Transportation

sdefilippo

Jul 4, 2016
Upstate, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno, Lola (2012 - 2016)
Hi all. I am rescuing a puppy mill Frenchie soon. I need help with transportation. She will be in NC and I am in NY. Any suggestions??

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
If it was me I would either fly down and drive a rental back or drive my own car down and back. How old is the frenchie?

OP
sdefilippo

sdefilippo

Jul 4, 2016
Upstate, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno, Lola (2012 - 2016)
It's almost 13 hours drive both way. Not sure about the age yet. The rescue is saving a few of them.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
It's almost 13 hours drive both way. Not sure about the age yet. The rescue is saving a few of them.

I just don't like the thought of putting a crated dog on a plane is why I said I would go about transporting it the way I would. I spent 10 hours on the road the day I picked up Chunky but that was driving round trip and includes my meeting up with the breeder. I took someone with me to hold him and he was just 13 weeks at the time.

OP
sdefilippo

sdefilippo

Jul 4, 2016
Upstate, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno, Lola (2012 - 2016)
I can't afford a plane ticket anyway.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I would contact other rescue organizations like Long Island bulldog rescue or bumper bulldog rescue and see if anyone in their organization could help out.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi all. I am rescuing a puppy mill Frenchie soon. I need help with transportation. She will be in NC and I am in NY. Any suggestions??

Lots of rescues have what they call 'bully/rescue trains' they send out FB messages and get people to drive legs of the trip. Ask the rescue you are working with if they have that available. Or if they know someone that you can contact that coordinates those transportion runs

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.