International Sauces

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I know we have members all over the world in EBN. I need to pick your brain. Im looking for "that" special recipe sauce that comes from your native country that you, your grandma, great grandmother etc that was passed down from generations. Yes I know there's " pinterest" but looking more for the grandma's recipe that was put or used everyday or special occasions at the table. Or the name of it. I have tonsfrom all over the world but looking for the WOW one. Being Italian I have my own. Born n raised in Montreal which is very multicultural have that too. Just still looking for "the special" one.

Needs to be natural, no fillers, no artificial flavours etc. Yes im one of them lol

Thanks for your input :cooking: :chef:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I know we have members all over the world in EBN. I need to pick your brain. Im looking for "that" special recipe sauce that comes from your native country that you, your grandma, great grandmother etc that was passed down from generations. Yes I know there's " pinterest" but looking more for the grandma's recipe that was put or used everyday or special occasions at the table. Or the name of it. I have tonsfrom all over the world but looking for the WOW one. Being Italian I have my own. Born n raised in Montreal which is very multicultural have that too. Just still looking for "the special" one.

Needs to be natural, no fillers, no artificial flavours etc. Yes im one of them lol

Thanks for your input :cooking: :chef:

You might give [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] as she has a website I think.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
You might give [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] as she has a website I think.

EBN has like a cooking recipe site :) will check it out
Cheers dear

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You might give @cali baker as she has a website I think.

How nice of you to remember that I had a site, Roger :) I used to food blog but i don't any longer.
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION], I'm originally from Indonesia and when I read your post my immediate thought was, "peanut sauce!" My mom used to make her own, pulverizing the peanuts in her blender. Let me see if i can dig up a recipe from one of my cookbooks.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
How nice of you to remember that I had a site, Roger :) I used to food blog but i don't any longer.
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION], I'm originally from Indonesia and when I read your post my immediate thought was, "peanut sauce!" My mom used to make her own, pulverizing the peanuts in her blender. Let me see if i can dig up a recipe from one of my cookbooks.
Great to hear from you. Where have you been?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Thank you much appreciated :)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
1 oz Vodka
1 oz White Rum
1 oz Tequilla
2 oz TripleSec
1.5 oz Sour Mix
2 oz Coke
Mix and pour over ice

That's the only sauce I need/know

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
1 oz Vodka
1 oz White Rum
1 oz Tequilla
2 oz TripleSec
1.5 oz Pucker Sour Mix
2 oz Coke
Mix and pour over ice

That's the only sauce I need/know

CRAP... I would have clients in a line up with your mix! Lolll

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION], sorry i'm so tardy with this recipe, but here's one that I dug out of my cookbook called Indonesian Regional Cooking (by Sri Owen):

PEANUT SAUCE (Sambal Kacang):

112ml vegetable oil
225g raw peanuts
2 cloves garlic chopped
4 shallots chopped
A thin slice of shrimp paste (optional)
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
450ml water
1 tbsp juice of lemon

Stir fry the peanuts for 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain in a colander, and leave to cool. Then pound or grind the nuts into a fine powder (use a blender or pestle/mortar). Discard the oil except for 1 tablespoonful.
Crush the garlic, shallots and shrimp paste in a mortar and a little salt and fry in the remaining oil for 1 min. Add the chili powder, sugar, soy sauce, and water. Bring this to a boil then add the ground peanuts. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce becomes thick, this should take 8-10min. Add the lemon juice and more salt if needed. When cool, store in a jar in the fridge. Reheat as required for use. Can keep in fridge for 1 week.

My mom used to make this type of peanut sauce often. We ate it with satay (skewered meat on a stick), or with anything really b/c it's SO GOOD!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Cheers dear xoxo

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I would will make it and give you my input.. I'm sure it's going to be Fantastico!!!!!

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.