Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jersey
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: for Texas Carol , the gardens planted for spring pics

Quote Originally Posted by natski282 View Post
    Please do Monica love to see that Japanese Maple one of My favs , there is also a I will call it a weeping pine tree not sure the real name would love to plant both up here but the weeper is not for this zone or so far unable to find one for My zone , 3/3a we are gets to cold and a short growing season here . Love to see your garden , I was bad took MuM in for her shopping day today and bought more plants for the veggie garden a new variety of onion and some leeks .
    At My kids school way back the whole front was Japanese maples was spectacular as they were very mature
    Hey there Nat! I love your garden! Look at that garlic! What types do you grow? I want to try that next year. I planted Datil peppers this year, we'll see how that goes... they're hot hot hot!!! Here's a link to a weeping white pine that does well in your zone; not sure if this is what you're looking for but half the fun is the hunt! If you can't find one that will grow up there, I would be happy to plant one here in your honor! (I'll send pics of it's progress... Heck, we could even photoshop it into YOUR garden!) Wishing you continued success and happiness in your garden! Susan and Jersey

https://www.thetreecenter.com/white-...e/#prettyPhoto
    Last edited by Jersey; 06-02-2016 at 06:53 AM. Reason: added link

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey View Post
    Hey there Nat! I love your garden! Look at that garlic! What types do you grow? I want to try that next year. I planted Datil peppers this year, we'll see how that goes... they're hot hot hot!!! Here's a link to a weeping white pine that does well in your zone; not sure if this is what you're looking for but half the fun is the hunt! If you can't find one that will grow up there, I would be happy to plant one here in your honor! (I'll send pics of it's progress... Heck, we could even photoshop it into YOUR garden!) Wishing you continued success and happiness in your garden! Susan and Jersey

https://www.thetreecenter.com/white-...e/#prettyPhoto
    Hi Susan this is the company I get My garlic from this company best I have ever found https://www.veseys.com/ca/en/store/fallbulbs/garlic
    there is 5 different types in there and in the pics you are not seeing a smaller garden full of garlic also .
    This company sells in different variety groups thats what I bought with the 5 different types to try and see what grows here best , they only ship just before planting time and customer service beyond belief
    -front-garden-garlic-001-jpg-front-garden-garlic-002-jpg lol think I will open a garlic stall this fall as I am HWY frontage sell it I have so much of it , We dehydrate a lot of it for use later or grind to powder . These pics are that other garden i mention wipped out and gotta couple of pics

this is the tree I am talking about -g06810photo08-jpg-weeping-alaskan-cedar-jpg i call it the depressed tree lol
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

3. Likes Jersey liked this post
    My name is Jersey! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Susan
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jersey
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hi Susan this is the company I get My garlic from this company best I have ever found
    This company sells in different variety groups thats what I bought with the 5 different types to try and see what grows here best , they only ship just before planting time and customer service beyond belief
    -front-garden-garlic-001-jpg-front-garden-garlic-002-jpg lol think I will open a garlic stall this fall as I am HWY frontage sell it I have so much of it , We dehydrate a lot of it for use later or grind to powder . These pics are that other garden i mention wipped out and gotta couple of pics

this is the tree I am talking about -g06810photo08-jpg-weeping-alaskan-cedar-jpg i call it the depressed tree lol
    Hi Nat! Thank you so much for the info and the additional pics! I see on the website the 5 varieties of garlic available, only they don't ship garlic to the US. (Sure, one person selling garlic on the black market and it's ruined for all of us... Ha!) But what a time I had looking at everything! I'm re-inspired to get out in the garden and get dirty!! Never thought of dehydrating it!!?? Interesting! I think that may have happened to a garlic bulb I left in my garlic jar too long... didn't smell too good. I love the idea of a stand! If I had ANY road frontage don't think I wouldn't be out there with my little wagon full of garlic and other goodies selling happily away!!! I live in the country, very rural, and every mile or so you see signs for eggs, peaches, firewood, etc, but never garlic! I think you may be on to something there... and Nat... the Droopy Pine... let it go. It made me depressed just looking at the picture...

Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey View Post
    Hi Nat! Thank you so much for the info and the additional pics! I see on the website the 5 varieties of garlic available, only they don't ship garlic to the US. (Sure, one person selling garlic on the black market and it's ruined for all of us... Ha!) But what a time I had looking at everything! I'm re-inspired to get out in the garden and get dirty!! Never thought of dehydrating it!!?? Interesting! I think that may have happened to a garlic bulb I left in my garlic jar too long... didn't smell too good. I love the idea of a stand! If I had ANY road frontage don't think I wouldn't be out there with my little wagon full of garlic and other goodies selling happily away!!! I live in the country, very rural, and every mile or so you see signs for eggs, peaches, firewood, etc, but never garlic! I think you may be on to something there... and Nat... the Droopy Pine... let it go. It made me depressed just looking at the picture...
    Were also very rural , population maybe 1100 sept in summer when the hoards come we grow to 60 k , ya i was told that tree needed a protected place and possibly wrapped ect ect , as much as I like the look of it I have other things to do with tree,s mostly cut split stack for winter . sorry did not know that about shipping to the US and Garlic wow , we dehydrate tons of garden stuff and make a lot of beef jerky ect ect love it

6. Likes Jersey liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Nice size garden Roger and sounds like a great mix of veggies to me , do not forget with the asparagus that you should not harvest for 2 years after planting date , we got hit ( first time I have ever seen it too ) some sort of bug basically killed them all off last year , have no idea what it was , out of say 12 crowns may 6 came up this year a real drag as I love the stuff . Love to see some pics of your garden Bud
    Hi Nate. Per your request...here are some pictures of the garden.

The raised beds house the asparagus.

8. Likes Jersey, Texas Carol liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

WOW guys, your gardens look fantastic!!!

We had a garden at our old house, but we don't have much of a yard here. I got two of those raised beds from Amazon, and I put a herb garden in one of those… maybe one day I'll have more property where I can spread out… Lol

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    WOW guys, your gardens look fantastic!!!

We had a garden at our old house, but we don't have much of a yard here. I got two of those raised beds from Amazon, and I put a herb garden in one of those… maybe one day I'll have more property where I can spread out… Lol
    Thanks. The wet weather is not allowing for any yard work today. It's suppose to turn nice later this week.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

11. Likes 2BullyMama, ddnene liked this post
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post

Looks great Roger nice size , love the raised ones excellent idea , as the rear garden here is mostly sandy soil and our asparagus is there and does not like yours and my main garden get full day long sun I have been thinking of loosing it as the play toys ( boat tractor atv,s and such ) are parked behind that garden , would just push the garden in there as fill really . we were hit by some bug last year with our asparagus and most look like they died off ( old plants ) and did not have tons ( maybe 1/3 ) come up this year. so to replant there maybe not the right place to go .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post

Looks great Roger nice size , love the raised ones excellent idea , as the rear garden here is mostly sandy soil and our asparagus is there and does not like yours and my main garden get full day long sun I have been thinking of loosing it as the play toys ( boat tractor atv,s and such ) are parked behind that garden , would just push the garden in there as fill really . we were hit by some bug last year with our asparagus and most look like they died off ( old plants ) and did not have tons ( maybe 1/3 ) come up this year. so to replant there maybe not the right place to go .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads