Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
This just came up,on my FB page, and I thought I'd share it with you all. With all the food recalls out there and with many of them coming from China products, it's great information to have to know where your food is sourced from.

ALWAYS READ THE LABELS ON THE FOODS YOU BUY--NO MATTER WHAT THE FRONT OF THE BOX OR PACKAGE SAYS, TURN IT OVER AND READ THE BACK---CAREFULLY!

With all the food and pet products now coming from China , it is best to make sure you read label at the grocery store and especially Walmart when buying food products.

Many products no longer show where they were made, only give where the distributor is located.
It is important to read the bar code to track it's origin.
How to read Bar Codes .... interesting!

This may be useful to know when grocery shopping, if it's a concern to you.

GREAT WAY TO "BUY USA & CANADA " AND NOT FROM CHINA!!

The whole world is concerned about China-made "black hearted goods".
Can you differentiate which one is made in Taiwan or China ?

If the first 3 digits of the barcode are 690 691 or 692, the product is MADE IN CHINA.
471 is Made in Taiwan .

This is our right to know, but the government and related departments never educate the
public, therefore we have to RESCUE ourselves.

Nowadays, Chinese businessmen know that consumers do not prefer products "MADE IN CHINA", so they don't show from which country it is made.

However, you may now refer to the barcode - remember if the first 3 digits are:

690-692 ... then it is MADE IN CHINA
00 - 09 ... USA & CANADA
30 - 37 FRANCE
40 - 44 GERMANY
471 ... Taiwan
49 ... JAPAN
50 ... UK

BUY USA & CANADIAN MADE by watching for "0" at the beginning of the number.
We need every boost we can get! Pass this on to everybody on your E-Mail Contact List!!
If the government won't help us, we MUST help ourselves.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Good Information, Thank you so much, I am assuming this would also apply to ALL places that sell food products?

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Good Information, Thank you so much, I am assuming this would also apply to ALL places that sell food products?

I would think so, I think that the bar codes would be the same for all exporting of food, they would have to be universal so when they are scanned everyone has the same information regarding the food or product.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
I would think so, I think that the bar codes would be the same for all exporting of food, they would have to be universal so when they are scanned everyone has the same information regarding the food or product.
I try be VERY careful what Ellie gets, is on Orijen puppy, and moving to Acana Lamb and Apple, so im hoping all is good with Acana

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
interesting

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Our food here has to have where ist made and product from

Eg Made in Australia from local and imported ingredients

Or Product of Australia when it's it totally Australian should be this the world over but I know it's not

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Our food here has to have where ist made and product from

Eg Made in Australia from local and imported ingredients

Or Product of Australia when it's it totally Australian should be this the world over but I know it's not

China used to put where it was made on their packaging, but since they've had so many recalls in both pet and human foods, and because of the way they feed their farmed fish with feces, and also some foods were found to contain melamine, so they stopped putting where it came from on their packaging so you don't know. Most people don't know what the numbers on the Barcode mean, so this lets you be informed as to where your food is sourced from.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I try be VERY careful what Ellie gets, is on Orijen puppy, and moving to Acana Lamb and Apple, so im hoping all is good with Acana

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Acana is part of orijen if im not mistaken.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] :goodpost:

When it comes to food either for pets or humans, I avoid it with a 10 foot pole. Nowdays, it's very hard as even in Canada tons of items are coming from China. You would think your own country cant supply their own people or the neighbours. I read everything. I was 20ish yrs old and started to read every fregen package I buy before eating it. Im glad Nyala is on home cooking. I swear I need 2 fridge as I don't buy cans or box food. All fresh but legumes or tuna.

But so true, READ, READ, READ!!!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
The multitude of recalls is overwhelming. When you know the history of commercial pet foods, it makes you angry. Commercial foods were originally made from the scraps left over after production of food for humans--usually with all usable nutrients removed. I say "were" made. Many of them still are. A breeder told me once that dogs used to live much longer--until the advent of commercial pet foods. Their poor diets have contributed to a lot of problems we see in dogs today. You cannot be too careful when selecting commercial food for your dog or cat. So much of what is available is horrible.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
The multitude of recalls is overwhelming. When you know the history of commercial pet foods, it makes you angry. Commercial foods were originally made from the scraps left over after production of food for humans--usually with all usable nutrients removed. I say "were" made. Many of them still are. A breeder told me once that dogs used to live much longer--until the advent of commercial pet foods. Their poor diets have contributed to a lot of problems we see in dogs today. You cannot be too careful when selecting commercial food for your dog or cat. So much of what is available is horrible.

This is so true Chris, when I first brought my two guys home, I knew the food (Royal Canin) that the breeder was feeding them wasn't the best, so I started researching for a better quality of food, which is how I actually found this site. Yeah, so glad I did. While I was researching I was surprised and disgusted to see where dogfood actually came from. I read that the first source of meat they use for dogfood comes from meat that is no longer consumable for humans. It can be rancid or rotten meat, Ugh. The second source they get meat for dogfood is from Eurhanized animals from vets, which include animals which were old and or sick. These animals are injected with Phenobarbital and this is in their bodies which goes into the dogfood. In some cases, the leash and collars are still attached to the animal when they manufacture the food.
The third source they use is animals from Zoos, Circuses, and other animal places where animals such as Elephants, Lions, Tigers, Bears, etc have died. The last source of animals that they use is Road Kill. The dogfood companies take these dead animals and cook them down and dehydrate them until they are dry kibble. They don't have to disclose on the packaging that animals that have Phenobarbital in them have been used, because of a loophole. If the company didn't physically put the substance into the animal themselves, the they don't have to put it on their label. I don't understand how the government allows this? Do they not care what goes into pet food just because it's for dogs or cats, and they are just animals? Why is this allowed? It so disgusting that sick, old, dead animals are being used to make dogfood.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
This just came up,on my FB page, and I thought I'd share it with you all. With all the food recalls out there and with many of them coming from China products, it's great information to have to know where your food is sourced from.

ALWAYS READ THE LABELS ON THE FOODS YOU BUY--NO MATTER WHAT THE FRONT OF THE BOX OR PACKAGE SAYS, TURN IT OVER AND READ THE BACK---CAREFULLY!

With all the food and pet products now coming from China , it is best to make sure you read label at the grocery store and especially Walmart when buying food products.

Many products no longer show where they were made, only give where the distributor is located.
It is important to read the bar code to track it's origin.
How to read Bar Codes .... interesting!

This may be useful to know when grocery shopping, if it's a concern to you.

GREAT WAY TO "BUY USA & CANADA " AND NOT FROM CHINA!!

The whole world is concerned about China-made "black hearted goods".
Can you differentiate which one is made in Taiwan or China ?

If the first 3 digits of the barcode are 690 691 or 692, the product is MADE IN CHINA.
471 is Made in Taiwan .

This is our right to know, but the government and related departments never educate the
public, therefore we have to RESCUE ourselves.

Nowadays, Chinese businessmen know that consumers do not prefer products "MADE IN CHINA", so they don't show from which country it is made.

However, you may now refer to the barcode - remember if the first 3 digits are:

690-692 ... then it is MADE IN CHINA
00 - 09 ... USA & CANADA
30 - 37 FRANCE
40 - 44 GERMANY
471 ... Taiwan
49 ... JAPAN
50 ... UK

BUY USA & CANADIAN MADE by watching for "0" at the beginning of the number.
We need every boost we can get! Pass this on to everybody on your E-Mail Contact List!!
If the government won't help us, we MUST help ourselves.

What about Mexico...south of the border?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
In honor of the Preakness which was held yesterday just up the road from here I recall the office I use to work for had a day at the races. Of course we had to use our leave to go but, what the heck it is a good way to build camaraderie within the office. Well there was a lunch buffet set up for us and there was one chafing dish that looked like pulled pork with a lot of barbeque sauce. Well I was in line behind this one pre-madonna obnoxious co-worker that was making nothing but negative comments about the food. Needless-to-say, he was starting to analyze this dish and could not figure it out despite the label on the table. He turned around and finally said and asked..."rj, you've been to these functions before...do you know what this is?" I said "yes" as I pointed my head toward the track and replied "yesterday's losers...but The Jockey Club hides this fact really good." I guess that did not sit real well with this guy because he really "turned green around the gills." I literally saw his stomach turn at this point as he abruptly put his plate down and headed toward the facilities. Sorry Lord but, the arrogant pompous prick deserved it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
In honor of the Preakness which was held yesterday just up the road from here I recall the office I use to work for had a day at the races. Of course we had to use our leave to go but, what the heck it is a good way to build camaraderie within the office. Well there was a lunch buffet set up for us and there was one chafing dish that looked like pulled pork with a lot of barbeque sauce. Well I was in line behind this one pre-madonna obnoxious co-worker that was making nothing but negative comments about the food. Needless-to-say, he was starting to analyze this dish and could not figure it out despite the label on the table. He turned around and finally said and asked..."rj, you've been to these functions before...do you know what this is?" I said "yes" as I pointed my head toward the track and replied "yesterday's losers...but The Jockey Club hides this fact really good." I guess that did not sit real well with this guy because he really "turned green around the gills." I literally saw his stomach turn at this point as he abruptly put his plate down and headed toward the facilities. Sorry Lord but, the arrogant pompous prick deserved it.

:rofl: priceless

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.