Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
008.jpg010.jpg011.jpg009.jpg001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg007.jpg006.jpg004.jpg005.jpg
For you Carol , now I just finished the Veggie garden no 1 yesterday, the first 4 pics are The Prettyones flowers starting lol you know how I feel about that ha ha ha , pic 6 is the different peppers from chili to bannana to green , pic 6 is the various tomato plants , never told you I make a wicked spaghetti sauce eh ....pic 9 is all garlic planted last fall and 5 different varieties and a bunch of weeds , been a bit lazy pullin them will get at that this week , pic 10 is the 2 varieties of peaches and cream corn and there just popping up yesterday , last pic is parsley and cuc,s .
Still have the large back garden to do yet and all the containers / potato bags . winter squash is planted did not get a pic as just planted 021.jpg Now if I can just keep these guys out as they love the new shoots coming out of the ground , Rosie is scared of them lol go figure ha ha ha .( thats the garden in the deer pic , guess he was on a inspection tour )
008.jpg Hoping for this Carol so fingers crossed ok lol
love ya Carol hope you are well Nat

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Wow Nat. That is some big time space to plant. Makes my plot look like Bambi to your Godzilla. Although, I added two 2'x12' raised beds that are now housing asparagus (25 crowns planted). My other space is about 14'x14' that currently is used for cucumbers, green beans, zucchini, cauliflower, red onions, garlic, scotch bonnets, and jalapenos.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
LOVE THESE PICS...just seeing all the green is eye popping!

Very awesome, Nat, and I bet you do make a mean spaghetti
sauce ;)

That's what I made for the holiday altho I stuffed it in large pasta
shells to dress it up a bit, was delicious with a bit of kick to it, very
meaty...UMMMMMM

My maternal Grandma kept a large garden all her life and I can still
remember how wonderful those veggies tasted...the best...can't begin
to compare to store bought where it's brought in unripened ;( Wish
schools would teach our children to garden, cook, etc, such a useful
skill to have & give pride in themselves. Laughing at silly Rosie's antics!

It's so great seeing you post & your lovely place, y'all have been much
on my mind lately, I'm praying all are well, know there's been rough days.

Cami & I are fine, had a rough couple months, just very weak. Cami gained
the 5 lbs back we'd worked so hard to get off her big tummy. Son's gf overfeeds
and also gives snacks, she can't resist that begging face. I was really mad so,
don't think they'll do THAT again!

Give hugs & kisses to your Crew & thank you for thinking about us, Nat...xoxo

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Wow Nat. That is some big time space to plant. Makes my plot look like Bambi to your Godzilla. Although, I added two 2'x12' raised beds that are now housing asparagus (25 crowns planted). My other space is about 14'x14' that currently is used for cucumbers, green beans, zucchini, cauliflower, red onions, garlic, scotch bonnets, and jalapenos.

Nice size garden Roger and sounds like a great mix of veggies to me , do not forget with the asparagus that you should not harvest for 2 years after planting date , we got hit ( first time I have ever seen it too ) some sort of bug basically killed them all off last year , have no idea what it was , out of say 12 crowns may 6 came up this year a real drag as I love the stuff . Love to see some pics of your garden Bud

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
LOVE THESE PICS...just seeing all the green is eye popping!

Very awesome, Nat, and I bet you do make a mean spaghetti
sauce ;)

That's what I made for the holiday altho I stuffed it in large pasta
shells to dress it up a bit, was delicious with a bit of kick to it, very
meaty...UMMMMMM

My maternal Grandma kept a large garden all her life and I can still
remember how wonderful those veggies tasted...the best...can't begin
to compare to store bought where it's brought in unripened ;( Wish
schools would teach our children to garden, cook, etc, such a useful
skill to have & give pride in themselves. Laughing at silly Rosie's antics!

It's so great seeing you post & your lovely place, y'all have been much
on my mind lately, I'm praying all are well, know there's been rough days.

Cami & I are fine, had a rough couple months, just very weak. Cami gained
the 5 lbs back we'd worked so hard to get off her big tummy. Son's gf overfeeds
and also gives snacks, she can't resist that begging face. I was really mad so,
don't think they'll do THAT again!

Give hugs & kisses to your Crew & thank you for thinking about us, Nat...xoxo

I know what your going thru Bud took Me 3 weeks to plant this small garden not a lot of energy here also but so very happy spring has started , lol Rosie is like Cami and we are trying hard to get her wait down . My fault the transition from puppy food to adult I screwed up so she is also on a diet and not happy about it , Nelli is helping by making her run around the place often .

There is nothing like taking that tomato off the plant and into you mouth as your grand MuM knew lol our kids when young would pick the long green and yellow beans that I on purpose grew along the fence for easy picking they were always stuffed with them .I agree my daughter and son love to cook due to me making sure they knew how too , and it should be taught in all schools and what to eat = healthy .

I will get more pics for you as it all plays out , The Prettyones garden should be wonderful this year lottsa new stuff planted and she has now many roses coming

Tc Bud Nat

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
That's a beautiful Garden Nat, my garden isn't near as big. I just have a little space in the backyard. I would love to,have the space to grow veggies and some herbs. I've had herbs growing in pots and they've been okay, but some of my herbs got some kind of a caterpillar infestation last year. Our garden is a work in progress, we pulled everything out that the previous owners had planted, mostly tulips, daffodils and lots of wild flowers, we also took out a couple of huge pine trees that he had planted right in the backyard. One was a round pine or spruce, I don't know what it's called, but it was all dead underneath and on the inside, plus these trees should never have been planted in the backyard, they were way to big. We have been planting new plants and flowers, and I brought my Japanese Maple from my old house and replanted it in our new house. I took some before pictures, and will post the before and after pics, once we are done.

