Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: College Football 2016: Are You Ready For Some Football?

Feed Store Operator MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: College Football 2016: Are You Ready For Some Football?

Yes! Go Dawgs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MissWaddles13 View Post
    Yes! Go Dawgs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is this in reference to the UG Bulldogs?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    Her and ddnene both live closer to Vanderbilt and MTSU but could possibly be UT fans. My nephew and I am going to the Tennessee vs Appalachian State game Sept 1st at UT but don't know if I will go to anymore there this year. I would like to go to a game at Clemson which is a really nice campus and stadium and possibly one at either Appalachian State or Va Tech. Appy State is the closest of all of them and Va Tech is supposed to be a great stadium also.

When I lived in Miami I went to a lot of Miami games when they were playing teams worth watching. I watched FSU win the Orange bowl and a few weeks later Bama and Notre Dame at in the National Championship game. I miss being that close to college and pro stadiums.
    I'm about an hour away from Vandy, but most people around here are diehard UT fans. Being from VA it's hard not to root for UVA or Va Tech...

I heard that Knoxville is CRAZY on game day, and the prices are outrageous... honestly I'd rather stay at home, make my own food and watch the game.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

4. Likes 2BullyMama, rjisaterp, Chunky White liked this post
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I'm about an hour away from Vandy, but most people around here are diehard UT fans. Being from VA it's hard not to root for UVA or Va Tech...

I heard that Knoxville is CRAZY on game day, and the prices are outrageous... honestly I'd rather stay at home, make my own food and watch the game.
    Knoxville can be crazy depending on who they are playing but its easy to avoid and the prices are high but they are at all games. I park about 3 miles away at the Womens Basketball Hall of Fame parking garage and ride a bus over which cost 15 bucks for parking and the round trip bus ticket so I avoid a lot of the mess that way.

The only college games I've been to that weren't wild are Miami games and that only because they are lucky to have a thousand people at the game and most are for the visiting team. UT probably has 75k at the games nobody cares about

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

6. Likes rjisaterp, ddnene liked this post
    Wrinkle Wiper Old School Dropout's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

I'm a die-hard NC State Wolfpack supporter, from Raleigh but live 3 hours away now. Still get season Football tix and tailgate with one of my best friends. The Wolfpack has not been nationally relevant consistently since Philip Rivers suited up in the red and white but still turn out their fair share of NFL players and pull off a nice upset once in a while. Trying to build again the right way with a solid, young HC and versatile staff now. Very tough schedule this year with games at Clemson, Louisville and at home - (blessed with the presence of) Notre Dame , FSU and Miami. Oh, and UNCheat is ranked in the top 25 preseason too, so I guess that factors in our strength of schedule as well. The Pack plays them in their concrete toilet bowl this year.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Dropout View Post
    I'm a die-hard NC State Wolfpack supporter, from Raleigh but live 3 hours away now. Still get season Football tix and tailgate with one of my best friends. The Wolfpack has not been nationally relevant consistently since Philip Rivers suited up in the red and white but still turn out their fair share of NFL players and pull off a nice upset once in a while. Trying to build again the right way with a solid, young HC and versatile staff now. Very tough schedule this year with games at Clemson, Louisville and at home - (blessed with the presence of) Notre Dame , FSU and Miami. Oh, and UNCheat is ranked in the top 25 preseason too, so I guess that factors in our strength of schedule as well. The Pack plays them in their concrete toilet bowl this year.
    I will add you to our list. I wish you and your team the very best this year. The ACC has some teams in football...Watch out for Duke....I hear Coach K is an assistant in football.

9. Likes Old School Dropout liked this post
    Wrinkle Wiper Old School Dropout's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Oh Lord I hope not, Coach K gets away with enough in his sport. I don't blame Maryland for leaving the ACC one bit; although it still seems odd to me they are missing, but college conferences are all messed up geographically now. It's all about the big $. I often think maybe NCSU should do the same, it's awful sometimes being surrounded by fans of the shades of blue schools (most of which have never set foot on either campus, even for a game). Lefty Driesell is one of my all time favorite HC's, loved to watch him when the Terps came to Reynolds and Len Bias was probably the best player I ever saw in person. I technically saw David Thompson play but was too young to remember any details unfortunately.

11. Likes Chunky White liked this post
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

North Carolina is pretty much all ACC when you think about it. UNC, NC State, Duke and Wake Forest. Most of the time when I think of Clemson I almost place them in North Carolina because they are so close. The only school I think of that isn't ACC from North Carolina is ECU. I am just happy FSU isn't in the SEC but Clemson has been a real competitor for the last few years.

It seem like anytime I am not watching FSU play the lose to a lesser team but we beat or actually make a game of the better teams.

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

13. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads