Damm Rabbits

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Is there ANYTHING that works to put on flowers (black eye Susan) that I can spray or whatever to keep these little "Bast**ds" rabbits from eating :w00t: the tips of my flowers? A BULLET PROOF mix????? CHEERS

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
Um...it's gross and expensive (depending on where you live). Coyote urine--or some other predator urine (see link--I just picked one at random).
https://www.predatorpeestore.com/fox-urine-for-rabbit-hare-problems.html
A gardener friend used coyote urine against deer with great success. I would think if you have a dog and collect their urine (then you spray it in a garden sprayer) it would be much cheaper--but not sure it would work.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Um...it's gross and expensive (depending on where you live). Coyote urine--or some other predator urine (see link--I just picked one at random).
A gardener friend used coyote urine against deer with great success. I would think if you have a dog and collect their urine (then you spray it in a garden sprayer) it would be much cheaper--but not sure it would work.

Hmmm interesting Nyala's urine. She's home food I might get more rabbits lollll
Doubt I can get the coyote urine unless I order it. I presume I will get a yellow lawn. Crap cant have it all lol

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
I'm not sure what it can be sprayed on, but she worked on an estate, and there were no yellow lawns or dead plants. She didn't spray when the owners were around.....it stinks a lot. Good luck.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
A chicken wire fence that's also dug down a few inches in the ground around the whole yard is the best but that's not always possible I guess:ashamed: or plant other stuff that they like better and are allowed to eat... like clover. It could be kind a pretty with a clover patch:) but I guess the risk is that it will appeal to even more rabbits, lol.

I read about predator urine when I wanted to get rid of cats coming into our yard to take a crap:blush2: it seems like it works but I never tired it.

Chili pepper might work too if it's just a small area that they're messing up...

I have the same problem with my chickens, they eat everything:( but I have them by choice so I must just deal:tongue:

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
Oh another idea--this will take some research though. My grandma used to ring her vegetable garden with very specific flowers--I remember Daffodils (a double row offset) to prevent gophers because the bulbs are poisonous. And, Marigolds a thick border up top with another flower--can't remember--but this was to prevent bugs and vermin. Try this link:
What Plants Keep Rabbits Out of a Garden? | Garden Guides

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
A product here we can buy seems to work even on deer is " Critter Ridder " local hardware store sells it , Home Hardware prob even CDN Tire for sure on Amazon.ca

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have always heard that rabbits and deer HATE marigolds, and they do NOT like the smell of human hair. My mom always planted marigolds around our gardens, and the last time I had a vegetable garden I would just ask the hairdresser for some hair clippings. I would lay the hair around the perimeter of the garden… it seemed to work.

I absolutely LOVE black-eyed susan's BTW :w00t:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

Well this is a pissy subject.

I recommend you go to your local garden/nursery center and I am sure they have some solutions available. For now put some red chile powder (cayenne) on them. They make that into a spray as well. There is also Bobcat pee but that stuff stinks to high heaven. you may save your plants but you will not be able to sit very long to enjoy them. Also, your house guests may complain when you are entertaining in your backyard trying to figure out who in hell smells like piss. "Oh by the way is that a new after shave?"

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Well this is a pissy subject.

I recommend you go to your local garden/nursery center and I am sure they have some solutions available. For now put some red chile powder (cayenne) on them. They make that into a spray as well. There is also Bobcat pee but that stuff stinks to high heaven. you may save your plants but you will not be able to sit very long to enjoy them. Also, your house guests may complain when you are entertaining in your backyard trying to figure out who in hell smells like piss. "Oh by the way is that a new after shave?"

1001 comedians out of a job and you're the 1.. lollll thanks for you chuckles.

Its basically front of the house long path going towards the house. We have rabbits in town but rarely seen deers at the house. Its more like a small city. My neighbour on one side is like 91 and feeds all animals. She has this tin pan leaves leftovers. Told her last year cause no one else did she needs to stop that as ive seen coyote, deer, fox and we are in the city. So she did. Now stuck with these big rabbits.

This was too funny. Couple weeks ago, im coming home, parking the truck, get out, walk towards the house and I see the same damm rabbit sitting in the rock garden. I swear he's big. Has to be old too cause his eyes are like huge n bulging out. Im raising my voice "GO...GO... GET OUT OF HERE" nope didn't move. So im moving closer and tapped my hands together and crap he stood on his hind legs and just stared at me. Little S**t was like 3 feet tall standing. I like paused for a second waiting to see what he was going to do. Lol... was like being in a funny movie...rabbit attacking resident...I stomped my feet walking towards him and he went off a few feet. So I started to run a bit towards him n he took off. A moment of whooa but hey go for it. Lolll

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
If they aren't jackrabbits then I say trap them and cook them up. lol

Their like an in between. High legs like JR but ears a bit smaller. I think they are mix here. Lol

Wild rabbit is like $22 kilos here. Might start catching a few for Nyala's meals loll

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
A product here we can buy seems to work even on deer is " Critter Ridder " local hardware store sells it , Home Hardware prob even CDN Tire for sure on Amazon.ca

So I went to Can can tire :ohmy: and bought some. Ingredients basically has to do with hot peppers. Hopefully it works. Its chemfree :)

Most Reactions