Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
You have a good time. Maybe you should give [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] a call and take her to the game. I hear she doesn't get out much. Just a thought.

Virginia Tech vs University of [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] (i.e. Tennessee) 9/10/2016 at 2000 hours. Line Tenn -11. Weather forecast is dark, continued dark until widely scattered light in the morning. No but really should be Temperature around 85 degrees at 1900 hours sun will set approximately 1942 hours. Temperature 82 degrees and game time wins 3 mph from the southwest. Turning partly cloudy 2100 hours temperatures falling to mid 70's during the game. 0% probability of rain. Based on this, I envy you because that sounds like ideal conditions for a game and beer drinking. Take some pictures because this event will make history with approximately 150,000 fans. This ought to be a good game, "The Battle At Bristol!" One pundit said that both of the teams won their season openers but neither looked impressive. Tenn needed a come from behind effort to beat Appalachian State and VT beat Liberty 36-13 but had lost 4 fumbles in the process.---Yahoo Sports.

I should be back from Cumberland, Maryland by game time. Yep...taking the kids to see grandma and grandpa.

[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] lives around 4 hours west of me and the battle of Bristol is east of where I live. If anyone on this forum ever wanted to go to a game and I didn't have to work and it was within a reasonable distance I would go. I am in Kingsport Tn and I think she is around Nashville

I start back to work monday and have no idea what my schedule will be like now and I am sure it will change frequently because I do industrial construction. Luckily the plant I will be working at is 10 minutes from my house.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Maybe it wasn't FSU but another decent ACC team that played FIU and it was close.

In 2011 FIU went 8-4. They beat Louisville and barely lost to Duke. Ty Hilton was there then and could possibly be the best player to play there.

Back to your mention of beer at the Battle of Bristol. I was talking to my neighbor who works for Bristol Motor Speedway and she mentioned that they bought 500k beers to sale at the game.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
@Manydogs lives around 4 hours west of me and the battle of Bristol is east of where I live. If anyone on this forum ever wanted to go to a game and I didn't have to work and it was within a reasonable distance I would go. I am in Kingsport Tn and I think she is around Nashville

I start back to work monday and have no idea what my schedule will be like now and I am sure it will change frequently because I do industrial construction. Luckily the plant I will be working at is 10 minutes from my house.

At least you live 10 minute away.

We have the game on and will be looking for you. OOps! we don't know what you look like. Have a great time!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Congrats on the win Roger!!

Thanks. You were right did not have much to worry about. I did manage to watch some of the Michigan UCF game as the Terps play UCF next Saturday. I think we should win; however, it is definitely a test for the Terps and will set the tone for the rest of the year.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope this week is as exciting as the game this past weekend... lots of upsets and great plays

While we were in Cumberland I tried to catch a glimpse of the Penn State game. Man it was close. What the heck happened. Based on the score it must of been a good game.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
My Noles got another win of 52-8 vs Charleston Southern and I missed most the game since I was sitting in traffic on my way to the battle of bristol

There were 156,990 people at the Battle of Bristol and Tennessee won 45-24. We arrived at the game 5 hours early and that was after sitting in traffic for over two hours to get parked and spent another hour in traffic leaving. The game was great and there probably won't be a bigger crowd at another football game for a while unless they play these two teams play again at Bristol Motor Speedway. The crowd bought all 550,000 beers the BMS bought for the game by half time and Budweiser had to deliver more. LOL

Here are some pics and I am headed to bed after posting them!!

20160910_195040.jpg

20160910_221848.jpg

Sorry this pic looks warped but I took it in panoramic mode and the fence was in the way. I didn't look at it until I was at home or I would of taken another picture

20160910_192753.jpg

20160910_182637.jpg

20160910_181724.jpg

20160910_192502.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
While we were in Cumberland I tried to catch a glimpse of the Penn State game. Man it was close. What the heck happened. Based on the score it must of been a good game.

I did not see the whole game... had a wedding to go to yesterday. I git to watch 1st quarter and a little of the second. I was surprised by the final as Pitt was looking string in what i was able to see--- State seemed slow and nervous. Gonna have to catch replay today on BigTen channel.
[MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION]-- what a great game and experience you were at! I LOVED what was done during the national anthem-- beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I did not see the whole game... had a wedding to go to yesterday. I git to watch 1st quarter and a little of the second. I was surprised by the final as Pitt was looking string in what i was able to see--- State seemed slow and nervous. Gonna have to catch replay today on BigTen channel.
[MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION]-- what a great game and experience you were at! I LOVED what was done during the national anthem-- beautiful!

I would like to see the Pitt vs Penn State game in Pittsburgh once just because my dad is from Pittsburgh. I like good rivalry games especially when the the two teams are from the same state.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION] I had to check this thread to see who won! I did take a look once,and Tn was winning, but then I forgot about it(don't hit me....:eek:) I AM glad to hear that T won! Can you tell me why they did all this to the speedway?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION] I had to check this thread to see who won! I did take a look once,and Tn was winning, but then I forgot about it(don't hit me....:eek:) I AM glad to hear that T won! Can you tell me why they did all this to the speedway?

Because they can :D

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White

They played the game at BMS because of all the people who they expected to attend. There were 156,990 people in the stands which was a world record college football attendance. There was a lot of people who stayed outside and tailgated because they couldn't get tickets to get in or were just there for a huge party which it was. The local radio stations were saying close to 200,000 were there for the game. Tn can only seat 102,000 and Va, Tech seats 66,000 so Bristol Motor Speedway was almost able to seat the full capacity of both stadiums.

They had concerts friday night and part of the day saturday before and after the game also and a lot of people showed up for that. Kenny Chesney, The Band Perry, and Sam Hunt were the artist I recognize but they had probably 10 artist in all.

The game didn't end until after midnight so I understand how a lot of people went to bed before it was over. With all the TV time outs and the adds, announcements and tributes that went on during the game i didn't think it would ever end. The third quarter took 1hr 20 minutes

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Thank you [MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION] for the REAL answer!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.