Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Default Damm Rabbits

Is there ANYTHING that works to put on flowers (black eye Susan) that I can spray or whatever to keep these little "Bast**ds" rabbits from eating the tips of my flowers? A BULLET PROOF mix????? CHEERS

Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Damm Rabbits

Um...it's gross and expensive (depending on where you live). Coyote urine--or some other predator urine (see link--I just picked one at random).
    https://www.predatorpeestore.com/fox...-problems.html
    A gardener friend used coyote urine against deer with great success. I would think if you have a dog and collect their urine (then you spray it in a garden sprayer) it would be much cheaper--but not sure it would work.
    Fritthy

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Frith View Post
    Um...it's gross and expensive (depending on where you live). Coyote urine--or some other predator urine (see link--I just picked one at random).
    A gardener friend used coyote urine against deer with great success. I would think if you have a dog and collect their urine (then you spray it in a garden sprayer) it would be much cheaper--but not sure it would work.
    Hmmm interesting Nyala's urine. She's home food I might get more rabbits lollll
    Doubt I can get the coyote urine unless I order it. I presume I will get a yellow lawn. Crap cant have it all lol

4. Likes Canelospeeps liked this post
    Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I'm not sure what it can be sprayed on, but she worked on an estate, and there were no yellow lawns or dead plants. She didn't spray when the owners were around.....it stinks a lot. Good luck.
    Fritthy

6. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

A chicken wire fence that's also dug down a few inches in the ground around the whole yard is the best but that's not always possible I guess or plant other stuff that they like better and are allowed to eat... like clover. It could be kind a pretty with a clover patch but I guess the risk is that it will appeal to even more rabbits, lol.

I read about predator urine when I wanted to get rid of cats coming into our yard to take a crap it seems like it works but I never tired it.

Chili pepper might work too if it's just a small area that they're messing up...

I have the same problem with my chickens, they eat everything but I have them by choice so I must just deal
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Oh another idea--this will take some research though. My grandma used to ring her vegetable garden with very specific flowers--I remember Daffodils (a double row offset) to prevent gophers because the bulbs are poisonous. And, Marigolds a thick border up top with another flower--can't remember--but this was to prevent bugs and vermin. Try this link:
    What Plants Keep Rabbits Out of a Garden? | Garden Guides
    Fritthy

9. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

A product here we can buy seems to work even on deer is " Critter Ridder " local hardware store sells it , Home Hardware prob even CDN Tire for sure on Amazon.ca
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

11. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I have always heard that rabbits and deer HATE marigolds, and they do NOT like the smell of human hair. My mom always planted marigolds around our gardens, and the last time I had a vegetable garden I would just ask the hairdresser for some hair clippings. I would lay the hair around the perimeter of the garden… it seemed to work.

I absolutely LOVE black-eyed susan's BTW

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

13. Likes Petra, helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Frith View Post
    Well this is a pissy subject.

I recommend you go to your local garden/nursery center and I am sure they have some solutions available. For now put some red chile powder (cayenne) on them. They make that into a spray as well. There is also Bobcat pee but that stuff stinks to high heaven. you may save your plants but you will not be able to sit very long to enjoy them. Also, your house guests may complain when you are entertaining in your backyard trying to figure out who in hell smells like piss. "Oh by the way is that a new after shave?"

15. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Well this is a pissy subject.

I recommend you go to your local garden/nursery center and I am sure they have some solutions available. For now put some red chile powder (cayenne) on them. They make that into a spray as well. There is also Bobcat pee but that stuff stinks to high heaven. you may save your plants but you will not be able to sit very long to enjoy them. Also, your house guests may complain when you are entertaining in your backyard trying to figure out who in hell smells like piss. "Oh by the way is that a new after shave?"
    1001 comedians out of a job and you're the 1.. lollll thanks for you chuckles.

Its basically front of the house long path going towards the house. We have rabbits in town but rarely seen deers at the house. Its more like a small city. My neighbour on one side is like 91 and feeds all animals. She has this tin pan leaves leftovers. Told her last year cause no one else did she needs to stop that as ive seen coyote, deer, fox and we are in the city. So she did. Now stuck with these big rabbits.

This was too funny. Couple weeks ago, im coming home, parking the truck, get out, walk towards the house and I see the same damm rabbit sitting in the rock garden. I swear he's big. Has to be old too cause his eyes are like huge n bulging out. Im raising my voice "GO...GO... GET OUT OF HERE" nope didn't move. So im moving closer and tapped my hands together and crap he stood on his hind legs and just stared at me. Little S**t was like 3 feet tall standing. I like paused for a second waiting to see what he was going to do. Lol... was like being in a funny movie...rabbit attacking resident...I stomped my feet walking towards him and he went off a few feet. So I started to run a bit towards him n he took off. A moment of whooa but hey go for it. Lolll

17. Likes rjisaterp, 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

That is funny @helsonwheels I do hope you get the problem resolved though.

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

If they aren't jackrabbits then I say trap them and cook them up. lol
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads