Gatlinburg,*Tennessee Fire

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My EBN friends, please stay safe!!! If they say to get out....get out!!! We just been through all this. Your life and family comes first. Again, Stay Safe. Positive thoughts coming your way.... :pray2:

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Lots of rain coming to the gatlinburg area overnight into tomorrow so they now have flood and high wind warnings. I live 45 minutes east of there and we have had wildfires for weeks now but there hasnt been a lot of damage from them to homes or businesses. I was just chatting with another member from the Carolinas about the weather and fires since they are experiencing the same kinds of conditions.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Good! We had the Fort McMurray fires this this summer and it is not funny to lose your house or safety of your family and having to drive through flames higher than hugh trees. Very scary. So "LET IT RAIN!" :rain::rain:

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Good! We had the Fort McMurray fires this this summer and it is not funny to lose your house or safety of your family and having to drive through flames higher than hugh trees. Very scary. So "LET IT RAIN!" :rain::rain:

If fires ever reached the city I live in it would be very bad with all the Manufacturing plants around. There was one within a few miles of the explosives plant on the other side of town two weeks ago. I am happy for the rain but not happy I will have to mow again this year since the temperatures are still warm during the day.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yes, thankyou [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] We,too have had fires,but managed,thanks to FD. Nice of you to ask. I am about two hours from Gatlinburg-never been there. It is very sad-so many lost their homes and business. I am very afraid of fire.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Yes, thankyou @rjisaterp We,too have had fires,but managed,thanks to FD. Nice of you to ask. I am about two hours from Gatlinburg-never been there. It is very sad-so many lost their homes and business. I am very afraid of fire.

I am glad you are okey-dokey. I agree with you 100% about fire. Thanks for the SITREP (i.e. situation report).

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I live about 5 hours from Gatlinburg, and I go there at least twice a year... absolutely LOVE the area, and since my grandson lives close in Knoxville I want to get a cabin there at some point. I can't tell you how heartsick I am over this... one of our favorite restaurants burned to the ground. It's such a beautiful little mountain town, NOT to mention the Smoky Mountains which are absolutely gorgeous. I have heard rumors that these fires were deliberate... WTH is wrong w/people?!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have heard rumors that these fires were deliberate... WTH is wrong w/people?!!

REALLY? Good lord what is wrong with people!?

So happy all are EBN family is safe from it.... been thinking of you all

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
REALLY? Good lord what is wrong with people!?

So happy all are EBN family is safe from it.... been thinking of you all

Its not uncommon at all for a volunteer fireman to start a fire around here just so they can put them out. Its usually an abandoned barn or something like that though. A wanna meteorologist started a fire in Kentucky in early November. People are sick

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
I was wondering that too. Definately 99% of our firefighters are brave and selfless people. Then there's the occasional crazy who like Wes says, start fires so they can put them out. Thank God for the rain, I've been smelling smoke for weeks! Too close for comfort!

Its not uncommon at all for a volunteer fireman to start a fire around here just so they can put them out. Its usually an abandoned barn or something like that though. A wanna meteorologist started a fire in Kentucky in early November. People are sick

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
My heart goes out to all effected by the fires. Such a beautiful place too. I hope the rains come soon and help extinguish the fire. I did hear they caught that POS that started the fire.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I am late reading this , I hope all is well with everyone. I loved Gatlinburg such a nice place to visit . Unfortunately, the lady we went to visit , my friend informed me she lost her house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I am late reading this , I hope all is well with everyone. I loved Gatlinburg such a nice place to visit . Unfortunately, the lady we went to visit , my friend informed me she lost her house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad! On tv here they szid its a 24yr old that set it. Just dont get people like that.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
They ought to hang that 24 yr old who started the fire(s). If I hear correctly, there are 13 deaths related to the fire(s).

Members online

No members online now.