ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
All of these stories break my heart... :(

My grandfather is still living, and he lives about 5 hours from me. He had 3 children, and a pack of us grandkids... I go to see him at least twice a year, sometimes more often if I can. Hubby travels a lot so it's not that easy being a single parent/grandparent most of the time. Do you know that me & my mother are the ONLY ones that contact him at ALL?!! OH the other's do occasionally to ask for MONEY :stinkeye:... they can't even bother to send b-day or father's day cards. It makes me physically sick, I know that NONE of them were raised that way... but I'm SURE they will come to the funeral to see if they can get any inheritance.

What the HELL has happened these days?!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Lynn, how I wish you lived closer. I would make the drive just to help you with whatever you need, plus I would get to see all those babies! Your sons are wrong for their actions, and honestly they are the ones losing here. I would love a mother with a heart as big as yours. I look up to you and admire you greatly. We will always have bad days, but things will always work themselves out one way or another! They always do! We are all here thinking of you, sending you love, and praying for you daily ;)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hi [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] say it ain't so. To my partner in crime delivering almost inappropriate comments and posts, you should know by now that raising kids/teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a tree. I recall I posted a comment that when I was born, the Dead Sea was only sick and you chimed in that when you were born the Dead Sea was a resort. Let's face it, we are both as old as our tongues and slightly older than our teeth. We also should know that wrinkles do not hurt and that growing old is mandatory whereas growing up is optional. And the fact that middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber and not the toy.

I want warn you that you should not try to buy crap that is on an infomercial because it most of the times just doesn't work. Crap I got some of that anti-aging cream crap and all of my hair fell out. I had to set my alarm for 3AM just to see if I glowed in the dark. When I woke up, I had hair growing in the palms of my hands. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! I tried to shave it but it grew right back. I wore gloves to work just to hide my hands from my co-workers. I did have to remove the gloves using the men's room and someone noticed my hands and then mentioned I should wash my hands a little better. So it goes to show you that

Now I am not the best dad who has two daughters one of whom is not talking to me. Yes they are on the west coast and I am on the east coast. They are the products of a divorce when I was young and dumb but they were the two best things that came out of that marriage. The one who does talk to me prefers to text message as opposed to calling me. Same goes for Father's Day just a text. But that was OK as I was in Colorado and was with my brother and sister talking about how inappropriate my brother was. My brother earned the nickname Captain Inappropriate. So it goes to show you that families are like fudge.....mostly sweet but with a few nuts.

Speaking of nuts...I was walking Bentley outside on his leash in the backyard and there is a huge white oak tree which brings to mind that that oak tree is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

Now that you seem to have fallen down, you should probably wonder what else you can do while you're down there. Time maybe a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.

My dear gal always remember that wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. I consider you a friend so pick yourself up, brush yourself off and continue to march. --rj

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[emoji35][emoji35].... People SUCK!!!
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] [MENTION=5712]Annie1991[/MENTION] I say the 3 of you move in together and enjoy each others love and friendship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Only if we can move to where the temp does not get above 50. We are going to have 100+ temp next week and probably until Oct or Nov. lol

OP
Manydogs

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Okay-you ALL who have put up with me all this time and the BIG FREAK OUT.I am sorry. Many things happened at once,I got overwhelmed,and I had to vent somewhere,and you "guys" were the only place I could go-I am embarassed :blush::eek::ashamed:for this. I also want to apologize because I realize that there are people with much worse problems and I had a "PITY PARTY" of one. Thank you all who responded with such kindness-it really helped and you are true friends-and I have never used that word lightly. p.s. [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] maybe you should introduce me to your grandfather!:D :havemyheart:you all!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Okay-you ALL who have put up with me all this time and the BIG FREAK OUT.I am sorry. Many things happened at once,I got overwhelmed,and I had to vent somewhere,and you "guys" were the only place I could go-I am embarassed :blush::eek::ashamed:for this. I also want to apologize because I realize that there are people with much worse problems and I had a "PITY PARTY" of one. Thank you all who responded with such kindness-it really helped and you are true friends-and I have never used that word lightly. p.s. @ddnene maybe you should introduce me to your grandfather!:D :havemyheart:you all!

