College Football 2016: Are You Ready For Some Football?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
OK...I am ready and my girl Jewel is ready for some football.
5799a748d55e6d28a1a7545ea61a739a.jpg

I will try to keep up with this during the season. If I leave anyone or their team off, just let me know and I will adjust for the following week. I will be adding names and teams that I have from the historical documents I retrieved from the spaceship. Some of these are also EBNers that we have not heard from in a long time. So here we go:
@HTX Bully 9/3/3016 12:00 pm. Houston Cougars playing at home against Oklahoma Sooners.
@Marine91 9/3/2016 1530 Hours Texas A&M playing at home against #16 UCLA.
@2BullyMama 9/3/2016 1530 hours Penn State playing at home against Kent State.

@sohatp and @GunnyHighway 9/3/2016 1200 hours #6 Ohio State playing at home against Bowling Green.
@TheLost 9/1/2016 2000 Hours ET Utah State playing at home against Weber State. Weber State Team shave their heads to support coaches wife with cancer.
@CHUNKyWhite 9/5/2016 200 hours #4 Florida State playing at home against #11 Ole Miss. Monday Night Football
@Chris RN 9/2/2016 1900 hours ET #12 Michigan State playing at home against Furman
@g8erjackie 9/3/2016 1930 hours ET #25 Florida playing at home against UMass.
@Old School Dropout 9/1/2016 1930 hours North Carolina State playing at home against William & Mary.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Oooh thanks [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] this is fun!

But I'm a University of Florida Gator not a Florida State Seminole [emoji13]

I'll be cheering for Ole Miss for that game

My guys play 9/3/2016 against UMass

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Oooh thanks [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] this is fun!

My bad. Your right and I knew that. I'll fix it when I get back in the house.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Go Noles!!

The starting QB has been suspended for the Ole Miss game so who knows how that one will go. I think the only game we should have to worry about is the Clemson game. Thank god FSU isn't in the SEC

I hope Tennessee has a good year also since I live close to Knoxville and have been to more of their games than any other college team. Its nice having friends with season tickets who's wives don't go to every game.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Go Noles!!

The starting QB has been suspended for the Ole Miss game so who knows how that one will go. I think the only game we should have to worry about is the Clemson game. Thank god FSU isn't in the SEC

I hope Tennessee has a good year also since I live close to Knoxville and have been to more of their games than any other college team. Its nice having friends with season tickets who's wives don't go to every game.
I agree. We'll shall see what the season brings.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oooh thanks @rjisaterp this is fun!

FIXED. It must be dementia because your handle is "g8er" duh. My blonde moment. Sorry.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YEAH!! College ball.... Lets go PSU!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Go Noles!!

I really do not recall if [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] is a Vol fan or not. But she might go to a game with ya.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I really do not recall if [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] is a Vol fan or not. But she might go to a game with ya.

Her and ddnene both live closer to Vanderbilt and MTSU but could possibly be UT fans. My nephew and I am going to the Tennessee vs Appalachian State game Sept 1st at UT but don't know if I will go to anymore there this year. I would like to go to a game at Clemson which is a really nice campus and stadium and possibly one at either Appalachian State or Va Tech. Appy State is the closest of all of them and Va Tech is supposed to be a great stadium also.

When I lived in Miami I went to a lot of Miami games when they were playing teams worth watching. I watched FSU win the Orange bowl and a few weeks later Bama and Notre Dame at in the National Championship game. I miss being that close to college and pro stadiums.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Her and ddnene both live closer to Vanderbilt and MTSU but could possibly be UT fans. My nephew and I am going to the Tennessee vs Appalachian State game Sept 1st at UT but don't know if I will go to anymore there this year. I would like to go to a game at Clemson which is a really nice campus and stadium and possibly one at either Appalachian State or Va Tech. Appy State is the closest of all of them and Va Tech is supposed to be a great stadium also.

When I lived in Miami I went to a lot of Miami games when they were playing teams worth watching. I watched FSU win the Orange bowl and a few weeks later Bama and Notre Dame at in the National Championship game. I miss being that close to college and pro stadiums.

It really depends who is playing and in which stadium. My wife and I had season tickets to Maryland but gave them up because UMD wanted more money. There were many games where the the drunks were out and very rowdy. The additional money was just not worth it. Now we sit at home drinking cold beer munching on good chop chop and do not have to pay $4.25 for a bottle of Aquafina. And we can see the game OK on our TV. Just got to sit closer and squint. :yes:

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
It really depends who is playing and in which stadium. My wife and I had season tickets to Maryland but gave them up because UMD wanted more money. There were many games where the the drunks were out and very rowdy. The additional money was just not worth it. Now we sit at home drinking cold beer munching on good chop chop and do not have to pay $4.25 for a bottle of Aquafina. And we can see the game OK on our TV. Just got to sit closer and squint. :yes:

I usually just go to games where bigger teams are playing but I am going to the UT vs Appy State game because they are both teams close to where I live. Appalachian State has upset some big teams over the years so hopefully it will be interesting. Neyland Stadium is a dry stadium so there won't be any drinking going on at the game but pregame can be wild at UT. With it being a thursday game it might not be. I think beer was $10 at Sunlife stadium but there never was a crowd at Miami games or even the Orange Bowl with FSU and Northern Illinois but the National Championship was a party.

I try to go see FSU vs Clemson when they play at Clemson but thats an away game this year. Clemson has some hostile fans when they are losing though. LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

I had PSU season tickets for about 6 years and it just got to expensive... being 4 hours away, getting a hotel room, 4$ for a bottle of water and 6 hours to get out of town.... then the seat fee came into play and I was out. Now, all my Saturdays in the fall are in front of the TV watching the best games of the week and routing for PSU and whoever is playing Norte Dame :D

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Yes! Go Dawgs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I'm about an hour away from Vandy, but most people around here are diehard UT fans. Being from VA it's hard not to root for UVA or Va Tech...

I heard that Knoxville is CRAZY on game day, and the prices are outrageous... honestly I'd rather stay at home, make my own food and watch the game.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.