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
That's a beautiful Garden Nat, my garden isn't near as big. I just have a little space in the backyard. I would love to,have the space to grow veggies and some herbs. I've had herbs growing in pots and they've been okay, but some of my herbs got some kind of a caterpillar infestation last year. Our garden is a work in progress, we pulled everything out that the previous owners had planted, mostly tulips, daffodils and lots of wild flowers, we also took out a coup,e of huge pine trees that he had planted right in the backyard. One was a round pine or spruce, I don't know what it's called, but it was all dead underneath and on the inside, plus these trees should never have been planted in the backyard, they were way to big. We have been planting new plants and flowers, and I brought my Japanese Maple from my old house and replanted it in our new house. I took some before pictures, and will post the before and after pics, once we are done.

Please do Monica love to see that Japanese Maple one of My favs , there is also a I will call it a weeping pine tree not sure the real name would love to plant both up here but the weeper is not for this zone or so far unable to find one for My zone , 3/3a we are gets to cold and a short growing season here . Love to see your garden , I was bad took MuM in for her shopping day today and bought more plants for the veggie garden a new variety of onion and some leeks .
At My kids school way back the whole front was Japanese maples was spectacular as they were very mature

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW.... you have been hard at work on that garden! And, heck the snow did finally leave you --- nice to see all the green and you enjoying the outside

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
WOW.... you have been hard at work on that garden! And, heck the snow did finally leave you --- nice to see all the green and you enjoying the outside

Full Black Fly season in swing now and the skitters just starting , flies should be gone in a week or so I hope , wonderfull to see all the birds back and you can now open windows to sleep by , well sept if Rosie hears a to her strange noise then ya get no SLEEP BECAUSE THE OTHER FOUR PIPE IN ALSO, lol But it is wonderful to bet out there with them on the grass as I play in the garden .

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Very nice garden! Amazing! I so wish I could have a giant garden like that. I do have a giant greenhouse, but that is all that works here in the Arizona sun. I do however grow some mighty MEAN peppers!

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Please do Monica love to see that Japanese Maple one of My favs , there is also a I will call it a weeping pine tree not sure the real name would love to plant both up here but the weeper is not for this zone or so far unable to find one for My zone , 3/3a we are gets to cold and a short growing season here . Love to see your garden , I was bad took MuM in for her shopping day today and bought more plants for the veggie garden a new variety of onion and some leeks .
At My kids school way back the whole front was Japanese maples was spectacular as they were very mature

Hey there Nat! I love your garden! Look at that garlic! What types do you grow? I want to try that next year. I planted Datil peppers this year, we'll see how that goes... they're hot hot hot!!! Here's a link to a weeping white pine that does well in your zone; not sure if this is what you're looking for but half the fun is the hunt! If you can't find one that will grow up there, I would be happy to plant one here in your honor! (I'll send pics of it's progress... Heck, we could even photoshop it into YOUR garden!) Wishing you continued success and happiness in your garden! Susan and Jersey

https://www.thetreecenter.com/white-weeping-pine/#prettyPhoto

Last edited:
OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Hey there Nat! I love your garden! Look at that garlic! What types do you grow? I want to try that next year. I planted Datil peppers this year, we'll see how that goes... they're hot hot hot!!! Here's a link to a weeping white pine that does well in your zone; not sure if this is what you're looking for but half the fun is the hunt! If you can't find one that will grow up there, I would be happy to plant one here in your honor! (I'll send pics of it's progress... Heck, we could even photoshop it into YOUR garden!) Wishing you continued success and happiness in your garden! Susan and Jersey

https://www.thetreecenter.com/white-weeping-pine/#prettyPhoto

Hi Susan this is the company I get My garlic from this company best I have ever found https://www.veseys.com/ca/en/store/fallbulbs/garlic
there is 5 different types in there and in the pics you are not seeing a smaller garden full of garlic also .
This company sells in different variety groups thats what I bought with the 5 different types to try and see what grows here best , they only ship just before planting time and customer service beyond belief
front garden garlic 001.jpgfront garden garlic 002.jpg lol think I will open a garlic stall this fall as I am HWY frontage sell it I have so much of it , We dehydrate a lot of it for use later or grind to powder . These pics are that other garden i mention wipped out and gotta couple of pics

this is the tree I am talking about g06810photo08.jpgWEEPING ALASKAN CEDAR.JPG i call it the depressed tree lol

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Hi Susan this is the company I get My garlic from this company best I have ever found
This company sells in different variety groups thats what I bought with the 5 different types to try and see what grows here best , they only ship just before planting time and customer service beyond belief
View attachment 98995View attachment 98996 lol think I will open a garlic stall this fall as I am HWY frontage sell it I have so much of it , We dehydrate a lot of it for use later or grind to powder . These pics are that other garden i mention wipped out and gotta couple of pics

this is the tree I am talking about View attachment 98998View attachment 98999 i call it the depressed tree lol

Hi Nat! Thank you so much for the info and the additional pics! I see on the website the 5 varieties of garlic available, only they don't ship garlic to the US. (Sure, one person selling garlic on the black market and it's ruined for all of us... Ha!) But what a time I had looking at everything! I'm re-inspired to get out in the garden and get dirty!! Never thought of dehydrating it!!?? Interesting! I think that may have happened to a garlic bulb I left in my garlic jar too long... didn't smell too good. I love the idea of a stand! If I had ANY road frontage don't think I wouldn't be out there with my little wagon full of garlic and other goodies selling happily away!!! I live in the country, very rural, and every mile or so you see signs for eggs, peaches, firewood, etc, but never garlic! I think you may be on to something there... and Nat... the Droopy Pine... let it go. It made me depressed just looking at the picture...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.