I think I know where we're going for vacation this year...Has anyone been to this place?

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=1217]Lacey28[/MENTION]
I think wherever you go I hope you have a great time. We are planning on going to Niagara Falls this summer, my kids have never been!

We've been there twice...my oldest son the first time CRIED the last night so hard...that people in the hotel came out into the hallway to see if he needed help. Because he DIDN'T want to go home...we then surprised him with a trip the day after Christmas and seen the falls during the Winter...which was amazing too! Though I will never go on a vacation during Christmas again...it felt weird to me.

Our fav's...
Butterfly Conservatory @ Butterfly Conservatory | Niagara Parks, Niagara Falls Canada

Birds Kingdom [Where I over came my fears of snakes in the reptile area] @http://www.niagarafallsinfo.com/attraction.php?entry_id=1059&current_category_id=71&parent_entry_id=1132

Feeding the Baluga Whales...@ Marineland Canada - Home

There is so much to do there...and it's amazing! Food is expensive...we found our second stay in the hotels closer to the falls had BETTER breakfast than the one a bit further away. And it was cheaper paying more for the hotel and getting the complementary breakfast that had a feast over cold cereal and donuts. [My husband didn't feel that was breakfast so we paid to eat at diners and it was $$$]

You'll have fun...make sure to take TONS of pictures and share with us when you get back!

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=1217]Lacey28[/MENTION] Your welcome...it's an amazing place to visit...And we'll most likely return once again in the future. Not sure how old your children are...but the Rainforest Cafe is a FUN place to eat...if you've never eaten there...consider it. The kids should enjoy the scenery...Rainforest Cafe - A Wild Place to Shop and Eat!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Nice!!!! I'll have to add this to our list of places to go that aren't too far. Right now trying to come up with a great destination to use our hotel and airline miles. We wanted to go to yellowstone but there are no Marriots near the park (an hour or more away) and the one they are building isn't done until August soooo we either wait or go to FL, lol.

You'll have to post pics!!

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
@mammyglicks
Nice!!!! I'll have to add this to our list of places to go that aren't too far. Right now trying to come up with a great destination to use our hotel and airline miles. We wanted to go to yellowstone but there are no Marriots near the park (an hour or more away) and the one they are building isn't done until August soooo we either wait or go to FL, lol.

You'll have to post pics!!

Hocking Hills,Ohio is a wonderful place to visit as well...caves, waterfalls...and the best scenery. The moss on the rocks are such a vibrant green. One of my favorite pictures taken there...from INSIDE the Rock House [one of the caves]...looking out.

IMG_31992-1-1.jpg

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION] That is beautiful!!! If I can get my husband to ever go to Ohio that is definitely on my list. There are two things I can't convince him of ever, a cruise, or to go to Ohio (I wanted to go to the theme park). We only drove through it once going to Michigan and he hated it because it was so flat, lmao. if he knew something like this was there I may be able to persuade, lol.

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION] That is beautiful!!! If I can get my husband to ever go to Ohio that is definitely on my list. There are two things I can't convince him of ever, a cruise, or to go to Ohio (I wanted to go to the theme park). We only drove through it once going to Michigan and he hated it because it was so flat, lmao. if he knew something like this was there I may be able to persuade, lol.

The Smokey Mountains are FLAT trails with no challenge...These give you a work out...you may have to climb OVER boulders and such...The photo above you can't take dogs to. For you climb up into the Rock House...A flashlight is a must for to enjoy every nook and cranny of it. We've been to the Smokey Mountains, Red River Gorge, And to falls up on the other side of Akron. And nothing compares to Hocking Hills...It's amazing...the cliffs are dangerous...and there are warnings not to get to close. Hocking Hills is far from flat...Old Man's cave is something...but the upper falls at that particular trail the falls are one of my fav's in the area.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.