Pure Pumpkin not Pumpkin?

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
HHHMMMM!! - I had heard about this but, had never saw it in writing....Seems to work well for Ellie's belly, So should we not be giving this to our babies??

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ok here's my 2 cents......I have a business in food and yes the labeling can be deceiving especially when the product comes from another country. Ive been reading ingredients since I was 20. Back then wasn't any nutritional facts label. Up to the consumer to judge. Like in the article it mentions feta cheese. Why would anyone go buy feta made with cow's milk? Real feta is with goat's milk. I do my own pesto and it's sold to high end store and health food stores as it's pure and natural like my Italian ancestors did it. I came across Jamie Oliver's pesto and his mentor is Italian! They put sugars, fillers, Xgums etc in different brands. :w00t: if you go to Italy and serve that to them I swear they'll throw it behind your head in one shot! Why add all that crap in their jars? Cause they are catering to the"western" side of the planet. That is "not" right and so not Italian way. Why? Cause western side likes their process food or are bigger or they'll eat anything? No! Western side has come a long way and have changed their way of eating, exercising, taking care of themselves. That is not nice from Jamie Oliver as it's all about money. Just like that article, its all about money and not giving what the consumer wants or thinks what they are buying is good for them. Ok ive turned this to a venting post hahahaha

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Squash and pumpkin are very similar. [MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] It works for the dogs,as fiber. NOT for [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] don't get her started :ROFL::lmaogirl:(just kidding!)

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I have had to give Monty 'pumpkin' a few times and it has worked so I will continue to do so if needed. I will still use it to make pies too! As Manydogs says, squash and pumpkin are very similar and it is still supposed to be 100% pure so why not.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Squash and pumpkin are very similar. [MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] It works for the dogs,as fiber. NOT for [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] don't get her started :ROFL::lmaogirl:(just kidding!)

:evilha:

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.