College Football 2016: Are You Ready For Some Football?

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I'm about an hour away from Vandy, but most people around here are diehard UT fans. Being from VA it's hard not to root for UVA or Va Tech...

I heard that Knoxville is CRAZY on game day, and the prices are outrageous... honestly I'd rather stay at home, make my own food and watch the game.

Knoxville can be crazy depending on who they are playing but its easy to avoid and the prices are high but they are at all games. I park about 3 miles away at the Womens Basketball Hall of Fame parking garage and ride a bus over which cost 15 bucks for parking and the round trip bus ticket so I avoid a lot of the mess that way.

The only college games I've been to that weren't wild are Miami games and that only because they are lucky to have a thousand people at the game and most are for the visiting team. UT probably has 75k at the games nobody cares about

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I'm a die-hard NC State Wolfpack supporter, from Raleigh but live 3 hours away now. Still get season Football tix and tailgate with one of my best friends. The Wolfpack has not been nationally relevant consistently since Philip Rivers suited up in the red and white but still turn out their fair share of NFL players and pull off a nice upset once in a while. Trying to build again the right way with a solid, young HC and versatile staff now. Very tough schedule this year with games at Clemson, Louisville and at home - (blessed with the presence of) Notre Dame :tongue:, FSU and Miami. Oh, and UNCheat is ranked in the top 25 preseason too, so I guess that factors in our strength of schedule as well. The Pack plays them in their concrete toilet bowl this year.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I'm a die-hard NC State Wolfpack supporter, from Raleigh but live 3 hours away now. Still get season Football tix and tailgate with one of my best friends. The Wolfpack has not been nationally relevant consistently since Philip Rivers suited up in the red and white but still turn out their fair share of NFL players and pull off a nice upset once in a while. Trying to build again the right way with a solid, young HC and versatile staff now. Very tough schedule this year with games at Clemson, Louisville and at home - (blessed with the presence of) Notre Dame :tongue:, FSU and Miami. Oh, and UNCheat is ranked in the top 25 preseason too, so I guess that factors in our strength of schedule as well. The Pack plays them in their concrete toilet bowl this year.

I will add you to our list. I wish you and your team the very best this year. The ACC has some teams in football...Watch out for Duke....I hear Coach K is an assistant in football.

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Oh Lord I hope not, Coach K gets away with enough in his sport. I don't blame Maryland for leaving the ACC one bit; although it still seems odd to me they are missing, but college conferences are all messed up geographically now. It's all about the big $. I often think maybe NCSU should do the same, it's awful sometimes being surrounded by fans of the shades of blue schools (most of which have never set foot on either campus, even for a game). Lefty Driesell is one of my all time favorite HC's, loved to watch him when the Terps came to Reynolds and Len Bias was probably the best player I ever saw in person. I technically saw David Thompson play but was too young to remember any details unfortunately.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
North Carolina is pretty much all ACC when you think about it. UNC, NC State, Duke and Wake Forest. Most of the time when I think of Clemson I almost place them in North Carolina because they are so close. The only school I think of that isn't ACC from North Carolina is ECU. I am just happy FSU isn't in the SEC but Clemson has been a real competitor for the last few years.

It seem like anytime I am not watching FSU play the lose to a lesser team but we beat or actually make a game of the better teams.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online