Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think I know where we're going for vacation this year...Has anyone been to this place?

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I think I know where we're going for vacation this year...Has anyone been to this place?

@TessaAndSamson
    Quote Originally Posted by TessaAndSamson View Post
    Well not terribly jealous , we do have some beautiful mountains here in California that we go to every year. We camp though, no beautiful home!
    I may have grew up on a farm in my younger years...but the closest thing to camping I've done since being married...Is camping in a tent INSIDE our home that we were building...Does that count?

As for beautiful homes to rent...This one is a beauty...but our first priority is PET FRIENDLY and second...seclusion. We lucked out with this cabin and it's extras.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I think I know where we're going for vacation this year...Has anyone been to this place?

Quote Originally Posted by cadillactaste View Post
    I may have grew up on a farm in my younger years...but the closest thing to camping I've done since being married...Is camping in a tent INSIDE our home that we were building...Does that count?

As for beautiful homes to rent...This one is a beauty...but our first priority is PET FRIENDLY and second...seclusion. We lucked out with this cabin and it's extras.
    LOL No I don't think that counts Those would be my top priorities as well, you definitely lucked out! Looks like a great place to spend vacation!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

I think wherever you go I hope you have a great time. We are planning on going to Niagara Falls this summer, my kids have never been!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

@Lacey28
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey28 View Post
    I think wherever you go I hope you have a great time. We are planning on going to Niagara Falls this summer, my kids have never been!
    We've been there twice...my oldest son the first time CRIED the last night so hard...that people in the hotel came out into the hallway to see if he needed help. Because he DIDN'T want to go home...we then surprised him with a trip the day after Christmas and seen the falls during the Winter...which was amazing too! Though I will never go on a vacation during Christmas again...it felt weird to me.

Our fav's...
    Butterfly Conservatory @ Butterfly Conservatory | Niagara Parks, Niagara Falls Canada

Birds Kingdom [Where I over came my fears of snakes in the reptile area] @http://www.niagarafallsinfo.com/attraction.php?entry_id=1059&current_category_id=7 1&parent_entry_id=1132

Feeding the Baluga Whales...@ Marineland Canada - Home

There is so much to do there...and it's amazing! Food is expensive...we found our second stay in the hotels closer to the falls had BETTER breakfast than the one a bit further away. And it was cheaper paying more for the hotel and getting the complementary breakfast that had a feast over cold cereal and donuts. [My husband didn't feel that was breakfast so we paid to eat at diners and it was $$$]

You'll have fun...make sure to take TONS of pictures and share with us when you get back!
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

The rest of my zoo:

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

@cadillactaste Thanks! That was very nice of you! We are planning on going in July!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

@Lacey28 Your welcome...it's an amazing place to visit...And we'll most likely return once again in the future. Not sure how old your children are...but the Rainforest Cafe is a FUN place to eat...if you've never eaten there...consider it. The kids should enjoy the scenery...Rainforest Cafe - A Wild Place to Shop and Eat!

The rest of my zoo:

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

Nice!!!! I'll have to add this to our list of places to go that aren't too far. Right now trying to come up with a great destination to use our hotel and airline miles. We wanted to go to yellowstone but there are no Marriots near the park (an hour or more away) and the one they are building isn't done until August soooo we either wait or go to FL, lol.

You'll have to post pics!!
    I didn't do it

Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

@mammyglicks
    Quote Originally Posted by mammyglicks View Post
    Nice!!!! I'll have to add this to our list of places to go that aren't too far. Right now trying to come up with a great destination to use our hotel and airline miles. We wanted to go to yellowstone but there are no Marriots near the park (an hour or more away) and the one they are building isn't done until August soooo we either wait or go to FL, lol.

You'll have to post pics!!
    Hocking Hills,Ohio is a wonderful place to visit as well...caves, waterfalls...and the best scenery. The moss on the rocks are such a vibrant green. One of my favorite pictures taken there...from INSIDE the Rock House [one of the caves]...looking out.

The rest of my zoo:

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

@cadillactaste That is beautiful!!! If I can get my husband to ever go to Ohio that is definitely on my list. There are two things I can't convince him of ever, a cruise, or to go to Ohio (I wanted to go to the theme park). We only drove through it once going to Michigan and he hated it because it was so flat, lmao. if he knew something like this was there I may be able to persuade, lol.
    I didn't do it

Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

@mammyglicks
    Quote Originally Posted by mammyglicks View Post
    @cadillactaste That is beautiful!!! If I can get my husband to ever go to Ohio that is definitely on my list. There are two things I can't convince him of ever, a cruise, or to go to Ohio (I wanted to go to the theme park). We only drove through it once going to Michigan and he hated it because it was so flat, lmao. if he knew something like this was there I may be able to persuade, lol.
    The Smokey Mountains are FLAT trails with no challenge...These give you a work out...you may have to climb OVER boulders and such...The photo above you can't take dogs to. For you climb up into the Rock House...A flashlight is a must for to enjoy every nook and cranny of it. We've been to the Smokey Mountains, Red River Gorge, And to falls up on the other side of Akron. And nothing compares to Hocking Hills...It's amazing...the cliffs are dangerous...and there are warnings not to get to close. Hocking Hills is far from flat...Old Man's cave is something...but the upper falls at that particular trail the falls are one of my fav's in the area.

The rest of my zoo:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads