Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sick of life!

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member Annie1991's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Punk'N (bg), Lilly (corgi - 09.24.08 - 03.07.13), Missy (mixed), Mickey (rescue bd - RIP 02.13.15)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sick of life!

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Thank you @helsonwheels My sons are grown men. I do not nag them,or expect much from them-I don't even hear from the preacher. The other one knows me when HE needs something. I have had 10 years of me time. Too much time alone. EBN has saved my life. But when everything starts breaking,You have ticks on your backand can't reach them, vehicles refuse to start,and leaking-and you can't get anyone to do anything,even when you want to pay-(and everything happens at once) I get freaked out! @Texas Carol @Annie1991
    I think we have an exclusive club. Melissa @MFrey2012 I am a Jersey "girl" stuck in Tn.!!! Thanks for all the pep talks. I am still freaked!!!!!

I know - I'm a widow and have been for 14 years now - I never thought I would end up alone - it sucks ! I have to remind myself that God has a reason for me waking up every morning ! But like I said - WE WILL SURVIVE ! May not seem like it right now, but WE WILL !

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

@helsonwheels...

Great post & so true in many cases, young men being busy but basically around & certainly, available if REALLY needed.

What is applicable here is something different and going on all over and increasingly, more often. It is the almost and
    often, total lack of interest or regard of parents, ill, widowed & isolated needing HELP not just attention (altho that would
    be nice too). Who else should you look to in times of need but family and more specifically, grown children? Why these
    adult children care so little for us is anyone's guess but they don't...and feel (seemingly) no shame or guilt.

My husband died almost 4 years ago, I was caring for my Mother, 2 years living in our home at that time & entering latter
    stages of Alzheimer's, then I cared for her another 2 years. I have a brother & 2 sisters, all younger than me. I helped Mother bring them up (Dad was an alcoholic & undependable) taking care of all their needs as 2nd Mom from 5th grade on then putting off college to help with their school needs with my salary too. Never made it to college as life took a different path but wanted to go all my life...dream deferred, 1st of many.

Hubby died & everything changed, I was disabled, Mom on SS (lost my health ins. too) & ultimately, my home. Not ONE of them showed up to help me move our Mother & myself, 4 hrs away, to my home as we'd moved to E. Texas for Hubby's job just 10 mo's early. Not ONE took Mother off my hands, even for a weekend, as I made arrangements, etc & dealt with his sudden, unexpected death. Not one called our Son to talk to him about his Dad's death or offer condolences...Why?...Who knows?...no fights had happened, no troubles between us, etc. Just didn't and still don't, give a damn...selfish, shallow, empty people only about themselves & their needs. They all go to church & quote the Bible, they'd all lived at my house during times of their need, welcomed, fed & sheltered but nothing from them for their Mother or myself & Son in our need.

There are no answers for these things other than the times we are living in, I feel sorrow that Lynn, Annie & others are experiencing these things too. Like myself & as Annie says, you don't see yourself ending up this way but here we are and all we can do is make the best of it (and we do). But, every now & then, as Lynn says, everything breaks down including yourself and your coping systems break down too. Then, our realities of just how alone we are & needing much more than what we have, what we make do with, get by on & physically, mentally & financially are unable to do by ourselves.

The crap hits the fan...once again.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

3. Likes Jersey, ddnene, 2BullyMama, Manydogs, MacAttack liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    @helsonwheels...

Great post & so true in many cases, young men being busy but basically around & certainly, available if REALLY needed.

What is applicable here is something different and going on all over and increasingly, more often. It is the almost and
    often, total lack of interest or regard of parents, ill, widowed & isolated needing HELP not just attention (altho that would
    be nice too). Who else should you look to in times of need but family and more specifically, grown children? Why these
    adult children care so little for us is anyone's guess but they don't...and feel (seemingly) no shame or guilt.

My husband died almost 4 years ago, I was caring for my Mother, 2 years living in our home at that time & entering latter
    stages of Alzheimer's, then I cared for her another 2 years. I have a brother & 2 sisters, all younger than me. I helped Mother bring them up (Dad was an alcoholic & undependable) taking care of all their needs as 2nd Mom from 5th grade on then putting off college to help with their school needs with my salary too. Never made it to college as life took a different path but wanted to go all my life...dream deferred, 1st of many.

Hubby died & everything changed, I was disabled, Mom on SS (lost my health ins. too) & ultimately, my home. Not ONE of them showed up to help me move our Mother & myself, 4 hrs away, to my home as we'd moved to E. Texas for Hubby's job just 10 mo's early. Not ONE took Mother off my hands, even for a weekend, as I made arrangements, etc & dealt with his sudden, unexpected death. Not one called our Son to talk to him about his Dad's death or offer condolences...Why?...Who knows?...no fights had happened, no troubles between us, etc. Just didn't and still don't, give a damn...selfish, shallow, empty people only about themselves & their needs. They all go to church & quote the Bible, they'd all lived at my house during times of their need, welcomed, fed & sheltered but nothing from them for their Mother or myself & Son in our need.

There are no answers for these things other than the times we are living in, I feel sorrow that Lynn, Annie & others are experiencing these things too. Like myself & as Annie says, you don't see yourself ending up this way but here we are and all we can do is make the best of it (and we do). But, every now & then, as Lynn says, everything breaks down including yourself and your coping systems break down too. Then, our realities of just how alone we are & needing much more than what we have, what we make do with, get by on & physically, mentally & financially are unable to do by ourselves.

The crap hits the fan...once again.
    I see now. Why I said I dont know you..but... sad to say but we have to rely just on yourselves. It's today's life. Maybe one day kids will wake up and smell the coffee and realize moms/dads needs help. I always said...the day I go up there I have a few words to discuss with the big guy. I have a lot of "WHY questions! "

5. Likes Texas Carol, Jersey, Manydogs, MacAttack liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

All of these stories break my heart...

My grandfather is still living, and he lives about 5 hours from me. He had 3 children, and a pack of us grandkids... I go to see him at least twice a year, sometimes more often if I can. Hubby travels a lot so it's not that easy being a single parent/grandparent most of the time. Do you know that me & my mother are the ONLY ones that contact him at ALL?!! OH the other's do occasionally to ask for MONEY ... they can't even bother to send b-day or father's day cards. It makes me physically sick, I know that NONE of them were raised that way... but I'm SURE they will come to the funeral to see if they can get any inheritance.

What the HELL has happened these days?!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Lynn, how I wish you lived closer. I would make the drive just to help you with whatever you need, plus I would get to see all those babies! Your sons are wrong for their actions, and honestly they are the ones losing here. I would love a mother with a heart as big as yours. I look up to you and admire you greatly. We will always have bad days, but things will always work themselves out one way or another! They always do! We are all here thinking of you, sending you love, and praying for you daily

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hi @Manydogs say it ain't so. To my partner in crime delivering almost inappropriate comments and posts, you should know by now that raising kids/teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a tree. I recall I posted a comment that when I was born, the Dead Sea was only sick and you chimed in that when you were born the Dead Sea was a resort. Let's face it, we are both as old as our tongues and slightly older than our teeth. We also should know that wrinkles do not hurt and that growing old is mandatory whereas growing up is optional. And the fact that middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber and not the toy.

I want warn you that you should not try to buy crap that is on an infomercial because it most of the times just doesn't work. Crap I got some of that anti-aging cream crap and all of my hair fell out. I had to set my alarm for 3AM just to see if I glowed in the dark. When I woke up, I had hair growing in the palms of my hands. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! I tried to shave it but it grew right back. I wore gloves to work just to hide my hands from my co-workers. I did have to remove the gloves using the men's room and someone noticed my hands and then mentioned I should wash my hands a little better. So it goes to show you that

Now I am not the best dad who has two daughters one of whom is not talking to me. Yes they are on the west coast and I am on the east coast. They are the products of a divorce when I was young and dumb but they were the two best things that came out of that marriage. The one who does talk to me prefers to text message as opposed to calling me. Same goes for Father's Day just a text. But that was OK as I was in Colorado and was with my brother and sister talking about how inappropriate my brother was. My brother earned the nickname Captain Inappropriate. So it goes to show you that families are like fudge.....mostly sweet but with a few nuts.

Speaking of nuts...I was walking Bentley outside on his leash in the backyard and there is a huge white oak tree which brings to mind that that oak tree is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

Now that you seem to have fallen down, you should probably wonder what else you can do while you're down there. Time maybe a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.

My dear gal always remember that wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. I consider you a friend so pick yourself up, brush yourself off and continue to march. --rj

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

.... People SUCK!!!
    @Manydogs @Texas Carol @Annie1991 I say the 3 of you move in together and enjoy each others love and friendship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Good idea @2BullyMama

11. Likes 2BullyMama, Texas Carol, Manydogs liked this post
    Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member Annie1991's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Punk'N (bg), Lilly (corgi - 09.24.08 - 03.07.13), Missy (mixed), Mickey (rescue bd - RIP 02.13.15)
    Likes (Received)

Only if we can move to where the temp does not get above 50. We are going to have 100+ temp next week and probably until Oct or Nov. lol

13. Likes Texas Carol, 2BullyMama, Manydogs liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Okay-you ALL who have put up with me all this time and the BIG FREAK OUT.I am sorry. Many things happened at once,I got overwhelmed,and I had to vent somewhere,and you "guys" were the only place I could go-I am embarassed for this. I also want to apologize because I realize that there are people with much worse problems and I had a "PITY PARTY" of one. Thank you all who responded with such kindness-it really helped and you are true friends-and I have never used that word lightly. p.s. @ddnene maybe you should introduce me to your grandfather! you all!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Okay-you ALL who have put up with me all this time and the BIG FREAK OUT.I am sorry. Many things happened at once,I got overwhelmed,and I had to vent somewhere,and you "guys" were the only place I could go-I am embarassed for this. I also want to apologize because I realize that there are people with much worse problems and I had a "PITY PARTY" of one. Thank you all who responded with such kindness-it really helped and you are true friends-and I have never used that word lightly. p.s. @ddnene maybe you should introduce me to your grandfather! you all!
    I will not accept your apology. You are free to vent, and let it all out anytime. Especially to us. When it rains it pours, and things always happen all together like a big cluster! Love you and your pity party - hee hee.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    I will not accept your apology. You are free to vent, and let it all out anytime. Especially to us. When it rains it pours, and things always happen all together like a big cluster! Love you and your pity party - hee hee.
    Yeah... What Jessica said!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads