Tragically Hip

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Watching the Tragically Hip. Giving his last concert in Kingston Ontario where they first started. It's live on tv :yes:
He's dying (cancer) so he wanted his last concert live so everyone can enjoy. Greatest, original down to earth group ive every seen in my lifetime. Going to miss Gord Downie and the Hip. Canadian Icon at it's best!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Watching the Tragically Hip. Giving his last concert in Kingston Ontario where they first started. It's live on tv :yes:
He's dying (cancer) so he wanted his last concert live so everyone can enjoy. Greatest, original down to earth group ive every seen in my lifetime. Going to miss Gord Downie and the Hip. Canadian Icon at it's best!

To be perfectly honest, I have never heard of this group or then again maybe I have. What kind of music do they play? I think it is great that performers give free shows because nowadays concerts are so darn expensive.

Now back in the day I did say a Canadian group called Rush and they were performing their 2112 music. I paid $7.00 to see them at the Armadillo World Headquarters in Austin Texas. Threadgills Restaurant sits next to the building where the Armadillo once stood.

Glad you enjoyed the concert. I enjoyed Rush.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
To be perfectly honest, I have never heard of this group or then again maybe I have. What kind of music do they play? I think it is great that performers give free shows because nowadays concerts are so darn expensive.

Now back in the day I did say a Canadian group called Rush and they were performing their 2112 music. I paid $7.00 to see them at the Armadillo World Headquarters in Austin Texas. Threadgills Restaurant sits next to the building where the Armadillo once stood.

Glad you enjoyed the concert. I enjoyed Rush.

tragically hip songs - Google Search

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

I am listening to your band on you tube and looked up the band on Wikipedia. What a shame about the lead singer. God must have something planned for Gord. I also read the final tour that the tickets were scooped up by scalpers who marked them up by 2,000% and sold on StuHub. There should be a law about that.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I am listening to your band on you tube and looked up the band on Wikipedia. What a shame about the lead singer. God must have something planned for Gord. I also read the final tour that the tickets were scooped up by scalpers who marked them up by 2,000% and sold on StuHub. There should be a law about that.

Seems the cops where all over that posing as buyers and got a few scalpers. This is why at The Hip gave their last concert live on tv to give back to all Canadians to have been with them throughout 30ish years.

Scalping, their should be more police on them. I wanted to go see U2 ans took 1minute all sold. Iwas on the phone n online same time and couldn't even get on. What's the point.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.