natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Hi Nat! Thank you so much for the info and the additional pics! I see on the website the 5 varieties of garlic available, only they don't ship garlic to the US. (Sure, one person selling garlic on the black market and it's ruined for all of us... Ha!) But what a time I had looking at everything! I'm re-inspired to get out in the garden and get dirty!! Never thought of dehydrating it!!?? Interesting! I think that may have happened to a garlic bulb I left in my garlic jar too long... didn't smell too good. I love the idea of a stand! If I had ANY road frontage don't think I wouldn't be out there with my little wagon full of garlic and other goodies selling happily away!!! I live in the country, very rural, and every mile or so you see signs for eggs, peaches, firewood, etc, but never garlic! I think you may be on to something there... and Nat... the Droopy Pine... let it go. It made me depressed just looking at the picture...

Were also very rural , population maybe 1100 sept in summer when the hoards come we grow to 60 k , ya i was told that tree needed a protected place and possibly wrapped ect ect , as much as I like the look of it I have other things to do with tree,s mostly cut split stack for winter . sorry did not know that about shipping to the US and Garlic wow , we dehydrate tons of garden stuff and make a lot of beef jerky ect ect love it

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Nice size garden Roger and sounds like a great mix of veggies to me , do not forget with the asparagus that you should not harvest for 2 years after planting date , we got hit ( first time I have ever seen it too ) some sort of bug basically killed them all off last year , have no idea what it was , out of say 12 crowns may 6 came up this year a real drag as I love the stuff . Love to see some pics of your garden Bud
Hi Nate. Per your request...here are some pictures of the garden.

35f68fe60a97aa4ef1143e51e93efc53.jpg

d987cd7b39883e5d59820895efc3fe15.jpg

The raised beds house the asparagus.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
WOW guys, your gardens look fantastic!!! :w00t:

We had a garden at our old house, but we don't have much of a yard here. I got two of those raised beds from Amazon, and I put a herb garden in one of those… maybe one day I'll have more property where I can spread out… Lol

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
WOW guys, your gardens look fantastic!!! :w00t:

We had a garden at our old house, but we don't have much of a yard here. I got two of those raised beds from Amazon, and I put a herb garden in one of those… maybe one day I'll have more property where I can spread out… Lol
Thanks. The wet weather is not allowing for any yard work today. It's suppose to turn nice later this week.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,

Looks great Roger nice size , love the raised ones excellent idea , as the rear garden here is mostly sandy soil and our asparagus is there and does not like yours and my main garden get full day long sun I have been thinking of loosing it as the play toys ( boat tractor atv,s and such ) are parked behind that garden , would just push the garden in there as fill really . we were hit by some bug last year with our asparagus and most look like they died off ( old plants ) and did not have tons ( maybe 1/3 ) come up this year. so to replant there maybe not the right place to go .

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great Roger nice size , love the raised ones excellent idea , as the rear garden here is mostly sandy soil and our asparagus is there and does not like yours and my main garden get full day long sun I have been thinking of loosing it as the play toys ( boat tractor atv,s and such ) are parked behind that garden , would just push the garden in there as fill really . we were hit by some bug last year with our asparagus and most look like they died off ( old plants ) and did not have tons ( maybe 1/3 ) come up this year. so to replant there maybe not the right place to go .

Most Reactions