Voles!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Voles! What the heck ore Voles? My definition...the are vegetarian field mice. Ate my plants....Ba$tard$. My Zucchini and Cucumbers are now gone. They have not messed with my peppers or green beans yet. These lil' SOB's are going to be wiped out somehow...some way. Any suggestions?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
There are things at the garden/feed store that you put in the ground,and they make a noise that is supposed to scare them off. Don't know it they really work. Hard to get rid of them,,,,they are underground!

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
I was told the only way to get rid of them is to kill them all off and even then they will come back to their "home turf" they have created paths all through my yard. Also putting grub killer down helps reduce their food sources. I'd be weary of poisons but there are ones you can put in the ground too. I don't like killing them so I just let it be : /

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
There are things at the garden/feed store that you put in the ground,and they make a noise that is supposed to scare them off. Don't know it they really work. Hard to get rid of them,,,,they are underground!

Yes I got those. The are good for Moles but not Voles. And I'm not talking about any of those Tenn Vols either.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Oh yeah, the Tn ones have orange hair and eat Terps! [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION]

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was told the only way to get rid of them is to kill them all off and even then they will come back to their "home turf" they have created paths all through my yard. Also putting grub killer down helps reduce their food sources. I'd be weary of poisons but there are ones you can put in the ground too. I don't like killing them so I just let it be : /

Well I am somehow some way going to eradicate these things. I am going to have to get my Camo's out and get some fireworks/firecrackers and give new meaning to turning my soil. These aren't just any kind of Voles...these are Maryland Voles. I am just going to go Arnold on these little Ba$tard$. Incoming! Shock and Awe! Get down and get funky. Maybe some of those metal pungie sticks for this problem as well.

I will not use poison either even though the garden is fenced off.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey [MENTION=8958]natski282[/MENTION] do you have this issue at all or is the Tundra still frozen?

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Bhahahaha!!! Get them! I think they do sell the metal thingy's that kill them and they you pull it out. My reason for poison was my cat, he's always killing those suckers. Maybe you need a parade of cats?? LOL Plus what if bunch die and it starts skinking, ew. Good luck!

Well I am somehow some way going to eradicate these things. I am going to have to get my Camo's out and get some fireworks/firecrackers and give new meaning to turning my soil. These aren't just any kind of Voles...these are Maryland Voles. I am just going to go Arnold on these little Ba$tard$. Incoming! Shock and Awe! Get down and get funky. Maybe some of those metal pungie sticks for this problem as well.

I will not use poison either even though the garden is fenced off.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bhahahaha!!! Get them! I think they do sell the metal thingy's that kill them and they you pull it out. My reason for poison was my cat, he's always killing those suckers. Maybe you need a parade of cats?? LOL Plus what if bunch die and it starts skinking, ew. Good luck!

We have feral cats in the neighborhood, but they stay clear because my watchdog aka bloodhound Jewel is chasing them away.

Well I was using firecrackers in some of the holes and I mistakenly pulled out an M-80 toilet burster. Man did that make a big boom, woke up half the neighborhood, and splattered cauliflower all over my camo fatigues. I caught hell from my wife to boot. RJ don't you know it is after 10PM and now Jewel and Bentley are barking their heads off with you making all that noise. "Yes dear." Then I told her I thought I saw Ted Cruz. She said he is not here and you need to get inside and quit with those voles. "Yes dear." Well there is this afternoon after work.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Voles! What the heck ore Voles? My definition...the are vegetarian field mice. Ate my plants....Ba$tard$. My Zucchini and Cucumbers are now gone. They have not messed with my peppers or green beans yet. These lil' SOB's are going to be wiped out somehow...some way. Any suggestions?

We have Moles never heard of a vole , and your answer is get a Nelli she bags them weekly , now that said she wants to be paid , she like My cukes and takes them too !

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
those little bastards are killing our lawn! they eat the darn roots and then you have a maze of dead grass --- we also have feral cats in the area so they must have scared them off as we have not seen much dead grass in the past few weeks --- that or the heat

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
:laugh:

We have feral cats in the neighborhood, but they stay clear because my watchdog aka bloodhound Jewel is chasing them away.

Well I was using firecrackers in some of the holes and I mistakenly pulled out an M-80 toilet burster. Man did that make a big boom, woke up half the neighborhood, and splattered cauliflower all over my camo fatigues. I caught hell from my wife to boot. RJ don't you know it is after 10PM and now Jewel and Bentley are barking their heads off with you making all that noise. "Yes dear." Then I told her I thought I saw Ted Cruz. She said he is not here and you need to get inside and quit with those voles. "Yes dear." Well there is this afternoon after work.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We have Moles never heard of a vole , and your answer is get a Nelli she bags them weekly , now that said she wants to be paid , she like My cukes and takes them too !

What the heck is a Nelli (i.e person, place, or thing)?

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
we actually have a lot Roger , the dogs hunt them down pretty good and deer also they chase . Not sure which has been worse this year to be honest

Well I'm not glad you have those Voles...but for me...I am going to terminate them thar Voles with extreme prejudice. Did the firecracker thing last night until I was told I could not play soldier anymore. I'll get them...Yes...terminate with extreme prejudice. :soldier1:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.