Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Everything is falling apart! Have two useless sons who only care about their families,I have had it! That's the name of that tune.:gloom::cry::hissy2::pouting::moping:

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
You have us Lynn! We are here for you :) I feel your pain, I just got out of a 10 year relationship and I feel like I'm starting all over again.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
It's ok to let out a good cry :) I will pray for you[emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I commiserate with you, my dear Sister and here (always) for you.

You've been on my mind even more so than usual, now I know why.

Strengthening my prayers for you...you don't deserve the troubles you
endure, so many questions WHY the good people suffer...I'm sorry :(

Sending huge hugs of LOVE.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Whoa are you kidding Me If I was not happily married ........ I think you are the most wonderful person and consider you such a inspiration to not only Me but many here and no doubt others .
No more of this sick of life stuff , it is short enough as we both know EH ( had to do the CDN thingy there )
You look back at our convo,s , the love and compassion you have is a gift my friend you have always and will continue to always be a example too what people should work towards that to Me is one in a Million Lynn.
Pm Me there phone Numbers I will tell em what they are missing out on and maybe some other stuff them might not want to hear !
I love ya Bro you wanna yell at someone cry kick butt whatever I am around ok !!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Good Morning Lynn!!

Hope you are feeling better today, You have been nothing but a kind wonderful person for the short time I have know you. So I say this with the same love you have shown me, dont make me have to pack up Ellie and come down there and show those boys NJ Crazy!!:stinkeye::nonono:

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
I know what you mean - I have two sons also who hardly ever call or visit - too busy with their lives and families also. At least I have EBN and my babies - Punk and Missy. They are getting really good at giving their momma love as I cry every night wanting a do-over. Hang in there - we can survive this !!!! :yes:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I always believed that whatever happens in our life is for a reason. We learn from the issue and it makes us stronger :yes:

Ive worked with young adults 16 -35 for years and no matter what side of the plant you are they are all the same. They reach an age they are all busy with their families and friends. That's fine, as parents we need to accept and back up for a little bit. ( this is MY opinion ) My 2 sons too, they are always busy which is great cause at that age so was I raising them, going camping, soccer etc etc. I take it as " now it's their turn". Funny, when they dont hear from me, they call see what im up too. We are a very close family but like you, they do their thing and they forget we are there. You know what, it's fine. This is where I have my "me" time and loving it. Love my space.

Lynn, just do what you have to. You got a few puppies that are there with you and you have us members in here. Do what they do, back off and see what happens. if they have children and needs you to babysit, say no you are busy or going out...and do go out and have fun girl...Trust me they are going to wonder what you're up to and grab their attention. Go out, go see some of your friends, go mingle or even in dog parks we meet new friends. I dont know you so im not saying this to be pushy. Just ive worked my last 9 years in the adult sector from 16-80yrs old student. Mostly 16-35yrs old and I learned so much with all these international students. Im Italian and very close to my sons. But I need my space and so do them. It's part of life and it's all good. You're " inspirational " good soul Lynn. Never beat yourself like that. Time to think of "you" now..."ME TIME" That's my 2 cents worth.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm SO very sorry to hear this Lynn... you know how much we LOVE you on here.

I don't even want to get started w/my kids... 21 & 15 I feel we are living in the pit of HELL :evil: The hubby and I always joke that we should of got more dogs instead of having kids... LMAO!!! I absolutely ADORE my grandson, too bad he wasn't born first... Lol

OP
Manydogs

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Thank you @helsonwheels My sons are grown men. I do not nag them,or expect much from them-I don't even hear from the preacher. The other one knows me when HE needs something. I have had 10 years of me time. Too much time alone. EBN has saved my life. But when everything starts breaking,You have ticks on your backand can't reach them, vehicles refuse to start,and leaking-and you can't get anyone to do anything,even when you want to pay-(and everything happens at once) I get freaked out! @Texas Carol @Annie1991
I think we have an exclusive club. Melissa [MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] I am a Jersey "girl" stuck in Tn.!!! Thanks for all the pep talks. I am still freaked!!!!!:fie:

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Thank you @helsonwheels My sons are grown men. I do not nag them,or expect much from them-I don't even hear from the preacher. The other one knows me when HE needs something. I have had 10 years of me time. Too much time alone. EBN has saved my life. But when everything starts breaking,You have ticks on your backand can't reach them, vehicles refuse to start,and leaking-and you can't get anyone to do anything,even when you want to pay-(and everything happens at once) I get freaked out! @Texas Carol @Annie1991
I think we have an exclusive club. Melissa @MFrey2012 I am a Jersey "girl" stuck in Tn.!!! Thanks for all the pep talks. I am still freaked!!!!!:fie:

I know - I'm a widow and have been for 14 years now - I never thought I would end up alone - it sucks ! I have to remind myself that God has a reason for me waking up every morning ! But like I said - WE WILL SURVIVE ! May not seem like it right now, but WE WILL ! :2thumbs:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]...

