helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Alberta Wildfires | News, Videos & Articles

5ish hours from me is under fire. It's the main town Fort Mac Murray is where Canada gets most of it's oil. Alberta is like the little Texas. Outskirts town 90% lost their home/towns. Suppose to get worse :(

I know there's a few EBN members from AB in that area. Please stay safe!!! :pray::pray::pray:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh my goodness, that is horrible… I hope that everyone stays safe, and they get these fires under control!!!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Very hard when it's 30cel and so dry :( all provinces are all sending water bombers, firecrews to help out. Shell Canada has open up their oil patch camps so people can stay for free. They are even flying some to their families. Seems fire is heading out to the airport :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just saw this on the news--- good lord!! Praying all stay safe and it dies out soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Yes I saw this issue on the news last evening. I hope all is well all the Canadian EBNers in the area. Please stay safe and heed to any warnings.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
GOD Bless all the poor people who have lost,and may lose their homes,hopefully not their lives.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
This is so scary and devastating. I hope everyone is safe and able to get out. My hubby's family all live in British Columbia, and they have had to deal with many forest fires over the years, but usually more up Island and nothing as bad as this. Sending Prayers that everyone is safe and minimal loss to homes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 125

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Alberta Wildfires | News, Videos & Articles

5ish hours from me is under fire. It's the main town Fort Mac Murray is where Canada gets most of it's oil. Alberta is like the little Texas. Outskirts town 90% lost their home/towns. Suppose to get worse :(

I know there's a few EBN members from AB in that area. Please stay safe!!! :pray::pray::pray:

I read this morning the fire is the size of New York City, with over 8,000 people evacuated. A friend is working with animal rescues in the area. I worry about my friends in the western parts of Canada. Prayers for all affected by this devastating fire. :pray::pray:

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I read this morning the fire is the size of New York City, with over 8,000 people evacuated. A friend is working with animal rescues in the area. I worry about my friends in the western parts of Canada. Prayers for all affected by this devastating fire. :pray::pray:

Im pretty sure your friend is fine as the got everyone out. They are sending everyone south as it's the only area that is safe and where bigger cities are. There's not really any trees south so fire cant continue as it mostly all fields/flat. These poor people lost everything. Some have insurance coverage and most renters dont.. Alot have lost their pets :( Your friend is doing a good deed :) A lot of pet shops and pet daycare are helping out by giving pet food and taking care of the pets for free while the families are taking care of themselves.

Tomorrow is MOTHER'S DAY. I usually go out for supper with the kids. This year I dont want a supper. I told them to put what they will be spending towards Red Cross as the government will match the amounts for people that lost everything. It's only a supper. I have supper all the time with the kids. Right now families, lost pets and friends like yours are more important.

The fire stands over 1000sq KM in size and according to the experts seems it will double. The only thing they can rely on right now is the fire bombers that came from all over Canada. This country always helped each other in situations like this. Just like you in the US you all help each other. Even both countries will help each other in horrified situations. It's what good neighbours do :)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] . I do hope you are still safe from the fire. My wife and I donated to the Red Cross for disaster that is going on right now. Jewel and Bentley say hi to Nyala. --rj

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] . I do hope you are still safe from the fire. My wife and I donated to the Red Cross for disaster that is going on right now. Jewel and Bentley say hi to Nyala. --rj

Why thank you Roger people here sure need it. Very kind of you. I even gave up my mother's day gift n restaurant supper and kids put the monies towards the Red Cross. I am safe thank you for thinking about us. Im more south like 6hrs. Also im more were its very flat. Fires need trees to to keep going. Im more in farming fields. Fires are still going and worst but it is now gone out of town areas and more in the tree areas. Again thank you :)

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Why thank you Roger people here sure need it. Very kind of you. I even gave up my mother's day gift n restaurant supper and kids put the monies towards the Red Cross. I am safe thank you for thinking about us. Im more south like 6hrs. Also im more were its very flat. Fires need trees to to keep going. Im more in farming fields. Fires are still going and worst but it is now gone out of town areas and more in the tree areas. Again thank you :)

So glad you are safe, Helene. We've been watching the limited news about the fire. The size of the area is incredible!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online