I will not accept your apology. You are free to vent, and let it all out anytime. Especially to us. When it rains it pours, and things always happen all together like a big cluster! Love you and your pity party - hee hee.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I will not accept your apology. You are free to vent, and let it all out anytime. Especially to us. When it rains it pours, and things always happen all together like a big cluster! Love you and your pity party - hee hee.

Yeah... What Jessica said!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Okay-you ALL who have put up with me all this time and the BIG FREAK OUT.I am sorry. Many things happened at once,I got overwhelmed,and I had to vent somewhere,and you "guys" were the only place I could go-I am embarassed :blush::eek::ashamed:for this. I also want to apologize because I realize that there are people with much worse problems and I had a "PITY PARTY" of one. Thank you all who responded with such kindness-it really helped and you are true friends-and I have never used that word lightly. p.s. [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] maybe you should introduce me to your grandfather!:D :havemyheart:you all!
Hey watch it gal I thought we had something going.

Glad you shook it off. Now I'm off to get my computer fixed and then stop for some provisions for the weekend festivities.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I call it Murphy's Law. Anything that can happen...will.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
If you are willing to call us friends then let us do what friends do.

And yeah, many have it worse that us...and so? It doesn't make
our problems less hurtful or worrisome or less important.

You matter to us, Lynn and as much as you care about us, that's how
much we care about you.

As friends do :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Holy cowabunga girl.... ya can "vent" allllll you want! See, after reading all of our 2 cents, today you feel better :yes:

Hey I have my next door neighbour just turned 92!! I am the one that shovels winter for her while doing my house, bungalows, cut her side of grass and her damm kids all rich n comfortable living on their oil patch pension cant even help her out!!! Then one day it dawned on me... they're in their dammm 70's :excited: duhhhhh me. But still, they can at lease hire a Landscaping company!!!!

See, there is NO age to be selfish! Karma is always around the corner. What comes around goes around!

So you young lady VENT as much as you want!!!! :yes4:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[emoji35][emoji35].... People SUCK!!!
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] [MENTION=5712]Annie1991[/MENTION]
I say the 3 of you move in together and enjoy each others love and friendship

Christine...I'm in complete agreement with you! And, looking for like minded people to join me.

We could share a nice, roomy house in a safe neighborhood, use our individual talents & strengths
to form our own family. I've found a few nice, small homes but those neighborhoods are full of riff
riff looking for low rent too. My Son rented an adorable house in a 'lil neighborhood that used to be
families & family owned, no crime. The day he looked at it, the owner (who had lived w/his family
there for yrs) was installing new window A/C, Son took it on the spot & gave a cash deposit. The
NEXT day as he pulled up to the house, police were there, taking a theft report, A/C gone! Police
told my Son the neighborhood was full of thugs now. My Son (naturally) decided not to rent it as
he's gone long hours. The owner gave 1/2 his deposit back (omg, was I pissed) but Son didn't want
a hassle (I would've fought tooth & nail) so weird but Son liked the guy & felt sorry for him (wish
Son was as thoughtful of my feelings & as fair towards me).

Anyways, I believe many of us will be forced to do versions of this as costs of everything is exploding!

Those of us living on SS or Disability are barely surviving & without ability to work & no family to help
us, in a crisis. Being able to reduce living expenses so as to be able to save for crisis is a great stress
reliever & blessing that I would welcome. Not to mention the benefits of companionship, I can't get out
much anymore, I believe Lynn is in same boat as me, physical challenges (pain & fatigue) and worse if
heat is factored in. The boredom is a stressor as well as the loneliness, I used to go, go, go and had so
many interests & different groups of friends that I was never home. Such a cliche' but true, never saw
myself in the position I've ended up in, so many changes in my life brought on by a whirlwind of such
changes unforeseeable & not thru stupidity or bad choices. Many more will find themselves in these
same positions in today's world as jobs end unexpectedly & none to be found or downsized to unlivable
wages with ever soaring costs, lost ability to work due to disease/illness/accident, so many ways to lose
life & ability for independence, gone in an instant!

So, if anyone is interested, PM me, exchange PH #'s and start discussing our wants, needs & dreams :)

Btw...have I said (lately) what wonderful people our EBN members are...just the best...EVER!

I send love to each one of you with my prayers for God's protection, favor & blessings on you & yours :)

Members online

No members online now.