Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Too much going on for me to get in the spirit of Christmas. I wouldn't care if I could just bypass it this year.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
2016 definitely has been a challenging year for many and overall not a great morale year, I think. Because of that, I am trying to focus much on the good that we see around and the importance of having family, friends, a wonderful and healthy bulldog, and trying to do more good in the world. Less focus on material possessions and more on trying to donate to good causes because it makes me feel better for much longer.

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
Was the worst and best year I've had combined. To The loss of my dog to the gaining of 2 new family members. I'm looking forward to see what 2017 has to offer.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Holidays have been tough for many years for my family, but decorating and focusing on the pups, donating to worthy causes and keeping my circle small and tight really helps get through it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Holidays have been tough for many years for my family, but decorating and focusing on the pups, donating to worthy causes and keeping my circle small and tight really helps get through it

Scrooge has nothing on me. I don't even want to decorate this year. My girls used to always help me. Bill doesn't do any decorating. With my kids in Dallas and us up here in Michigan, I just can't see doing it any more. I decorated the last few years because my mother spends Christmas with us. But she made it clear she didn't want to be a part of the preparations this year. So screw it. we have a new grandchild coming in a few weeks. That and my daughter's graduation will be the celebrations this year. I am ready for January.

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
Scrooge has nothing on me. I don't even want to decorate this year. My girls used to always help me. Bill doesn't do any decorating. With my kids in Dallas and us up here in Michigan, I just can't see doing it any more. I decorated the last few years because my mother spends Christmas with us. But she made it clear she didn't want to be a part of the preparations this year. So screw it. we have a new grandchild coming in a few weeks. That and my daughter's graduation will be the celebrations this year. I am ready for January.
Well hello from another michagander.
I myself never really been big on Xmas my wife on the other hand is crazy about it its becoming to commercialized and everyone thinks you owe them something.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We haven't decorated in years, just doesn't seem the same since the skin kids are gone.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Lewis wants nothing to do with it either--- i do it all -- i do it for me, no one else [emoji16]

9261453142dbc328397e7da66ce435e7.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We never know what the other person is going through or what their journey has been. Many people struggle with stress, illness, financial or relationship problems, but hopefully next year brings us all better things. All we can do is count the blessings we do have, be kind and loving to each other and to everyone, not just to family and friends, and keep our families and friends close, and just be there for everyone, even if it just to listen, give a shoulder to cry on, hug someone who needs one, or just a kind word or a warm smile. You never know what one small gesture or kind word, can do to brighten or make a difference in some else's life.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 161

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
my year has been **** cant wait for it to be over and 2017 begin

I dont like putting trees up but I do and as I am having Christmas here I really need to and think I will do it shortly this afternoon but not looking forward to doing it but Im looking forward to it coming and going and then its close to us arriving NY which I am looking forward to.

But honestly dont feel like its nearely Christmas I think it came around too quick

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
We never know what the other person is going through or what their journey has been. Many people struggle with stress, illness, financial or relationship problems, but hopefully next year brings us all better things. All we can do is count the blessings we do have, be kind and loving to each other and to everyone, not just to family and friends, and keep our families and friends close, and just be there for everyone, even if it just to listen, give a shoulder to cry on, hug someone who needs one, or just a kind word or a warm smile. You never know what one small gesture or kind word, can do to brighten or make a difference in some else's life.

Beautifully said. I feel very guilty because I know others have it so much worse. I miss my family--my in-laws, my dad and my kids. But since my mother moved up here, I feel "stuck" during the holidays. Hence my guilt--so many people who have lost beloved mothers. She lived with my sister and her husband (a true saint) for 20 years. My mother is the perfect example of an unhappy, negative, passive/aggressive personality. She has said she is free to say whatever she likes to people because of her age. She was rude to a woman in a store because she had to step to the side to let her pass in a crowded aisle. When I asked if she had any idea what was going on in the woman's life (maybe was distracted because she had a sick child at home, or a husband who was dying), she blamed her behavior on her younger sister (who was not with us), never once admitting she was out of line. Then she complained to my sister that I have no patience for her. She's right. I don't tolerate bad behavior--I don't care how old she is. She has become her mother--which is not a good thing. I've told all three of my kids that if I ever get that nasty to take me out and shoot me.

I need to try to focus on the fact that I am eternally grateful to my mother-in-law, who showed me what it is to be a gracious, loving person. She and my father-in-law were wonderful, loving parents to Bill and his brothers--and all of their wives. I shudder to think what I would have become if I had not married Bill. I miss her every day.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ugh... this post makes me sad. I would LOVE to throw Christmas under the rug and say forget it too... but I will NEVER forget a Christmas we had many years ago. We had just found out that my dad had cancer, and my mom decided not to pull out the decor or the tree. It was the WORST Christmas ever, and my dad said that we would NEVER not have a tree regardless of what was going on in our lives. He was right... so the next year my mom pulled out the tree and dad passed in Feb.

NO matter what is going on at Christmas, I will always try to have a tree... even if I'm God forbid homeless I will decorate a nearby bush. For me it's always been about the birth of Christ... NOT the gifts or the obligations, and now Thanks to dad I always think about him and what he said to us so many years ago.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.