I think I know where we're going for vacation this year...Has anyone been to this place?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I've been through that area. Didn't stay for vacation though, just passing through, it is Very pretty. I hope you find a cabin that suits your needs.

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Thanks...the link I posted earlier I thought had photos of all the falls...let's try this one here. And if it redirects a person so they can see all the waterfall photos.

Bushkill Falls

Edit...Strange still a different page that I was viewing pops up from the link...crazy how that works.

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
***SIGH*** My youngest wants to visit West Virginia NOT PA...Since we plan on doing a mini trip before school starts back up in the fall.
Fallingwater is where we'll be visiting then...which is located in PA. :rolleyes: So I've bookmarked the PA trip to see the waterfalls to do next year...no searching necessary...found a cabin that even had a game room! :up: So next summer's vacation is laid out and tucked away.

Most might know of Fallingwater but in case not...here's a link. My youngest is quite into architecture for his age...His love of architecture had me questioned by security in DC when I was taking pictures of the tops of the columns and they thought I was trying to get the security system.:eek:

Fallingwater | Home

So now I'm trying to find a cabin that allows three dogs in WV...:rolleyes: Found some waterfalls in the area of Blackwater Falls State Park...It's actually a shorter drive. :whew: I do not travel well...I'm getting better. But I hate congested roadways. And it will be the first road trip with all three dogs in tow. So this might be a good first trip...having it closer to home.

Blackwater Falls State Park

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=1790]rayers[/MENTION]
I love waterfalls!!!

I do too..for our 20th anniversary we went and stayed at Brandywine Falls Inn built in 1848...we actually stayed in the [FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Loft. The[/FONT][FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Loft is a carriage barn suite that is behind the actual Inn. But the falls are only 500 foot from the Inn...and there are several more scattered around the area that we visited. Nice mini weekend getaway with the hubby. The inn keepers were charming and made our stay all the more memorable. [/FONT]

About the Inn

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
We went there on our honeymoon..stayed in the poconos at a timeshare my father gave us. Bushkill Falls is beautiful and there is a ton to do in the area. Tell your youngest Pa isn't so bad :p . I've lived all over Md,AZ..even did stints in Germany and the Netherlands and I keep coming back to Pa. I love history and we have both Philadelphia and Gettysburg all very close. Hope you have a great time!

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=1652]Angelgirl[/MENTION]
We went there on our honeymoon..stayed in the poconos at a timeshare my father gave us. Bushkill Falls is beautiful and there is a ton to do in the area. Tell your youngest Pa isn't so bad :p . I've lived all over Md,AZ..even did stints in Germany and the Netherlands and I keep coming back to Pa. I love history and we have both Philadelphia and Gettysburg all very close. Hope you have a great time!

Well looks like that will have to be next years vacation spot for us. He wants to go...just not this year. And with the three dogs I think having half the car trip might make it easier for a first vacation with all of them in tow.

Here's where mountain home we've rented...It is in a gated community with this being set furthest back up on the mountain...and though it says 3 acres the properties surrounding it have no houses. And are just lots. So we're told we won't see a car or even hear one while we're there. But one can only enter with a pass...so it's private at that. :up:

Any how...here is where we'll be staying. Sooo looking forward to summer vacation...
Canaan Valley vacation house rental: True Mountain Home w/hot tub, stone fireplace, WIFI/Cable close to ski resorts

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION]
How beautiful, I'm jealous!

Yes it is beautiful isn't it! We look for seclusion when looking for cabins and moutain homes. Due to we live at a private lake...with woods and trails to hike at the back of the association. So we want basically the comforts of home...but quieter. And new trails to hike!

But don't be jealous...I may have the in laws with me that week. :eek: Though they actually said if my SIL's kids are out of school...then they wouldn't be able to go. And we've found "replacement" friends to go along...if they say no. :whistle: Due to we've paid for the house...so might as well fill it up.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson

Yes it is beautiful isn't it! We look for seclusion when looking for cabins and moutain homes. Due to we live at a private lake...with woods and trails to hike at the back of the association. So we want basically the comforts of home...but quieter. And new trails to hike!

But don't be jealous...I may have the in laws with me that week. :eek: Though they actually said if my SIL's kids are out of school...then they wouldn't be able to go. And we've found "replacement" friends to go along...if they say no. :whistle: Due to we've paid for the house...so might as well fill it up.

Well not terribly jealous :D, we do have some beautiful mountains here in California that we go to every year. We camp though, no beautiful home!

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Well not terribly jealous :D, we do have some beautiful mountains here in California that we go to every year. We camp though, no beautiful home!

I may have grew up on a farm in my younger years...but the closest thing to camping I've done since being married...Is camping in a tent INSIDE our home that we were building...Does that count? :eek:

As for beautiful homes to rent...This one is a beauty...but our first priority is PET FRIENDLY and second...seclusion. We lucked out with this cabin and it's extras.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I may have grew up on a farm in my younger years...but the closest thing to camping I've done since being married...Is camping in a tent INSIDE our home that we were building...Does that count? :eek:

As for beautiful homes to rent...This one is a beauty...but our first priority is PET FRIENDLY and second...seclusion. We lucked out with this cabin and it's extras.

LOL No I don't think that counts :D Those would be my top priorities as well, you definitely lucked out! Looks like a great place to spend vacation!

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I think wherever you go I hope you have a great time. We are planning on going to Niagara Falls this summer, my kids have never been!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.