Pitbull ban need help for our pitties!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I was born and raised in Montreal. Beautiful city! These damm government especially this mayor of Montreal has lost it. I moved to Alberta just 8 years ago. I go home a few times a year as all my family is there. We have this dumbass mayor that put a new bylaw on all type of pitbull breed. Started by a neighbour's dog went across to the other neighbor and mauled her to death. So the mayor put the new bylaw. Yes of course sad story for the woman that died senselessly and her family had to go through this. But it was NEVER a pitbull but a boxer that kill the poor woman. It's not the dog you have to go after but the owners!!! The dog is more of a reflection of YOU than the breed. I recall when I had my dobermans in the 70s they were the target, then it was GS, then Rotties. Now anything that resembles a pitbull. My 8yr old GS which I had to put down last year as his brain was too escalated and would just attack anything that resemble a dog, cat, bird, horses and then any small child smaller than his height. Trust me, hardest decision in my lifetime to put him down as he was just a big suck with people. Still get teary when I talk about him or typing this. I know I made the right decision. His mouth was the size of a child's head. Well I took my responsibilities and had to do this even if it hurts me for the rest of my life. You just cannot put any dog on a ban list. It's the owners you put on the ban list. Just to say, north of me city called Edmonton there was 2 black labs yes labs that attacked a woman and were put down. Who would think labs? Exactly! Ok im done venting :) so all this to say, Montreal will need homes for a lot of good pitties that owners wont be able to afford to keep their babies. Montreal is the only city in Canada that will petition or strike against the government as we are known for not taking crap from them. Hoping this senseless law doesn't go through supreme court.

https://www.facebook.com/PitbullGua...823963340616/1182391275117212/?type=3&theater

Denis Coderre says Montreal will appeal pit bull ban suspension - Montreal - CBC News

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I had read this ... angry, angry, angry!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] why is it im not even finish typing or press post I get a "like" from you on my post when I didn't even press send yet. Now that is spooky! You have a crystal ball? Lollll

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
I heard they just suspended it? I sure hope so because that is insane and the rules pit bull owners had to go through was ridiculous! As an owner of two of the sweetest pits in the world I just don't understand peoples way of thinking. But honestly it's poor breeding and breeding in mixes that compromises the breed. My friend had a chow/pit and they raised her from a puppy but she snapped at children, fought other dogs and even went after a guy trying to pet her. She was an insane liability. He rehomed her to a single guy which he found out he was having his first kid but it was probably the chow more than the pit in her. Training is so key at a young age. I hate breed specific bans!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] why is it im not even finish typing or press post I get a "like" from you on my post when I didn't even press send yet. Now that is spooky! You have a crystal ball? Lollll

:evil:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

📰 Latest posts

Members online