steelers are first team to win a playoff game without scoring a TD since Colts beat the Ravens a decade ago"

18. Likes Chunky White, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Dropout View Post
    Steelers looked really sharp and fired up, they will be tough to knock out for KC. Glad they are at Arrowhead at least, going to need the 12th man I think. Giants just ran into a Buzzsaw; I love to see a guy on top of his game doing his thing... man, Rodgers was making WR's and TE's who I barely know the name of look like Pro-Bowlers.

-lol-manning-brothers-jpg

I'm not a gambling man, but I'd still put my $ on the Pats this year.

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads