Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I know where we're going for vacation this year...Has anyone been to this place?

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

Default I think I know where we're going for vacation this year...Has anyone been to this place?

I love waterfalls and this place boasts EIGHT! Can you believe it...We've been all over looking at Waterfalls...but this will be new. Now...to find a cabin rental that accepts THREE dogs.

Bushkill falls - Google Maps
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I think I know where we're going for vacation this year...Has anyone been to this place?

I've been through that area. Didn't stay for vacation though, just passing through, it is Very pretty. I hope you find a cabin that suits your needs.

Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I think I know where we're going for vacation this year...Has anyone been to this place?

Thanks...the link I posted earlier I thought had photos of all the falls...let's try this one here. And if it redirects a person so they can see all the waterfall photos.

Bushkill Falls

Edit...Strange still a different page that I was viewing pops up from the link...crazy how that works.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

The rest of my zoo:

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

all i can say is when and how much
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

***SIGH*** My youngest wants to visit West Virginia NOT PA...Since we plan on doing a mini trip before school starts back up in the fall.
    Fallingwater is where we'll be visiting then...which is located in PA. So I've bookmarked the PA trip to see the waterfalls to do next year...no searching necessary...found a cabin that even had a game room! So next summer's vacation is laid out and tucked away.

Most might know of Fallingwater but in case not...here's a link. My youngest is quite into architecture for his age...His love of architecture had me questioned by security in DC when I was taking pictures of the tops of the columns and they thought I was trying to get the security system.

Fallingwater | Home

So now I'm trying to find a cabin that allows three dogs in WV... Found some waterfalls in the area of Blackwater Falls State Park...It's actually a shorter drive. I do not travel well...I'm getting better. But I hate congested roadways. And it will be the first road trip with all three dogs in tow. So this might be a good first trip...having it closer to home.

Blackwater Falls State Park

The rest of my zoo:

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

I love waterfalls!!!
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

@rayers
    Quote Originally Posted by rayers View Post
    I love waterfalls!!!
    I do too..for our 20th anniversary we went and stayed at Brandywine Falls Inn built in 1848...we actually stayed in the Loft. The Loft is a carriage barn suite that is behind the actual Inn. But the falls are only 500 foot from the Inn...and there are several more scattered around the area that we visited. Nice mini weekend getaway with the hubby. The inn keepers were charming and made our stay all the more memorable.

About the Inn

The rest of my zoo:

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

We went there on our honeymoon..stayed in the poconos at a timeshare my father gave us. Bushkill Falls is beautiful and there is a ton to do in the area. Tell your youngest Pa isn't so bad . I've lived all over Md,AZ..even did stints in Germany and the Netherlands and I keep coming back to Pa. I love history and we have both Philadelphia and Gettysburg all very close. Hope you have a great time!
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

@Angelgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelgirl View Post
    We went there on our honeymoon..stayed in the poconos at a timeshare my father gave us. Bushkill Falls is beautiful and there is a ton to do in the area. Tell your youngest Pa isn't so bad . I've lived all over Md,AZ..even did stints in Germany and the Netherlands and I keep coming back to Pa. I love history and we have both Philadelphia and Gettysburg all very close. Hope you have a great time!
    Well looks like that will have to be next years vacation spot for us. He wants to go...just not this year. And with the three dogs I think having half the car trip might make it easier for a first vacation with all of them in tow.

Here's where mountain home we've rented...It is in a gated community with this being set furthest back up on the mountain...and though it says 3 acres the properties surrounding it have no houses. And are just lots. So we're told we won't see a car or even hear one while we're there. But one can only enter with a pass...so it's private at that.

Any how...here is where we'll be staying. Sooo looking forward to summer vacation...
    Canaan Valley vacation house rental: True Mountain Home w/hot tub, stone fireplace, WIFI/Cable close to ski resorts

The rest of my zoo:

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

How beautiful, I'm jealous!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

@TessaAndSamson
    Quote Originally Posted by TessaAndSamson View Post
    How beautiful, I'm jealous!
    Yes it is beautiful isn't it! We look for seclusion when looking for cabins and moutain homes. Due to we live at a private lake...with woods and trails to hike at the back of the association. So we want basically the comforts of home...but quieter. And new trails to hike!

But don't be jealous...I may have the in laws with me that week. Though they actually said if my SIL's kids are out of school...then they wouldn't be able to go. And we've found "replacement" friends to go along...if they say no. Due to we've paid for the house...so might as well fill it up.

The rest of my zoo:

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cadillactaste View Post
    @TessaAndSamson

Yes it is beautiful isn't it! We look for seclusion when looking for cabins and moutain homes. Due to we live at a private lake...with woods and trails to hike at the back of the association. So we want basically the comforts of home...but quieter. And new trails to hike!

But don't be jealous...I may have the in laws with me that week. Though they actually said if my SIL's kids are out of school...then they wouldn't be able to go. And we've found "replacement" friends to go along...if they say no. Due to we've paid for the house...so might as well fill it up.
    Well not terribly jealous , we do have some beautiful mountains here in California that we go to every year. We camp though, no beautiful home!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads