Happy 4th of July Everyone.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:up: [emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you, Monica! Super hot & humid here with heat advisories (Central Texas)
so Cami & I stayed home & watched 'Lonesome Dove' (all 10 hrs of it), hadn't seen
it in so long, such a wonderful movie! Also, 'The Right Stuff', one of my all time favs.
Minimal cooking, baked chicken breasts, green beans & pasta, shared with Cami :)
My son was in & out but spent most of the weekend & today with gf's family at their
big ranch & in the swimming pool & her Mom & Grandmom's homecoming, lots of
extended family visiting so big 4th party!

How was your version, Canada Day, on July 1st go? Did y'all go elsewhere or stay home?

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thank you, Monica! Super hot & humid here with heat advisories (Central Texas)
so Cami & I stayed home & watched 'Lonesome Dove' (all 10 hrs of it), hadn't seen
it in so long, such a wonderful movie! Also, 'The Right Stuff', one of my all time favs.
Minimal cooking, baked chicken breasts, green beans & pasta, shared with Cami :)
My son was in & out but spent most of the weekend & today with gf's family at their
big ranch & in the swimming pool & her Mom & Grandmom's homecoming, lots of
extended family visiting so big 4th party!

How was your version, Canada Day, on July 1st go? Did y'all go elsewhere or stay home?

Hi Carol, it's been hot and sticky here as well, but we are supposed to get more reasonable temperatures by the weekend.
I have never seen Lonesome Dove, but now you've piqued my interest lol. Our Canada fell on a Friday this year, so hubby, daughter and SIL were off for the Stat holiday. It rained most of the day, but stopped by late afternoon, we stayed home all day, and then went to see the Fireworks in the evening. We were planning on going to Canada's Wonderland and go on all the rides, and then stay for their fireworks, but with the rain, and it being a holiday, we thought it would be too busy, and the lines too long, so we decided to go on Monday instead and the kids spent the morning and early afternoon in the water park, and then went on rides in the late afternoon and evening. Hubby took a vacation day for an extended long weekend, and my daughter and SIL are on vacation for 2 weeks. Saturday I cleaned the house, and we barbecued, nothing fancy, just hotdogs and burgers, Sunday we went to Costco and grocery shopping, so was pretty busy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 101

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi Carol, it's been hot and sticky here as well, but we are supposed to get more reasonable temperatures by the weekend.
I have never seen Lonesome Dove, but now you've piqued my interest lol. Our Canada fell on a Friday this year, so hubby, daughter and SIL were off for the Stat holiday. It rained most of the day, but stopped by late afternoon, we stayed home all day, and then went to see the Fireworks in the evening. We were planning on going to Canada's Wonderland and go on all the rides, and then stay for their fireworks, but with the rain, and it being a holiday, we thought it would be too busy, and the lines too long, so we decided to go on Monday instead and the kids spent the morning and early afternoon in the water park, and then went on rides in the late afternoon and evening. Hubby took a vacation day for an extended long weekend, and my daughter and SIL are on vacation for 2 weeks. Saturday I cleaned the house, and we barbecued, nothing fancy, just hotdogs and burgers, Sunday we went to Costco and grocery shopping, so was pretty busy.

Wow, y'all did a lot and sounds wonderful too...I miss the days when I had great health & energy.
Was never home, my ex husband described me as 'living in the road' and I really did. It didn't hurt
that my road vehicle was a '72 'lil red Corvette with a built big block (my ex built, a drag racer & high
performance engine builder) 4 spd, hardtop convertible, what a joy to roar down the highway! Owned
it for a decade, only sold it to finance my divorce & move back to TX from Jackson, MS, still miss it.

You must watch 'Lonesome Dove' with Robert Duval & Tommy Lee Jones, 2 former TX Rangers that
cleared out the Wild West of Indians & Bandits. It won all sorts of awards & earned them all. It aired
as a 4 part series (2 hrs each) and taken from Larry Mc Murtry's book of same name. Anjelica Huston,
a young Dianne Ladd & Skeet Ulrich....omg...FABULOUS...people loved it that didn't even care about
Westerns!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Happy fifth :drink: y'all! I spent the fourth trying to calm my dogs. I said it was usually quiet here-well I WAZ wrong! Someone had their own fireworks-big time. Then there were fireworks on the river,fireworks in town,thunder-lions,tiger,and bears-OH MY! my poor dogs were terrified,wouldn't even go out last night! First time ever such fireworks-I'll have to order a bushel of thundershirts for next year-and a bushel of booze for me,it the shirts don't work! Oh what a night:hissy:

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Happy fifth :drink: y'all! I spent the fourth trying to calm my dogs. I said it was usually quiet here-well I WAZ wrong! Someone had their own fireworks-big time. Then there were fireworks on the river,fireworks in town,thunder-lions,tiger,and bears-OH MY! my poor dogs were terrified,wouldn't even go out last night! First time ever such fireworks-I'll have to order a bushel of thundershirts for next year-and a bushel of booze for me,it the shirts don't work! Oh what a night:hissy:

Oh no! Guess y'all are dragging today ;(

So many accidents too, dread reading about them the next day.

They should be not be sold to the public anymore for these reasons
& more. Most animals are terrified as our the many Veterans w/PTSD.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Oh no! Guess y'all are dragging today ;(

So many accidents too, dread reading about them the next day.

They should be not be sold to the public anymore for these reasons
& more. Most animals are terrified as our the many Veterans w/PTSD.
se
I agree. If the dogs are so terrified,imagine how our servicemen who had been deployed handle/can not handle it.

Most Reactions