Great post & so true in many cases, young men being busy but basically around & certainly, available if REALLY needed.

What is applicable here is something different and going on all over and increasingly, more often. It is the almost and
often, total lack of interest or regard of parents, ill, widowed & isolated needing HELP not just attention (altho that would
be nice too). Who else should you look to in times of need but family and more specifically, grown children? Why these
adult children care so little for us is anyone's guess but they don't...and feel (seemingly) no shame or guilt.

My husband died almost 4 years ago, I was caring for my Mother, 2 years living in our home at that time & entering latter
stages of Alzheimer's, then I cared for her another 2 years. I have a brother & 2 sisters, all younger than me. I helped Mother bring them up (Dad was an alcoholic & undependable) taking care of all their needs as 2nd Mom from 5th grade on then putting off college to help with their school needs with my salary too. Never made it to college as life took a different path but wanted to go all my life...dream deferred, 1st of many.

Hubby died & everything changed, I was disabled, Mom on SS (lost my health ins. too) & ultimately, my home. Not ONE of them showed up to help me move our Mother & myself, 4 hrs away, to my home as we'd moved to E. Texas for Hubby's job just 10 mo's early. Not ONE took Mother off my hands, even for a weekend, as I made arrangements, etc & dealt with his sudden, unexpected death. Not one called our Son to talk to him about his Dad's death or offer condolences...Why?...Who knows?...no fights had happened, no troubles between us, etc. Just didn't and still don't, give a damn...selfish, shallow, empty people only about themselves & their needs. They all go to church & quote the Bible, they'd all lived at my house during times of their need, welcomed, fed & sheltered but nothing from them for their Mother or myself & Son in our need.

There are no answers for these things other than the times we are living in, I feel sorrow that Lynn, Annie & others are experiencing these things too. Like myself & as Annie says, you don't see yourself ending up this way but here we are and all we can do is make the best of it (and we do). But, every now & then, as Lynn says, everything breaks down including yourself and your coping systems break down too. Then, our realities of just how alone we are & needing much more than what we have, what we make do with, get by on & physically, mentally & financially are unable to do by ourselves.

The crap hits the fan...once again.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]...

Great post & so true in many cases, young men being busy but basically around & certainly, available if REALLY needed.

What is applicable here is something different and going on all over and increasingly, more often. It is the almost and
often, total lack of interest or regard of parents, ill, widowed & isolated needing HELP not just attention (altho that would
be nice too). Who else should you look to in times of need but family and more specifically, grown children? Why these
adult children care so little for us is anyone's guess but they don't...and feel (seemingly) no shame or guilt.

My husband died almost 4 years ago, I was caring for my Mother, 2 years living in our home at that time & entering latter
stages of Alzheimer's, then I cared for her another 2 years. I have a brother & 2 sisters, all younger than me. I helped Mother bring them up (Dad was an alcoholic & undependable) taking care of all their needs as 2nd Mom from 5th grade on then putting off college to help with their school needs with my salary too. Never made it to college as life took a different path but wanted to go all my life...dream deferred, 1st of many.

Hubby died & everything changed, I was disabled, Mom on SS (lost my health ins. too) & ultimately, my home. Not ONE of them showed up to help me move our Mother & myself, 4 hrs away, to my home as we'd moved to E. Texas for Hubby's job just 10 mo's early. Not ONE took Mother off my hands, even for a weekend, as I made arrangements, etc & dealt with his sudden, unexpected death. Not one called our Son to talk to him about his Dad's death or offer condolences...Why?...Who knows?...no fights had happened, no troubles between us, etc. Just didn't and still don't, give a damn...selfish, shallow, empty people only about themselves & their needs. They all go to church & quote the Bible, they'd all lived at my house during times of their need, welcomed, fed & sheltered but nothing from them for their Mother or myself & Son in our need.

There are no answers for these things other than the times we are living in, I feel sorrow that Lynn, Annie & others are experiencing these things too. Like myself & as Annie says, you don't see yourself ending up this way but here we are and all we can do is make the best of it (and we do). But, every now & then, as Lynn says, everything breaks down including yourself and your coping systems break down too. Then, our realities of just how alone we are & needing much more than what we have, what we make do with, get by on & physically, mentally & financially are unable to do by ourselves.

The crap hits the fan...once again.

I see now. Why I said I dont know you..but... sad to say but we have to rely just on yourselves. It's today's life. Maybe one day kids will wake up and smell the coffee and realize moms/dads needs help. I always said...the day I go up there I have a few words to discuss with the big guy. I have a lot of "WHY questions! "

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online