ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
SPOILER ALERT!!!

IF you did NOT see last night's episode, read NO further...

All I can say is OMG... I had kinda figured on Abraham even though I had heard rumors that it would be Glenn. I know that in the comic book it was Glenn, but I'm honestly shocked that they killed off 2 of the characters. My heart just breaks for Maggie... how much more heartache can that poor woman take :(

:zombie::girlwalker::brainzombie::walker::getupzombie:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I can honestly say I have never watched an episode and don't plan to. lol

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
That was one of the best episodes I've seen. It was riveting!
I work with a retired cop now whos son is an actor in California. He's been in numerous tv shows but never recurring roles just hour long episodes. He's signed on for at least 5 episodes of walking dead and Had to sign non disclosure agreements he wouldn't tell any plot lines. His first episode is this coming Sunday. He's going to be a main character but not sure if he s going to be a good guy or bad. All I know is he rides a horse. Anyway I thought that was pretty cool. His name is Karl Makinen. Last nights episode was amazing! Looks like it's going to be a good season!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That was one of the best episodes I've seen. It was riveting!
I work with a retired cop now whos son is an actor in California. He's been in numerous tv shows but never recurring roles just hour long episodes. He's signed on for at least 5 episodes of walking dead and Had to sign non disclosure agreements he wouldn't tell any plot lines. His first episode is this coming Sunday. He's going to be a main character but not sure if he s going to be a good guy or bad. All I know is he rides a horse. Anyway I thought that was pretty cool. His name is Karl Makinen. Last nights episode was amazing! Looks like it's going to be a good season!

That is awesome!!! Where my family lives outside of Atlanta is very close to where they film TWD... in fact (kinda funny) the priest from the show got a ticket and had to report to my mom to do his community service. She doesn't watch the show, but she said it was funny because people at her work were asking for his autograph and picture... Lol Mom said he was extremely nice, and down to earth. Plus I can't tell you HOW many times the main actors are spotted in town, shopping or eating out... just regular people NO bodyguards or major paparazzi.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
The series sort of lost me with the Governor storyline but then I started liking it more again last season. This premiere though, I don't know...I felt like it was a lot of gore for the sake of gore. I'm interested to see how the season plays out especially with this King Ezekiel guy I saw in next week's preview, but I don't know something just wasn't working for me in this episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The series sort of lost me with the Governor storyline but then I started liking it more again last season. This premiere though, I don't know...I felt like it was a lot of gore for the sake of gore. I'm interested to see how the season plays out especially with this King Ezekiel guy I saw in next week's preview, but I don't know something just wasn't working for me in this episode.

I agree, it was especially brutal w/Glenn... all in the name of ratings I guess...

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Yes the gore was absolutely brutal...it's weird how they bash the crap out of zombies every episode and we don't flinch anymore. This week was so different watching the humans characters get it. They did go overboard but in an attempt to show the brutality of the character I guess. Funny how far things have come since Psycho where the killing isn't even shown but the effect was the same.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes the gore was absolutely brutal...it's weird how they bash the crap out of zombies every episode and we don't flinch anymore. This week was so different watching the humans characters get it. They did go overboard but in an attempt to show the brutality of the character I guess. Funny how far things have come since Psycho where the killing isn't even shown but the effect was the same.

Well obviously we felt a connection to Glenn, we are oblivious to the zombie's now... Lol :zombie: My hubby loved Negan... I'm really hoping that they let Maggie take care of him at some point :evil:

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
It broke my heart. I loved Glenn and Maggie together. And they just HAD TO make the dinner table scene. That is where I lost it lol.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION]

Do you watch the Talking Dead? They made it sound like it was important for the brutality to be there. That they want us and them to feel completely lost and hopeless.... because its going to create the base of the story lines for years to come.

Um... so we now need you to get us some autographs. Maybe a few with zombie guts. That would be an awesome raffle item! Or personal item.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
@Chumley

Do you watch the Talking Dead? They made it sound like it was important for the brutality to be there. That they want us and them to feel completely lost and hopeless.... because its going to create the base of the story lines for years to come.

Um... so we now need you to get us some autographs. Maybe a few with zombie guts. That would be an awesome raffle item! Or personal item.

unfortunately he was signed for 5 episodes and an option for more. His dad says he was sworn to secrecy but I know he's already back in California so I'm pretty sure he's killed off. I think there's a main character called Ezekiel with a tiger and he's associated with that group. That's a great idea for an auction item but I think that ship,has sailed already.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
unfortunately he was signed for 5 episodes and an option for more. His dad says he was sworn to secrecy but I know he's already back in California so I'm pretty sure he's killed off. I think there's a main character called Ezekiel with a tiger and he's associated with that group. That's a great idea for an auction item but I think that ship,has sailed already.

Last night's episode was pretty lame, especially considering the first one... Carol thinks Ezekiel is a looney toon... Lol

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I agree last night's episode was blah. I think my fandom is waning. I don't feel like he storyline progresses anymore. We don't know what life is like outside of these insular seemingly similarly fated gated communities. Like we don't have a sense of the bigger picture anymore and it just seems played out. I haven't read the books so I don't know if they drag on in the same way but eh I'm on to watching WestWorld.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.